@Aelanis, The results of High Endurance, Power/Surge Tank gear.

Jinre_the_Jedi

What gear is required for this build to work? What augments, mods and enhacements to go for? Stalker or Survivor? Would rly want try it out coz I loved original vanilla swtor shadow tank-dps buld back in the day with FiB ;)

For all those asking about my gear and build, it's in the 'Gearing up' section of the Tank portion of my guide in my signature, it has a spoiler tag with every last mod and enhancement as well as utilities I run with this spec.

Great thanks. The mods you post make it easier than figuring it out through Gear sets.

I have another question. About your stats you have full End Ok, all screen dońt show some exemple on damage on Shock, Maul and other.

Your guide don't talk aboit if you use Tank bonuses or dps bonuses.

I have some thinking that you've grown too high in end and could beat more. I personnaly go full glass canon just with a shield i took power mod en power/surge enhancement. I'm actually at 44K health in full dps, it´s too low for ranked team or solo bit in regs it usually rule when you have a heal with you. and when in warzone max melee dam is at 2400 which is so terrible for opponent

But 55K health?:eek:

I have another question. About your stats you have full End Ok, all screen dońt show some exemple on damage on Shock, Maul and other.

Your guide don't talk aboit if you use Tank bonuses or dps bonuses.

I have some thinking that you've grown too high in end and could beat more. I personnaly go full glass canon just with a shield i took power mod en power/surge enhancement. I'm actually at 44K health in full dps, it´s too low for ranked team or solo bit in regs it usually rule when you have a heal with you. and when in warzone max melee dam is at 2400 which is so terrible for opponent

But 55K health?:eek:

The guide says Force Wielder Armoring 33x, which is only obtainable by purchasing the tank set. And the 55k HP is in FULL power/surge gear, as you can see in the guide. It's 55k HP, 77% Surge, 18% Crit chance and something like 1k Bonus Damage. It's from using all HIGH ENDURANCE power mods and HIGH ENDURANCE Power/Surge enhancements as well as all datacrons.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

• 3 weeks later...
Tested it out here in solo Ranked.

Stats are 54k HP

75% Surge

18.25% crit (0 crit rating)

2% Alacrity

950.8 bonus damage.

It works great.

so im trying this out, and right now, im wondering if you even need to go that far with the dps, so far my stats are:

Crit: 18.28

Surge: 67.95

health 49k

shield chance: 31.64

Absorb:30.64

right now im liking boost in damage and i don't see any kind of difference yet without the shield and absorb, and the exrah health is helping allot. but do you really need to go that far with surge? Couldn't you just go Power/Crit once you hit like 65% surge? Or is this because of auto crits that we get as shadows that we are not so worried about it? also if thats the case why not just stack like Power/Defense chance which i know has a horrible conversion ratio, but if i could get it close to 25% wouldn't that help with tanking, and right now i can deal the damage i really need to honestly. at least facing the opponents iv been righting randomly all day. Just looken for some input as to why thats all..

so im trying this out, and right now, im wondering if you even need to go that far with the dps, so far my stats are:

Crit: 18.28

Surge: 67.95

health 49k

shield chance: 31.64

Absorb:30.64

right now im liking boost in damage and i don't see any kind of difference yet without the shield and absorb, and the exrah health is helping allot. but do you really need to go that far with surge? Couldn't you just go Power/Crit once you hit like 65% surge? Or is this because of auto crits that we get as shadows that we are not so worried about it? also if thats the case why not just stack like Power/Defense chance which i know has a horrible conversion ratio, but if i could get it close to 25% wouldn't that help with tanking, and right now i can deal the damage i really need to honestly. at least facing the opponents iv been righting randomly all day. Just looken for some input as to why thats all..

You're not going to get to 25% defence chance without sacrificing a ton of power. Even in full min/maxed 174 tank gear with mitigation, your defence chance will only be 17-19%. As far as your health, it's too low, you need a lot more health, you should be all b mods and high endurance enhancements, even if they're the dps mods and enhancements, you need the high endurance versions. As far as crit, I don't gear for any because of the auto crits that we already get in the spec, which kind of defeats the purpose of crit rating. Surge can be taken a bit lower and a good alternative is actually Alacrity, because it reduces the cool down on Recklessness and Overcharge Saber, both of which are both dps gains as well as defensive cool downs in the tank spec.

You're not going to get to 25% defence chance without sacrificing a ton of power. Even in full min/maxed 174 tank gear with mitigation, your defence chance will only be 17-19%. As far as your health, it's too low, you need a lot more health, you should be all b mods and high endurance enhancements, even if they're the dps mods and enhancements, you need the high endurance versions. As far as crit, I don't gear for any because of the auto crits that we already get in the spec, which kind of defeats the purpose of crit rating. Surge can be taken a bit lower and a good alternative is actually Alacrity, because it reduces the cool down on Recklessness and Overcharge Saber, both of which are both dps gains as well as defensive cool downs in the tank spec.

