In KotFE will we be able to romance an original companion we couldn't before?

Eanelinea

As the title asks, Will we have an option to romance a companion we couldn't really romance before?

What I'm asking is take let's say Zenith, before we couldn't romance him for whatever reason, would we have an option now? Or what about Tharan Cedrax? We were able to have a one night stand with him, but would he have changed his mind with or without Holiday tagging along? Or even Pierce for that matter. He was a one night stand too, would he be able to be romanced come the expansion?

Personally, I really want to be able to fully romance Tharan Cedrax this time around, but with Holiday I'm not sure if he'd acknowledge that we had a fling or pretend it never happened.

Basically, aside from the possible ability of romancing NEW companion like npcs/AIs, I'd like a chance to continue the companion one night stand characters. Maybe people want to help Scourge this time and romance him instead of Doc.

I'm really hoping we'll get a chance to actually pick who WE want to romance/marry/one-night stand and not have Bioware pick it for us. I mean, of course, they'll have to 'pick' it for us to a small degree since they're creating the game and we're not, but I want CHOICES and not just same sex choices (btw, I'm all for SGR, I'm just speaking more about our original companions than anyone new)

Anyone else wondering if original companions who were JUST 'friends/acquiaintences' can become more this time around?

Maker I hope so!

My Warrior will climb Pierce like a tree! Of course, my "head-canon" is Pierce and Nasirah have been in a secret relationship for a while.

My future Shadow will be breaking the Jedi code, six ways of Sunday with Zenith too.

Edited by Amadahy

Probably not. One theory that's been floating around is that your non-KotFE companions will still be with you, but won't have anything new to them, aside from maybe a select few, which I think is logical.

I hope not, though, because with the mention of being able to possibly recruit other class companions, I think my Agent and Risha would get along swimmingly.

Well, aside from maybe the occasional genocide.

Edited by Rodyn

No.

You will potentially have the chance to romance your class' companion that was originally intended. Provided you didn't cheat on him/her. They stated you might be forgiven.

Considering other companions are being romanced by the other classes, that will not happen.

New romances though with the expansion will happen so you can probably dump your current wife/husband/etc.

I'm dropping Nadia, haven't talked to her in years. :rak_03:

As a woman. :)

Here's hoping everyone's gaydar gets fixed in the expansion.

That would be cool, but I don't think that's going to happen. I think in the future, they'll have more same-sex romance options, but they're keeping the old ones as they are.

I would have totally gone for Vette as a female SW, but I hope in the future there will be more options.

That would be cool, but I don't think that's going to happen. I think in the future, they'll have more same-sex romance options, but they're keeping the old ones as they are.

I would have totally gone for Vette as a female SW, but I hope in the future there will be more options.

There's precedent for it from Bioware, mind. Kaidan in the Mass Effect series was only romanceable by women in the first game but both genders in the third.

There's precedent for it from Bioware, mind. Kaidan in the Mass Effect series was only romanceable by women in the first game but both genders in the third.

I don't think that's quite the same thing, though. ME3 was a self-contained game. Once it was done, it was done (not including DLCs). SWTOR is a constantly growing game with an ever-evolving story. It would be easier to add something in the future than adjust something that's currently existing.

I could be wrong, they could change this, I am just inclined to think they won't.

only romanceable by women in the first game but both genders in the third.

It is conceivable though that, as much as I'd like to see all options be available, although we might choose to play our character as straight, gay, bi, or whatever - the companion themselves might be gay, straight, bi, or whatever themselves - which might curtail any possible romance with them if we aren't the option THEY prefer.

I think there is a hint at this with Vette at any rate - in the Sith Warrior storyline - where in a companion storyquest you might/ might not be able to sleep with Vette's sister, depending on your gender - Vette's sister tells you straight-out - "no women". So, it might or might not be a cultural taboo among Twillik, or just Vette's family, or whatever.

What I would like to see is continuity - if we have fully unlocked companion affection - I'd like to see that companion get jealous if we later flirt with another character - regardless of other NPCs gender. For instance, I can't just see Torian <BH> or Akaavi <Smuggler> just standing around saying nothing if their respective spouses flirted with ANYONE else. <Mando rage!>

It is conceivable though that, as much as I'd like to see all options be available, although we might choose to play our character as straight, gay, bi, or whatever - the companion themselves might be gay, straight, bi, or whatever themselves - which might curtail any possible romance with them if we aren't the option THEY prefer.

I'd really love to see this too, even though I have a feeling that going forward, romanceable companions/NPCs will all be bi so they can be romanced by everyone who'd like to (and it might be easier from a dev perspective to do it this way). However, I'd like to, at least once, try to flirt with a male companion/NPC, only for him to tell me something like, "I'd be the luckiest guy in the galaxy if that did it for me ..."