sniper weak?

SithyJerry

I've played every single class, and my style is to essentially Always try to solo everything.

Now i've noticed that with bounty hunter / s. warrior

and inquisitor, regardless of spec, can solo everything starting from level 1.

In enters the sniper, even outfitted it a lil more then i'd normally would.

I spec for MM.

Even the first instance or whatever you want to call it (black talon), killed on the first boss. (lvl 14 at the time)

Eventually managed but damn was really hard.

On to dromand kaas.

Pretty much could solo any elite with the other classes.

Not so with sniper.

That big robot thing at the revanite camp? you just die all the time.. at level 18.

It feels flawed.. like really seriously flawed.

Your first companion that acts as a bodyguard really sucks at it.

Kalyo just cant take any dmg at all, compare that to the inquisitor bodyguard or even mako for crying out loud.

Also its a little to weird that shots can miss.

Especially you will feel that with ambush, which at those levels is your big opener or finisher depending on playstyle.

I get for pvp there has to be some hits and misses, but for pve? the F?

Maybe its strange to "rant" about it three years later, as i've left 3 years ago :p and only just came back, but its such a noticable difference.

I doubt bioware cares but yeh, this needs to be looked at.

I cannot really comment about the low level sniper thing. My sniper has not been a lowbie for a long time. So I have no idea aymore what abilities you do and dont have.

Only thing I can mention is keep energy above 60 with longer fights (goldies). Or at least for the majority of the fight. It gives you more energy -> more attacks in the end.

On the accuracy thing though. You should not notice it a lot during leveling. There is like a 5% resist chance on goldies and I have no idea what silvers have.

Accuracy becomes important at boss fights during end game content at max level. And in end game it balances out the stats you can have and it creates some differences between dps and healers stat wise.

I can understand that it is annoying if an ambush misses, but in theory it should not happen often.

I am lvl ing a gunslinger alt at the moment and I found that sharpshooter the marksman mirror was weak early on and I switched to the dirty fighting/virulence spec and that got me through to the mid 20s then I switched back to sharpshooter after I got that second ability, and I'm currently mowing down everything.

As to your problem with kaliyo gear her up and she should be just fine. I rather liked her as a companion.

Sniper is plenty viable, I just leveled another one, I didn't have the slightest amount of trouble with anything. PVE endgame, they're one of the go-to classes, next to mercs and PT's.

PvE snipers are fine - in PvP, it's a mixed bag. That's largely because the gear provided for snipers tends to "favour" the MM spec (if it can be called that) but not really the other two specs. (The changes in 3.0 just don't mesh well with the gear that EA provided the players who want to use snipers, period. You really have to play mix and match with the mods and enhancements to get anything decent out of Sabotage and Virulence.)

Edited by Grue_Hunter

tbh I had the opposite experience pve leveling a gs and sniper, granted it was with the 41 power and crit collection crystals. The MM bonus to suppressing fire's surge/crit chance with the 25% damage increase from utilities w/ double crit crystals makes it insane at lower levels. ._. Edited by Amaste

I have levelled a sniper and gun slinger to 60 with ease.

The AOE attacks will clear just about all mob groups with no problem and as long as I equip my companions well no bosses are much of a problem either. For the bosses especially you have to make sure you have equipped your companions well. They will still some times die from bosses but by then its usually easy to finish off the boss with no death.