So. New Trailer. All but confirmed, Vitiate IS Valkorian

Suromir

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ur right we need to be positive, meanwhile we had a year with 0 content, and october will bring us.... 0 content as well, but hey i can farm again soa at 65, well i will sub for this, im certain my guild will too :rak_01:

For many of us story IS content. And we had to wait for a long time, so don´t complain about having to wait for your next Ops.

Actually both trailers pretty much confirms that Valkorian isn't Vitiate.

Different voice actors for one but the tone is completely wrong. Vitiate doesn't ask you to join. Vitiate tells you that you work from him.

But who knows it could be I guess. The sacrifice line from the first trailer takes on a whole new meaning if it is Vitiate. :p

It's been confirmed that Valkorion is Vitiate.

Well I know one thing.

I'm not kneeling.

I kind of have the feeling you don't get the choice. You are brought before the Emperor in shackles and you are asked to kneel. But kneeling wouldn't indicate you would spend several years in carbonite.

What I took from this is that this is a decision that EA has taken from you. You have no choice but to go with the flow. You are a member of a faction (Repub or Imp) and will stay that way. The carbonite is the response you get when you tell the Emperor to kiss your #@$.

This Emperor likes trophies. That is going to be his downfall. Instead of killing you outright when you say no, he puts you on ice to be gawked at by all those who come after you.

Officially?

If so damn that really is pretty lame. Well this is the company that brought the ME 3 endings.

Edit: Just listened to the leak.

*Sigh*

Edited by divinecynic

For many of us story IS content. And we had to wait for a long time, so don´t complain about having to wait for your next Ops.

im not talking about ops, content is ops, fp, pvp. what we got ? A new story, hepefully better than ridhi and yavin crap, hepefully, not 3-4 hours of gameplay, and than ? we need to wait another year of nothing before seeing new real end game ciontent ? ppl wake up, turning up an mmo into a sp game with monthly feed is enough even for the EA

Actually both trailers pretty much confirms that Valkorian isn't Vitiate.

Different voice actors for one but the tone is completely wrong. Vitiate doesn't ask you to join. Vitiate tells you that you work from him. Rather like Palpatine with Luke in RotJ. Valkorian is too humble.

But who knows it could be I guess. The sacrifice line from the first trailer takes on a whole new meaning if it is Vitiate. :p

the tone is slightly different but not much. And it being a new VA doesn't prove or disprove anything. If anything it almost makes me believe Valk=Vit even more because this "new" VA is practically mimicing Vitiate. Why do that if it's a different character and a new VA?

Again I'm not saying it's a definite, but all signs are pointing to it. And your points don't refute anything.

BioWare's done it before. Mordin has two diff VA's in ME2 and ME3 for example.

Sounds like the same voice actor to me. It's the delivery that's different.

As for Valkorian being Vitiate... Good. Can't just leave the Vitiate storyline off where they did and skip to the next big bad without any explanation as to why Vitiate is no longer public enemy #1.

It's weird how people claim they are burnt out on the Vitiate bit when he really doesn't play a big part in any of the class stories other than the JK. SOR and Ziost were like a prequel to his rebirth, which has now made him everyone's problem.

Too many whiners on here who want things that would actually suck. Dropping Vitiate now would make NO sense.

officially? by whom exactly? because all I'm seeing is leaks. that said. it does make sense in a way, after all... emperor was always using other people's bodies to do his business around our galaxy. "emperor's voice" is main reason why I never really bought Jedi knight story. certain parts of it anyways

I'm on the side that thinks Valkorion isn't just Vitiate in a new body. Or at least, hasn't always been. I suspect Vitiate took over Valkorion at some point.

At the end of Ziost, Vitiate mentions having noticed something new that intrigued him. He may have decided to go check it out, found Valkorion, subdued and posessed him and that's why in the trailer, the JK claims he came to Zakuul for him. They followed him there.

However, it doesn't explain why Vitiate found Valkorion so interesting to take over.

Have to wait for release to understand.

im not talking about ops, content is ops, fp, pvp. what we got ? A new story, hepefully better than ridhi and yavin crap, hepefully, not 3-4 hours of gameplay, and than ? we need to wait another year of nothing before seeing new real end game ciontent ? ppl wake up, turning up an mmo into a sp game with monthly feed is enough even for the EA

Changes since September 2014 (that's 1 year ago):

Ability Training Costs have been removed from the game.

