Voice during cutscenes on Togruta female issues

kingabol

I equipped a helmet, hid it and expected the voice to remain the way it was before i had the helmet equipped (in fact, since no helmet of any kind can be seen on a Togruta I expected to not hear that modulated voice even without hiding it.). Following that I entered a cutscene to hear my new gloriously geared sith sorcerer togruta talk her sith talk to an npc with the voice I have enjoyed thus far. NOPE. It was modulated, horribly modulated. As if it had a helmet on.

What action did I take immediately? I presed esc to remove the helm and resumed the conversation expecting the voice to return to normal. NOPE. I removed the helmet before the next conversation to see if it would help there. again. No. I have the helm removed, changed instances and in fact am now on my ship using my holocom, and still horribly modulated.

I know the issue will likely take time to verify, and fix, so I don't expect it to be done by the time my character finishes leveling but my goodness it's annoying! :mad:

I am having the same issue. Have you found a fix yet? different helm or anything?

Edit: If you hide head slot on your costume as well as your actual armor the voice is unmodulated

Edited by Cyladie

Would be nice if this got fixed. I picked up that new CM helmet with the visual targeting effect off the GTN for my Togruta merc, only to discover that I had to choose between the effect, or having an odd tin-can voice for no apparent visual reason. So now it's just a semi-expensive invisible mod-holder. Maybe one of my companions will get it eventually.

can confirm this issue. equipped agile reconnaissance headpiece, and even with headpiece removed (all tabs) and hidden/not hidden the voice modulation seems to be stuck on.

tried equipping and unequipping, equipping and hiding, equipping and not hiding before unequiping hiding after equipping.

I have logged out, repaired, even tried conversation on another char (works fine) so not a setting on my side.

Female togruta level 27 ,now sounds like she is talking out of a muffle.

created ingame ticket found posting here, adding to the information.

edit: equipped a non-voice modulation headpiece (confiscated mercenary headgear) the designer tab, seemed to clear it out. if having trouble may want to that.

Edited by DOHboy

• 3 months later...

Unequipping the headpiece as well as hiding the head slot on all gear tabs (cosmetic and actual gear) has not fixed the issue for me. I wonder if this is being looked at?

Edit: I just bought a simple circlet headpiece and equipped that. My togruta's voice is STILL modulated. Does that mean that I am stuck with a modulated voice now indefinitely until this gets fixed? :(

Edited by CloudCastle

Wanted to update something I found that fixed the issue, or at least temporarily until the bug is permanently squashed. I had already tried the following:

- Hiding the head slot of the modulating headpiece

- Hiding ALL head slots on ALL gear and cosmetic tabs

- Unequipping the voice modulating headpiece and leaving my head slot completely empty.

-Making sure the head slots on ALL cosmetic gear tabs were empty.

-Picking out a simple circlet and equipping that.

-Quitting the game entirely while the new headpiece was equipped and logging back in.

None of those things helped. My character was still stuck with the voice modulation from a headpiece that she was no longer even wearing.

Finally, I thought to try this: With the (no voice modulation) circlet equipped in my head gear slot, I then had to APPLY my gear outfit to my character, so that it was the current one she was actually shown wearing. This apparently overrides the previous head piece which was somehow "stuck" there even when the slot was empty.

Thank goodness. From now on I think I will get any Togruta I make a simple orange circlet on day one and only wear that for the character's entire lifespan. Not taking any chances!

• 1 month later...

I had same problem. I had a voice modulating helmet in my primary gear. I applied that, hid the head slot and then went through each of my costumes, hid the head slot and applied. Problem went away. So process was this ...

Apply main gear (one with modulating helmet)->hide head slot

Go to costume 1 -> apply -> hide head slot

Repeat for all costumes

• 7 months later...

Did a quick search and found this thread, I'm having the same issue, the modulated voice sounds terrible, like she's talking through a telephone.

I hope the devs fix this issue so that when a helmet is hidden the modulated voice is switched to normal (fingers crossed they actually read this post)

Finally, I thought to try this: With the (no voice modulation) circlet equipped in my head gear slot, I then had to APPLY my gear outfit to my character, so that it was the current one she was actually shown wearing. This apparently overrides the previous head piece which was somehow "stuck" there even when the slot was empty.

Thank goodness. From now on I think I will get any Togruta I make a simple orange circlet on day one and only wear that for the character's entire lifespan. Not taking any chances!

Did this and it's fixed, thank you :)

Edited by BogiWan