PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

careful bro.... everytime a link is posted on this the tread gets closed and poster gets infractions or suspended....

i got flagged with a bunch of these silly things prior to the reset ( i dared to use president as a for instance idea and was told "i was against ToS due to political motivation" even though i said nothing about what country and since there are MANY presidents in the world MEH)

i think this is their way of trying to control people but of course this fail as all it does is leave people angry and force them off the forums to other media which makes issues get worse faster and not slower.

careful bro.... everytime a link is posted on this the tread gets closed and poster gets infractions or suspended....

Ah - thanks for letting me know. I was honestly just posting this to give more information to the BioWare team for their investigation. I attempted to e-mail and phone, but currently their phone support is turned off and I didn't get a canned response "we got your mail" from e-mail; so wasn't sure.

I did 5 warzones yesterday. I only got to turn in the daily 1 time (was not worth 12k XP maybe it was my level, but I couldn't pick it up again). It took me an average of about 20-30 minutes to actually get the cue, and 1 match ended after 3 minutes, one after about 5, and the other 2 matches took about 10 minutes. I got enough xp for about 2/3's of a level total from all 5 warzones (I am level 13) and enough PVP commendations for about 1/5th of a low level PVP item. It's really not as bad as people are exaggerating. That or they fixed it later in the day.

Seriously people stop QQ, we will all be 50 eventually, does it really matter who is first?

Edited by dexxterjackson

Ah - thanks for letting me know. I was honestly just posting this to give more information to the BioWare team for their investigation. I attempted to e-mail and phone, but currently their phone support is turned off and I didn't get a canned response "we got your mail" from e-mail; so wasn't sure.

I know you had good intentions man, but the mods can be nazi-like at times

They have known about it for about 24 hours now.... the BG exploit which gives comendation, credits, etc... and the daily quest bug.... but they havent stopped it... just coverups by thread deletes...

twitch is playing legit .. hat off to him

I did 5 warzones yesterday. I only got to turn in the daily 1 time (was not worth 12k XP maybe it was my level, but I couldn't pick it up again). It took me an average of about 20-30 minutes to actually get the cue, and 1 match ended after 3 minutes, one after about 5, and the other 2 matches took about 10 minutes. I got enough xp for about 2/3's of a level total from all 5 warzones (I am level 13) and enough PVP commendations for about 1/5th of a low level PVP item. It's really not as bad as people are exaggerating. That or they fixed it later in the day.

Seriously people stop QQ, we will all be 50 eventually, does it really matter who is first?

think is with BG/WZ waits you can continue to quest i assume like every other game out there so you can rack up a lot of XP VERY VERY fast

thing is also that i don't care who gets to 50 first but if a bunch are at 50 because of a but and then others get in and can't use it the game is going to be unbalanced as some had advantages that others didn't.. this has always been against the rules if exploited

also there is still the issue of how fast the game dies off in subs if people can max level too fast as there really is a correlation between the 2

the levelling has been an issue for every game after WOW with a big budget which i think might be why more and more people are playing FTP all the time.

Edited by enigmacypher

not speculation i saw it as well and no he didnt do it after getting second same daily he reported it but it is working as intended so yes gg BW way to go and yes atm power lvls are not 50 but about 25-30 were people with no ,,expoit,, are about 20 so there are about 5-7 lvl difference atm so meh day after tomorrow they will be 50 no biggy

You are able to pick up a PvP quest twice in a row. The first time you get a general pvp quest -- basically an intro to warzones. To complete it you need to win a warzone match. Once you complete this quest you unlock the PvP daily, which you can immediately pick up. After that the daily works as any other daily -- you can only complete it once per day.

So no you can't infinitely complete the pvp daily, and without that extra xp I highly doubt warzones will outperform questing.

think is with BG/WZ waits you can continue to quest i assume like every other game out there so you can rack up a lot of XP VERY VERY fast

thing is also that i don't care who gets to 50 first but if a bunch are at 50 because of a but and then others get in and can't use it the game is going to be unbalanced as some had advantages that others didn't.. this has always been against the rules if exploited

also there is still the issue of how fast the game dies off in subs if people can max level too fast as there really is a correlation between the 2

the levelling has been an issue for every game after WOW with a big budget which i think might be why more and more people are playing FTP all the time.

WoW has a leveling bug. It's called expansions. Seriously after vanilla you can level by sneezing.

I don't think the level gap for early access is that bad. Most people on my server were still on the starting world last night.

WoW has a leveling bug. It's called expansions. Seriously after vanilla you can level by sneezing.