Level cap increased to 60 (Requires Shadow of Revan)

Major class and combat changes

New Class abilities:

New Discipline abilities for most specs

New Group wide buffs and passive abilities for some Advanced Classes

New Daily Hub (Yavin 4, Ziost)

New GUI Options (proc highlighting, debuff highlighting, buff highlighting)

New Planet and Moon - Rishi and Yavin 4 (requires Shadow of Revan)

New Player Race (Togruta)

New Level 60 Hard Mode Flashpoints (Assault of Tython, Depths of Manaan, Korriban Incursion, Legacy of the Rakata, Battle of Rishi, Blood Hunt)

New Level 60 Operations (The Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice)

New Level 60 Tactical Flashpoints (Battle of Rishi, Blood Hunt)

New PvE gear sets (Yavin - Rating 186 & Massassi/Resurrected - Rating 192 & Deceiver / Revanite - Rating 198)

New PvP brackets (10-29, 30-59, 60)

New PvP gear sets (Exhumed - Rating 168 & Dark Reaver - Rating 174)

New Single Boss Operation (Colossal Monolith)

New World Bosses (Lance Squadron Command Unit, Worldbreaker Monolith)

New World Event (Epic Story XP Boost [subs only])

New Stronghold (Yavin 4)

New Systems - Solo Mode Flashpoints and Disciplines (replaced skill trees)

Outfit Designer Added

Planetary and Classic Commendations merged into Basic Commendations

PvP Reward Improvements

Ranked PvP Season 3 Ended

Ranked PvP Pre-Season 4 Started & Ended

Ranked PvP Season 4 - 5 Started & Ended

Ranked PvP Season 6 Started

Travel Improvements (All taxis unlocked, better quick travel, almost all speeders adaptive speed)

So... there's new ops, new FP's... plenty of content.

Also, content =/= whatever you deem content.

Story is also content.

Hell, new cartel packs is content.

What you're referring to could maby be called "repeatable playable content".

So stop being pissy just because you didn't get what you wanted.

off topic, but ops and story go hand in hand (typically in this mmo). Every time a new operation has been released, there as also been a new daily zone and story to go along with it.. hell.. an operation is story in and of itself

off topic, but ops and story go hand in hand (typically in this mmo). Every time a new operation has been released, there as also been a new daily zone and story to go along with it.. hell.. an operation is story in and of itself

Don't start this discussion now. The fact that you have to call off-topic to write is makes it all the more obvious.

As for the question:

Am I disappointed?

Nope, not really. I've been waiting for a chance to kick his behind back into uncharted space for good. I'm glad I'm getting that chance. They could've placed him on hold for a new villain, but I'm glad they didn't.

The only thing I want is for Bioware to make some Chapters fit specific classes a bit more than others. From what I'm seeing, and if Valkorion is Vitiate, then this expansion will really only feel like "the next step" if you're playing a Jedi Knight or a Sith Warrior, and perhaps maybe a Jedi Consular.

Shadow of Revan felt like it was meant for the Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, and Agent on Rishi, and the Force users with the Trooper and Agent on Yavin IV, which was good, I felt this brought a sense of "all in" for sure, it was perfect. Knights of the Fallen Empire needs to have these feelings of epicness evoked with all the classes-- as in, make them fit in.

They obviously used the Jedi Knight in the trailer, but he could have been easily swapped with the Sith Warrior. I could not see any of the other classes in that scene at all.

Smuggler: I've come to make you answer for your crimes.

Valkorion: Lol.

Me: ?????

Smuggler: I've come to make you answer for your crimes.

Valkorion: Lol.

Me: ?????

Well, since only Arcann is left standing besides Valkorion, this scene takes place after the attacks the twins led. Maybe they destroyed the Smuggler's fleet and he/she is in for revenge.

Or maybe the Smuggler will have another line here.

Or the Republic made them an offer they can't refuse.

(And then there is the possibility to play an extremely patriotic Smuggler, in that cas, no issue there.)

EDIT: In the leak, the SI answers Valkorion's question with "To destroy you, once and for all". It's likely this line is left to choice. Your smuggler doesn't have to present itself as a Republic representative.

Edited by Leklor

I personally prefer a connection between the two, as a lack of one would indicate some kind of creative bankruptcy. However, I do believe other options could have been considered--I was pretty fond of the idea that they could have been estranged siblings that were plotting against one another, making both common allies and enemies to the player. However, some explanation would be needed as to why their true bodies weren't Pureblood Sith, as seems to be the case with Valkorian, but the same explanation will be required if Valkorian is Vitiate's true body.

What makes you think Vitiate is a Pureblood Sith?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.