[VIdeo] level 60 vigilance guardian gameplay on Novare Coast

LtBombshell

So a couple things I noticed:

- You should always wait til an inquisitors force speed is gone / or almost gone before leaping because any intelligent inquisitor will have a talent called "egress" which makes them immune to roots, so they will end up out of range by your next gcd.

- You used your cc breaker on a root I think? That's a complete no no.

- Guardian has so many defensive cds on fairly short cds and you didn't use a single one up to where I stopped watching.

- You used your area taunt when you were the only one being attacked

Not gonna lie man, it was pretty rough to watch, BUT there is always room for improvement.

I am gonna guess that you are far more PvE oriented based on the play / the rotation. For now just start paying attention to what other classes can do, and get used to using your CDs.

It would probably be easier if you had specific questions at this point.

Best of luck in PvP!

So a couple things I noticed:

- You should always wait til an inquisitors force speed is gone / or almost gone before leaping because any intelligent inquisitor will have a talent called "egress" which makes them immune to roots, so they will end up out of range by your next gcd.

Yeah I need to work on class-based tactics.

- You used your cc breaker on a root I think? That's a complete no no.

There's a chance I might have hit that just because I have the talent that lets me gain health when I use my CC-breaker, so it's useful in a pinch, but you're right- I need to save it for better situations.

- Guardian has so many defensive cds on fairly short cds and you didn't use a single one up to where I stopped watching.

When things start to get really busy I have a complete breakdown and either do one of 2 things:

1. Hit all my CDs ever all at the same time and maybe live

2.In my desperate scramble to hit all my CDs ever at the same time, I don't hit a single one and die.

So yes, certainly something I need to work on. Keybinding is a bit of an issue here because I'm starting to run out of easy-to-access keys, and I often forget about abilities if I never use them.

- You used your area taunt when you were the only one being attacked

Must have been desperate for those protection points :p

Not gonna lie man, it was pretty rough to watch, BUT there is always room for improvement.

I am gonna guess that you are far more PvE oriented based on the play / the rotation. For now just start paying attention to what other classes can do, and get used to using your CDs.

It would probably be easier if you had specific questions at this point.

Best of luck in PvP!

Well thanks for your honesty and feedback- appreciate it!

Man I tell ya, I wish I had a Jedi with a green saber.

What graphics card are you using? I really liked the quality of your vid.

Really? Thanks :D I actually play on a laptop. i7-4710HQ@2.50GHz, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, GTX860M w/2GB VRAM. I recorded using Bandicam's 'Youtube 720p' preset.

Really? Thanks :D I actually play on a laptop. i7-4710HQ@2.50GHz, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, GTX860M w/2GB VRAM. I recorded using Bandicam's 'Youtube 720p' preset.

720p isn't really that good of quality for game videos. Compare yours to a swtor vid that is shot in 1080p.

Imo you shouldn't use saber throw before you leap in. You're normally not that short on focus and it's better used after leaping and eating a nasty knockback root.

Or, of course, to proc your OS autocrit

Edited by Torvai

Dalufrend covered pretty much everything but what I've noticed is that you haven't used guardian leap at all, its a really good cd, which you can use to get out of harm's way and give dmg reduction to your allies. Also when imps were capping mid, you didnt do anything to stop them instead you were busy trying to kill an op healer (which you didn't cause its a hard thing to do as a vigi guardian) and only beacuse your teammates arrived on time, the imps didnt manage to cap mid Edited by poweed