PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=106615&postcount=725

It seems that some interesting events took place and players were quickly banned after word got out, snaps to that :) . Nice handling of the issue, but Im curious why you didnt tell us you banned them. We saw the exploits through streams today. Its not very good, regardless of the reason, to "twist" facts to save face. Please be more "streight" with us on issues down the road.

Im not wanting to flame but simply request that stories line up with what the community saw in live video streams today where players exploited time and time again. Banning doesnt change that it happened and 30 in about 14 hours is not really legit ... if admited to be legit than the game is childs play.

Thanks for the Twitter updates and keep rollin out the smiles with us. The game looks great and stress tests went well. The main concern of players is the phasing of EGA. I think its cool and all and rewards the fans for who got on ship first, but it kind of ruins the MMO experience for many. Hopefully tomorrow will go better, with quicker moderation + stickies to warn that any complaints can kindly enjoy a day of escape from the forums while they cool their heads.

Good leader = Strong hand...Wise Words... Big heart

No one was banned. There was no one to ban.

No one has even come close to level 30. Stop believing rumors and look for yourself. Ask a streamer to do a /who, you'll see that the highest levels are in the low 20s right now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one was banned. There was no one to ban.

No one has even come close to level 30. Stop believing rumors and look for yourself. Ask a streamer to do a /who, you'll see that the highest levels are in the low 20s right now.

Some are now in the high 20s but ya still no 30s

Thats BS don't punish the players for your "F" up

Players duty is to report any bug or exploits. Not to use them for their own good.

You could try to change your point of view in this case really.

So if there's any player who use exploits, they deserve to be punished no doubt.

What would you do when you find a wallet on the street? Would you check the ID to find out the owner, or would you check the money to take? So depends of your answer, you can punish yourself already:) as any good people would do..

Players duty is to report any bug or exploits. Not to use them for their own good.

You could try to change your point of view in this case really.

So if there's any player who use exploits, they deserve to be punished no doubt.

What would you do when you find a wallet on the street? Would you check the ID to find out the owner, or would you check the money to take? So depends of your answer, you can punish yourself already:) as any good people would do..

reporting exploits fixes the experience for everyone.... its like reporting a drunk driver

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

how pathetic - day one and this happens trololololol awesome start Cryptic, woopsie :)

low 20s in a few hours ? yer, it's Rift v 2.0 level 50 will be well before end of early access. So sad to see in today's MMO's they don't want content an longevity.... it all has to be done now :(.

it is the casual player they gear for so the game is way faster .. trouble is they keep making them too fast..

shrug UO, EQ1, WoW, CoX, GW1, CO, SWG, AO, JD, forsaken world, rifts, and AoC .. wow listing them and knowing i am missing some tells me that it is time to stop buying MMOs until the game makes figure out a little too fast is bad

sure you might lose a few casuals but if you level to max in a week you lose subs due to nothing to do

it is the casual player they gear for so the game is way faster .. trouble is they keep making them too fast..

shrug UO, EQ1, WoW, CoX, GW1, CO, SWG, AO, JD, forsaken world, rifts, and AoC .. wow listing them and knowing i am missing some tells me that it is time to stop buying MMOs until the game makes figure out a little too fast is bad

sure you might lose a few casuals but if you level to max in a week you lose subs due to nothing to do

If you like long grinds to max level check out pretty much any Asian MMO.

Now I am doubting that there is really a problem at all besides long warzone queues and low warzone population. Fact is, no one has provided any screen capture of anything when challenged. There excuses are fear of a ban, not logged on and long server queues, and ignorance.

Some even claim they saw a random person at high lvl but yet no screen shot. They would not be in the wrong for showing proof of what they saw as an observer. Yet they claim ignorance.

It's time to see you start backing up those claims... Show me the pic!

low 20s in a few hours ? yer, it's Rift v 2.0 level 50 will be well before end of early access. So sad to see in today's MMO's they don't want content an longevity.... it all has to be done now :(.

i smell a vetern in you who knows that time = pride... and you should never power level.... max level should be obtained in 6 months, not 6 days.... americans ruined mmo by way of WOW....pre wow... mmo's were real and you had pride in your half a year travel to max level.

Now I am doubting that there is really a problem at all besides long warzone queues and low warzone population. Fact is, no one has provided any screen capture of anything when challenged. There excuses are fear of a ban, not logged on and long server queues, and ignorance.

Some even claim they saw a random person at high lvl but yet no screen shot. They would not be in the wrong for showing proof of what they saw as an observer. Yet they claim ignorance.

It's time to see you start backing up those claims... Show me the pic!

you didnt want any streams today did you? it was live for everyone to see

SR-steven reid even said in his after statement that there are no 30-40...that there are players considerably lower.... however as of 5 cst... there were 50's and there were 40s and 30's and currently there still are 27-32's ... some were wiped and never spoken of again. not being honest that something happened is strange... i would think that they would admit to it, lose a little face but game more by proving they arent afraid to ban people.

good moderation earns respect ....silent moderation brings questions

Edited by Gummiebear

I cant confirm...but my buddy says there are mid to high 30's! Something about SC not full and ending giving uber XP? Hence players ahead of the curve... Anyone know if this is true?

FIRST PLAYER FORUM TO HIT 5K

FIRST PLAYER FORUM TO HIT 10K

FIRST PLAYER FORUM TO HIT 15K

FIRST PLAYER FORUM TO HIT 20K

FIRST PLAYER FORUM TO HIT 35K

FIRST PLAYER FORUM TO HIT 45K

FIRST PLAYER FORUM TO HIT 55K

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL "BUG" THEME SONG FOR PVP XP!!!

As they say it might be ugly, it might frustrate the experts, but it is a win....

That is a terrible song btw...

thanks for ruining my night with it

BW can check server data, if anyone did que/cancelled warzone more than TWICE, that player is aware of the granted xp! Everyone who did this 3 or more times, should be rolled to level 1...period. Right is right.

Didn't they just want to PVP? And, "innocently" qued, the "low population" and/or "low faction EGA's" being the reason for the "boot" ?? Sooooo what? They all KNEW of the "Bonus XP," and repeated the process...they are all over youtube already! No one is saying "oops"...they are all saying "WOOT"!

BW, do what's right. Fix the cancelled warzone "reward" issue asap - rollback all players who did it more than twice...especially, since NO ONE told customer service of the exploit! Who in-game reported it??? No one...people outside of the game, who were already miffed at not being granted early access yet, and saw the internet vids...they reported it!

Rollback the players...do right BW.

Thank you Stephen for the update :)

I was beginning to worry and think "oh great, guess I'll wait till they fix this and start on afresh server" lol

But it sure is pretty cool how they can track everyones stats, and even where everyone died, on what map etc so they can plot how to shape the zones hehe technology :)

BW can check server data, if anyone did que/cancelled warzone more than TWICE, that player is aware of the granted xp! Everyone who did this 3 or more times, should be rolled to level 1...period. Right is right.

Didn't they just want to PVP? And, "innocently" qued, the "low population" and/or "low faction EGA's" being the reason for the "boot" ?? Sooooo what? They all KNEW of the "Bonus XP," and repeated the process...they are all over youtube already! No one is saying "oops"...they are all saying "WOOT"!

BW, do what's right. Fix the cancelled warzone "reward" issue asap - rollback all players who did it more than twice...especially, since NO ONE told customer service of the exploit! Who in-game reported it??? No one...people outside of the game, who were already miffed at not being granted early access yet, and saw the internet vids...they reported it!

Rollback the players...do right BW.

If BW should do anything it's ban the trolls. Like you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.