I don't think the level gap for early access is that bad. Most people on my server were still on the starting world last night.

this game i feel already has the posy multiple expansion bug but maybe i will be proved wrong even after seeing it time and time again

i won't lie about it and say i am not disheartened by the thought that this one might end up a foot note for MMOs )sadly after (WAR and RIFTs people making games still haven't learned)

this game i feel already has the posy multiple expansion bug but maybe i will be proved wrong even after seeing it time and time again

i won't lie about it and say i am not disheartened by the thought that this one might end up a foot note for MMOs )sadly after (WAR and RIFTs people making games still haven't learned)

GW2 will be a cliff note... its a suck game... basicly aion 2.0 with bugs

GW2 will be a cliff note... its a suck game... basicly aion 2.0 with bugs

lol i looked at it and though i did buy GW1 and a lot of add on stuff i also thought GW2 looked like a bad game

age of Wulin looks like it might be ok but have to see for sure (it is like playing a game in the genre of "iron monkey" style martial arts and weapons) and it is to the best of my knowledge only marketed in EU and asia at this time.

i will also say i think any new MMOs coming from well known companies are coming out with all the same stuff regurgitated back at us time and again and they just aren't "thinking outside the box"

Edited by enigmacypher

lol i looked at it and though i did buy GW1 and a lot of add on stuff i also thought GW2 looked like a bad game

age of Wulin looks like it might be ok but have to see for sure (it is like playing a game in the genre of "iron monkey" style martial arts and weapons) and it is to the best of my knowledge only marketed in EU and asia at this time.

i will also say i think any new MMOs coming from well known companies are coming out with all the same stuff regurgitated back at us time and again and they just aren't "thinking outside the box"

Yea I did the achievements in GW1 for GW2 release and then realized GW2 blows... its aion...and stupid like aion

ill stick this one out but many guilds are refusing to play on the preorder servers until exploits are fixed... rerolling at launch

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

The problem is under population... Not exploitation lol....

I cant confirm...but

LOL

There was nobody even CLOSE to that high on my server last night, 25 I think was the highest.

All this seems like, is maybe there is to much exp given out for little effort in Warzones. People are not EXPLOITING, they are trying to que for warzones and not enough people are making it happen.

Get owned by metrics

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Not going to lie, this kind of has me worried. So, what you're saying is when I get into the game and decide I want to queue PVP until there are enough people queued for an actual match, that we'll get treated as if we're expoiting?

So in other words... don't queue any PVP until there are enough people queueing PVP? The logic of that just doesn't make sense. :confused:

I get that there needs to be some way to prevent people from exploiting the system - but how are you guys going to determine if someone is trying to exploit the system or legitimately play a match? It seems to me that the best solution is to just remove or reduce the rewards for matches ending early... but maybe that's just the dev in me thinking too hard.

The problem is under population... Not exploitation lol....

Hardly. The problem is giving out full xp and credits if the match ends early - this is a development issue and anyone with half a brain would realize doing this over and over again is taking advantage of a bug and that action would be taken against them.

Also, it's 1 full day of early access, the game hasn't even actually "launched" yet, so talking about 'underpopulation' at launch is absolutely silly.

well at least on my server warzones are full and highest level ive seen so far was a 30 which is easily doable in 1 day of spacebar blitzing

True on my server as well (which is one of the ones apparently accused of exploiting heavily)

While I'm not in game right now - last night at 11PM EST the highest level was 19 - while people on the boards were stating (factually so they said) that there were 40's.

Exploiting the game? or Exploiting Wave invites...

Sick 'em!:D

100% Exploiting wave invites for sure! I mean Bioware should have thought this throu, they cant take action on ANYONE for this because Bioware didnt invite enough people.... lol its funny to me but really its lame at the same time cause when more people start logging into the game the xp rate will drop down lolol.... Good job to those that made the first couple of days of free power lvling GG bioware :)

Not going to lie, this kind of has me worried. So, what you're saying is when I get into the game and decide I want to queue PVP until there are enough people queued for an actual match, that we'll get treated as if we're expoiting?

So in other words... don't queue any PVP until there are enough people queueing PVP? The logic of that just doesn't make sense. :confused:

I get that there needs to be some way to prevent people from exploiting the system - but how are you guys going to determine if someone is trying to exploit the system or legitimately play a match? It seems to me that the best solution is to just remove or reduce the rewards for matches ending early... but maybe that's just the dev in me thinking too hard.

Did you also see his follow up?

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

Seems like it's a non-issue.

Edited by Vanlan