The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition - Save the Montrals!

TheSeventhJedi

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I decided to buy togruta precisely because I saw in the preview that male montrals were different from female and shorter. I do not want them changed.

Nobody is asking for them to change the existing ones so that everyone is forced to have long montrals. People are merely asking for an option to take longer ones on males (as indicated by other models already in the game), and vice versa for females.

I have to agree with the OP. They should have used the same looks the NPCs had. I do hope they fix/add this.

The same happened when they added the Cathar. It was a really disappointing moment when I realized they looked nothing like the NPCs, especially the males.

And for those who asked, no it's not a racial thing. The male NPCs have the same length of lekku as the females.

Edited by MoonDroid

//signed

If there can be any resources allocated to give CC purchased "head decor" for Togruta I support this, like hair options.

If there are clipping issues Bioware, just have it stated upfront and let your customers decide if they mind.

EDIT: OH and I am extremely gracious for adding them to the game. I am not complaining about the shorter Lekku since you released on Twitter screenshots I knew what I was buying. So all I have is a big thank you!

Edited by Darturion

There are a few male Togruta in the game ... A few are standing in the entrance of the Republic's main Hoth station ... One or two are quest givers on Balmorra and on Ilum, all Republic side ...

And I think they *all* have longer lekku ...

In The Clone Wars there's even a whole colony of Togruta in Season 4 ...

Me, I'm fine with the montrals - but I absolutely abhorr the shortness of the lekku ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I'm disappointed too but as Darturion noted, The Clone Wars is canon and they modeled the male Togruta off of that (though it's strange that the montrals face backwards like the female version instead of forwards like TCW male version and yet the lekku are short like in TCW). I wish they looked like the male NPCs from the actual game, but I really don't see them changing it or adding optional lekku/montral styles :( (I mean look how long it took to implement them in the first place).

I remember a little while before Dragon Age: Inquisition came out, players were shown all the hairstyles for the Qunari race in a demo and they were all atrocious. Not only were they horribly ugly, chunky, even grandma-ish styles but they were strangely low-res and poorly modeled compared to the hairstyles of the other races. Not only that, but they were all extremely short (unlike every Qunari NPC in the game up until that point) but there were only 3 to choose from. A huge number of people hated them, some tolerated them or didn't care about what their character looked like in general, I don't remember a single person saying they liked them. We were willing to pay for a DLC that added hairstyles, various people pointed out hairstyles for the other races that could be used for Qunari without clipping, etc...BioWare's response? "We're sorry you're disappointed" and then nothing ever again.

Edited by Nefla

So it would appear female togruta have longer Lekku and males' are shorter but I think having an option for them to at least fall at the chest would be nice.

Codi Ty had longer lekku

Zavros had longer lekku (and is the deafult mesh for all previous male togrutas in swtor)

Dan had longer lekku

Generic already existing male Togruta NPCs in SWTOR 1 2 3

Edited by Kiesu

Can we stop with the "but all the NPC togruta males have long lekku"

Every single Natuolan in the game has the exact same shaped head, every single ithorian in the game has the exact same shaped head, every single rodian in the game has the exact same shaped head.

All of the species that where non-payable at the time of launch only have one head type when it comes to NPC. They might have different colors but the heads are all the same.

The same is with Togruta, the NPC male togruta are using the exact same montrals and lekku that the female NPC togruta have.

Codi Ty had longer lekku

Zavros had longer lekku (and is the deafult mesh for all previous male togrutas in swtor)

Dan had longer lekku

Generic already existing male Togruta NPCs in SWTOR 1 2 3

They are still chest length and not as long as the females get. I am not against them adding more btw. See the post above explaining the male NPCs. I was just trying to find Canon ones.

Which FYI looking at them makes me wonder how hard would it be for them to just "move" the "hair" parts onto any face ?

Edited by Darturion

They are still chest length and not as long as the females get. I am not against them adding more btw. See the post above explaining the male NPCs. I was just trying to find Canon ones.

I didnt imply that you were implying that. Merely improved your collection of references with links that werent purely clone wars.

The men werent alone with chest lenght lekku. Raana (left) also had chest lenght lekku and was female .

Hi I'm Montrals Williams, is your lekku not long enough? Do you need extra lekku to get you to your next payday? Head on down to Lekku Loans of the Galaxy, we'll loan you that extra length lekku until you get back on your feet.

Hi I'm Montrals Williams, is your lekku not long enough? Do you need extra lekku to get you to your next payday? Head on down to Lekku Loans of the Galaxy, we'll loan you that extra length lekku until you get back on your feet.

Take my money.

Can we stop with the "but all the NPC togruta males have long lekku"

Every single Natuolan in the game has the exact same shaped head, every single ithorian in the game has the exact same shaped head, every single rodian in the game has the exact same shaped head.

All of the species that where non-payable at the time of launch only have one head type when it comes to NPC. They might have different colors but the heads are all the same.

The same is with Togruta, the NPC male togruta are using the exact same montrals and lekku that the female NPC togruta have.

The point is that we liked what was already in the game and had hoped for that. I'm sad that it's not even an option and that not a single NPC in the entire game will look anything like the player's male Togruta :( (I was also disappointed that the player Cathar looked like humans with face paint instead of like the Cathar NPCs in the game)