Increase in credit seller spam - 2-3 mails per character a day.

Alec_Fortescue

Did anyone experience this on their servers? On ToFN I am getting 2-3 mails per day per character. :[

Anything been done to solve it?

its an arms race.

they put in squelch and mute in chat so they resorted to sending out an easily deleted mail. report the mail and the account will eventually get banned.

they try to track the funds and mail and find the source accounts and get those.

they nerfed the chests to remove that resource for bots, so farmers will have to find a different way of getting credits.

it will never be free as long as the game is alive and there is demand. if people didn't buy them, they wouldn't have anyone to sell and there wouldn't be a market.

Mails are the least annoying. I'm glad that they stopped sending whispers and I barely see them on the general chat. Squelching works well.
I still get those too, not as bad but just yesterday got 3 whispers from 3 different spammers ignored & reported all of them, but I still get a hell of a lot of mail from them daily ,, Now its starting to be problem, I'm getting about 3 per character daily ,,, please for the love of god fix this... Edited by Legolose

report the mail and the account will eventually get banned.

Sadly when you have 20 characters all getting them you run into the dreaded "you have too many tickets open and cant open any more" stupidity when reporting them :(

Yeah, the one and only problem I have with mail spam as opposed to chat spam is that if I report it, it costs me a ticket slot.

Yeah, the one and only problem I have with mail spam as opposed to chat spam is that if I report it, it costs me a ticket slot.

Sadly when you have 20 characters all getting them you run into the dreaded "you have too many tickets open and cant open any more" stupidity when reporting them :(

i wouldn't necessarily report on every char i get a mail from, they don't need 20 copies from the same person (reports are per account, not per char), unless the accounts sending the mail are different. once per account should be sufficient if the spammer is not unique.

i wouldn't necessarily report on every char i get a mail from, they don't need 20 copies from the same person (reports are per account, not per char), unless the accounts sending the mail are different. once per account should be sufficient if the spammer is not unique.

/Agree.

I don't report mail spam anymore.. I just delete it and move on .... saving my ticket space for other reports or actions.

What I have noticed, playing GTN alts on three different servers, is that they appear to have someone who simply records characters that log in and add them to a weekly spam list. These alts never leave their stronghold.... so someone is camping the strongholds and recording character names into a spam list. Each week, they pop me a spam message and I delete it. Recently... I noticed that after not including a credit in the spam for some time now, they are now doing that again. I gather it's so they can see if the character continues to exist (since if I don't take the credit or delete the email with the credit attached... it would return to them after a period of time).

99% of my credit seller spam is for the same site so these days I'm happy just to get spam from another site for change.

My spam mails don't seem to be as frequent as some of you, I get about 1 every 2 days per character. With 17 characters it does all add up to a lot of mails though.

I haven't had any mail spam on any of my 22 characters in at least a week. I see one chat spammer only every few days. I usually play 2-3 hours per day so I'm on a lot but even the mail spam wouldn't care cuz that can arrive and sit there for days but I still rarely see it now.

They have done a phenomenal job virtually eliminating spam. Kudos.

As for why a few people seem to get more... No idea. Maybe your names are easy to spell or common. Who knows. The bottom line is that they've really kicked rump taking care of these losers.

Did anyone experience this on their servers? On ToFN I am getting 2-3 mails per day per character. :[

Anything been done to solve it?

Yeah. I too am on ToFN and pretty much getting at least one mail on each char every day. It is annoying, especially on my banking alt as I get excited thinking it's a gtn sale when I see the mail icon. However, the credit spammers only target healthy games so it is also a good sign.

The thing for BW/EA with mail spam is at least they can make some decent cash off this kinda spammer. How you ask? Gotta be a subscriber to send mail.

So keep email spamming me there Wang, Chang, and Weelildong. You are helping keep the game alive with the constant banning, resubbing new account cycle. And kudos to BW/EA for finding a way to monetize yourselves from gold spammers. If the spammers kick it up a few notches we can get loads more new content and xpacs for virtually no cost but a few email deletions a day!

/Agree.

I don't report mail spam anymore.. I just delete it and move on .... saving my ticket space for other reports or actions.

What I have noticed, playing GTN alts on three different servers, is that they appear to have someone who simply records characters that log in and add them to a weekly spam list. These alts never leave their stronghold.... so someone is camping the strongholds and recording character names into a spam list. Each week, they pop me a spam message and I delete it. Recently... I noticed that after not including a credit in the spam for some time now, they are now doing that again. I gather it's so they can see if the character continues to exist (since if I don't take the credit or delete the email with the credit attached... it would return to them after a period of time).

I was just thinking my credit spammers don't love me anymore. I never get the free credit anymore.

Yes, when I saw that people were running into the limit of allowable tickets by reporting spammers, I immediately checked my open tickets.

I saw a veritable army of spammers whom I had reported, some from months ago. The tickets had never been closed.

I will no longer report spam until Bioware clears the backlog of unopened tickets. If Bioware expects us to report spammers, then they have a responsibility to actually act upon the reports.

Now the only thing I will do is just click on the mail so it shows as read. Ignoring spammers will sadly fill my ignore list to the point I can't ignore actual loot ninjas, trolls, terribads in GF queue who do less DPS/healing/aggro than a level 10 companion, etc.

If Bioware won't police their own game then they should just give us the ability to set our own mail and chat filters, so we can deal with the spam ourselves without clogging up ignore/open ticket lists.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.