I'm still missing a few pieces of the whole set I think 3 of them and some of them are part of the basic gear set, I know I'm not there yet, still got some com grinding to do. Now on the defense chance part my Defense Chance is at 21.05% which is why I asked about defence chance because it was so high and a whole 4% I didn't think it would be that bad, but I know the conversion raito is horrible so that why I figured I'd ask and I never thought about the aleacrity as a tank before but I understand why you say that OK cool il take a look ad see if I can't squeeze a bit more from this build! Thanks

I'm still missing a few pieces of the whole set I think 3 of them and some of them are part of the basic gear set, I know I'm not there yet, still got some com grinding to do. Now on the defense chance part my Defense Chance is at 21.05% which is why I asked about defence chance because it was so high and a whole 4% I didn't think it would be that bad, but I know the conversion raito is horrible so that why I figured I'd ask and I never thought about the aleacrity as a tank before but I understand why you say that OK cool il take a look ad see if I can't squeeze a bit more from this build! Thanks

Yea, with Alacrity, the reasoning for it is because it is a full dps tank build. After you start hitting strict DR on surge, the only other options are Alacrity and Accuracy, and your tank stance gives you 10% accuracy to put you at 100%, so that leaves room for 2-3% Alacrity, which is beneficial to your DCDs as well as DPS.

Yea, with Alacrity, the reasoning for it is because it is a full dps tank build. After you start hitting strict DR on surge, the only other options are Alacrity and Accuracy, and your tank stance gives you 10% accuracy to put you at 100%, so that leaves room for 2-3% Alacrity, which is beneficial to your DCDs as well as DPS.

Not your DCDs. Alacrity actually doesn't reduce those cooldowns, except for Recklessness. Or, at least, it shouldn't, considering it doesn't affect Force Cloak or Blackout.

Not your DCDs. Alacrity actually doesn't reduce those cooldowns, except for Recklessness. Or, at least, it shouldn't, considering it doesn't affect Force Cloak or Blackout.

It reduces the cooldown of Recklessness as well as Overcharge Saber, you can test it ingame if you'd like proof :p

It reduces the cooldown of Recklessness as well as Overcharge Saber, you can test it ingame if you'd like proof :p

It works on them because they're offensive cooldowns that the tank Discipline adds defensive effects to. Shroud, Blackout (for Deception), and Force Cloak don't have their cooldowns reduced because they're primarily defensive abilities (which get an offensive boost in the case of Deception's Blackout). Overcharge Saber may be our best DCD, but it doesn't count as a DCD for Alacrity.

It works on them because they're offensive cooldowns that the tank Discipline adds defensive effects to. Shroud, Blackout (for Deception), and Force Cloak don't have their cooldowns reduced because they're primarily defensive abilities (which get an offensive boost in the case of Deception's Blackout). Overcharge Saber may be our best DCD, but it doesn't count as a DCD for Alacrity.

Hmm ok, iv never been a big fan of aleacrity but il try it out. And thier I'd no other stat that would help improve the build Defensely? Other then aleacrity?

I honestly wouldn't call that build a DPS Build, I mean shield and absorb are all but worthless in PVP, Defense Chance build with high END wouldn't give you enough DPS in PVP, and thier is no way to stack damage reduction. So honestly I only see this build as the only viable build. The Defense Build that SHOULD work doesn't offer anything really that you gain from. I try to run with a healer as me and a decent healer can hold a door against 6 people by ourselfs with little issues most of the time atleast in Unranked and now iv spoken to the healers I normally run with and they say that don't notice a difference between this one and the shield and absorb build I was running so we will see....

I honestly wouldn't call that build a DPS Build, I mean shield and absorb are all but worthless in PVP, Defense Chance build with high END wouldn't give you enough DPS in PVP, and thier is no way to stack damage reduction. So honestly I only see this build as the only viable build. The Defense Build that SHOULD work doesn't offer anything really that you gain from. I try to run with a healer as me and a decent healer can hold a door against 6 people by ourselfs with little issues most of the time atleast in Unranked and now iv spoken to the healers I normally run with and they say that don't notice a difference between this one and the shield and absorb build I was running so we will see....

Defense builds are awful in PvP. Go say hi to Sorcerer with a Defense build as a tank and see how that goes. Then take a look and realize just how high a percentage Force and Tech moves are among the Disciplines and you'll realize just how bad Defense is as a stat in PvP.

Defense builds are awful in PvP. Go say hi to Sorcerer with a Defense build as a tank and see how that goes. Then take a look and realize just how high a percentage Force and Tech moves are among the Disciplines and you'll realize just how bad Defense is as a stat in PvP.

I have never actually tried a defence chance build. Was thinking about it but never tried it.

I was frustrated with shadow for a while as it is at such a disadvantaged with it comes to pvp and its main stats that I left the game to cool my head. I had forgotten one major RULE about mmos. Constitution or in this case Endurance can be used as a defensive stat if stacked properly. Both of y'all remined me of this thanks!

Edited by allexj

There is exactly 1 use for a defense set in PvP. If you're in a huttball, against a team with a decent amount of warriors/sins/snipers. And its not for what you'd think, the white damage. But rather, the white damage root/snare abilities these classes have. Being able to dodge and avoid being rooted or snared by warrior leaps, saber throws, crippling slash/throws, ravages, sniper legshots, along with evading assassin low slashes is incredibly clutch in huttball.

• 3 weeks later...