How do I get full expertise in 30-59 bracket WZs?

Ashuranrx

I always thought that as long as I didn't have any expertise items in my gear, I would get full bolster to 2018 expertise in lowby warzones. But I found that I was wrong today.

Short and incomplete answer:

Implants, earpiece, relics, armor: max level 162.

Mainhand and Offhand: max level 148.

Any higher and you lose expertise.

Remember crystals where they apply.

Remember to fill all slots.

No old gear with expertise.

Caveat:

Mainhand and Offhand at level 148 will work, but you might be able to use 162/156. Experiment.

Basically what Lundorff is saying is to just make sure you have all gear slots filled, that will ensure you get max expertise.

Any level of item in the slots will get you your expertise, and bolster will bring up your health etc. However, also try to make your gear current for your level, as the secondary stats (power, surge etc) won't get bolstered to the same extent.

This is my understanding of how it works, feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

:)

P.S. this goes for levels up to 59, at 60 you need to get more specific, as Lundorff pointed out.

Edited by jojobanutz

Basically what Lundorff is saying is to just make sure you have all gear slots filled, that will ensure you get max expertise.

[...]

P.S. this goes for levels up to 59, at 60 you need to get more specific, as Lundorff pointed out.

As Lundorff pointed out, max item rating of 148 for main- and offhand and 162 for the rest. This is important once you hit level 55+, because then you could have higher ratings, which will reduce your expertise.

Other than that, just make sure you've every slot filled.

Something no one mentioned:

Before you enter the Warzone (especially if you want to experiment with the different MH/OH pieces) is to use the "Bolsterizer" on the Gav Daragon before you enter the Warzone. This way, you will know exactly how much Expertise you have and/or need before you start the match.

Why they placed it all the way over there instead of next to the vendors and the quest booth, I'll never know (unless it is one of those attempts to force homies to check out areas of the game that are not frequented - akin to the PvE quests that force you into PvP areas).

I rather suspect that you all fell massively prey to your curse of knowledge and didn't tell the original poster where to buy those things to get all slots filled.

Because i believe that this was the original question.

Ehh...? Perhaps you are correct, but he is talking about not having expertise in gear, so I kinda assumed that he hadn't just installed the game. Personally I just run with adaptive armor and mods from the GTN.

Being new to endgame playing, I am trying to figure this out. I thought I had it figured out: hit 55, buy 55 mods, profit!

The only place I see to buy 162 gear is at the lvl 55 Basic Gear vendors. I looked on GTN and between lvl 53 and 55 nothing hit this on the mark...? Purple 53 was 158, Blue 55 is 172. I didn't see any green 55 is that 162?

I ask because the lvl 55 Basic Gear is ridiculously overpriced compared to the lvl 55 mod vendor!

I'm good on the weapon and off hand, that's lvl 53 mods at 148, but the rest looks like a pain if I am stuck grinding comms for the Basic Gear just to pvp!

Edit: Green 55s are 168 :(

So is there anywhere else to get 162s besides Basic 55 Gear? I really don't want to grind pve to pvp!

Edit edit: That's 580 comms for a full set of crappy PVE gear!!!

Edit edit edit: I forgot relics, so that's now 740 comms!!!

Edited by nedbeverage

Being new to endgame playing, I am trying to figure this out. I thought I had it figured out: hit 55, buy 55 mods, profit!

The only place I see to buy 162 gear is at the lvl 55 Basic Gear vendors. I looked on GTN and between lvl 53 and 55 nothing hit this on the mark...? Purple 53 was 158, Blue 55 is 172. I didn't see any green 55 is that 162?

I ask because the lvl 55 Basic Gear is ridiculously overpriced compared to the lvl 55 mod vendor!

I'm good on the weapon and off hand, that's lvl 53 mods at 148, but the rest looks like a pain if I am stuck grinding comms for the Basic Gear just to pvp!

You get a full set of 162 gear when you do the Forged Alliance missions (Prelude to SoR)

Edited by Turshek

Edit: Green 55s are 168 :(

So is there anywhere else to get 162s besides Basic 55 Gear? I really don't want to grind pve to pvp!

Edit edit: That's 580 comms for a full set of crappy PVE gear!!!

Edit edit edit: I forgot relics, so that's now 740 comms!!!

Those are merely the maximum levels that will give you max expertise. Anything of lower level is fine as well.

You don't have grind anything. Go to the GTN and buy some level 132 greens or similar. The system will bolster you once inside a warzone. It only cost 200-300k I would guess.

Edit: or level 96 or level 54 etc. It doesn't really matter. I often use the blue mods I can buy when I am at level 47 and use that all the way to 60.

Edited by Lundorff

I rather suspect that you all fell massively prey to your curse of knowledge and didn't tell the original poster where to buy those things to get all slots filled.

Because i believe that this was the original question.

Love it. Post some pretensions response including a link to a wiki page about how no one is giving an answer to the specific question while at the same time, not providing a specific answer to the question.

These forums never change.

You get a full set of 162 gear when you do the Forged Alliance missions (Prelude to SoR)

Thanks this is good information that I didn't know about, I just bought SoR. I'm going to go run some characters through those missions this weekend!

I always thought that as long as I didn't have any expertise items in my gear, I would get full bolster to 2018 expertise in lowby warzones. But I found that I was wrong today.

I am actually making a video on how to do this. I should have it ready later today or Sunday. Just have to add a voice over

Assault on Korriban and Assault on Tython solo dailies will also give you gear with 162 green mods in them that you can pull out. Probably a moot point for you as you can do Forged Alliances but handy for people searching for the subject who don't have the SoR expansion as they can be done without it.

Assault on Korriban and Assault on Tython solo dailies will also give you gear with 162 green mods in them that you can pull out. Probably a moot point for you as you can do Forged Alliances but handy for people searching for the subject who don't have the SoR expansion as they can be done without it.

And ALL the expansions will be free to all subs on oct 27th.