Urgent - sith inquisitor armor stolen by apocalypse

TheSplizza

Nice, now Bioware/EA can cash in a nice fat lawsuit.

1 You can't sue someone over IP if their IP predates yours.

2 Having a similar collar style isn't grounds for infringement. That style has made rounds in all sorts of fictional genres for decades.

1 You can't sue someone over IP if their IP predates yours.

2 Having a similar collar style isn't grounds for infringement. That style has made rounds in all sorts of fictional genres for decades.

this guy is right.

i do see the resemblance though.

Maybe bioware took it from them lol...

Either ways, I dont believe they can do anything after all. An example is mass effect Andromeda, shall me and all Hellines sue bioware? Because Andromeda is ours..

They cannot take copyrights of the naming. Its part of our history, mythology and also a name (female name).

Or shall we sue Sony of using Kratos name and character with a bad way. Kratos is the son of Stigos Goddess a very very archaic powerfull Goddess, she controls the ultradimensional waters of the global cosmos ( myths want it to be from hades) and she also have the key of immortality, allies of Zeus. But what we can see in Kratos game, Kratos is killing all gods. His mother is so powerful, that even all gods fear her, she punishes gods for their crimes actually, her waters can give you 2 results, punishement (oblivion or immortality). So all gods give oath to her name and her waters and if they are true, they live if they lie, they fall into oblivion.

Just 2 small examples.

In the other hand, maybe the dress looks identical, but they have a tweak somewhere, that makes it different.

Edited by Oyranos

Either ways, I dont believe they can do anything after all. An example is mass effect Andromeda, shall me and all Hellines sue bioware? Because Andromeda is ours.

You'd have to try to sue the scientific community first for naming it the Andromeda Galaxy after the myth. Also, public domain and all that...

Basing something on myth is entirely different from basing something on an existing intellectual property or likeness thereof. In this case, one would need to prove sufficiently that one was taken as an idea for the other, give provenance to its existence in one prior to the other, and more. The character Apocalypse may predate SWTOR (1980-something vs. 2011), but in order to both defend or prosecute, either side would need to prove that the specific design and likeness (i.e. that costume) is either sufficiently similar or dissimilar and which came first. Ultimately, though, I'm not sure that even Disney would be so litigious to sue FOX over something that is technically Disney's own IP (Ike Perlmutter might want to just to spite FOX, but that depends on whether or not you believe the rumours of bad behaviour he seems to get up to in regards to cutting off Marvel's nose just to spite FOX's face).

You'd have to try to sue the scientific community first for naming it the Andromeda Galaxy after the myth. Also, public domain and all that...

Basing something on myth is entirely different from basing something on an existing intellectual property or likeness thereof. In this case, one would need to prove sufficiently that one was taken as an idea for the other, give provenance to its existence in one prior to the other, and more. The character Apocalypse may predate SWTOR (1980-something vs. 2011), but in order to both defend or prosecute, either side would need to prove that the specific design and likeness (i.e. that costume) is either sufficiently similar or dissimilar and which came first. Ultimately, though, I'm not sure that even Disney would be so litigious to sue FOX over something that is technically Disney's own IP (Ike Perlmutter might want to just to spite FOX, but that depends on whether or not you believe the rumours of bad behaviour he seems to get up to in regards to cutting off Marvel's nose just to spite FOX's face).

No.. scientific community didnt name Andromeda as Andromeda... If you read our history, ZEUS made Andromeda a star system, to help her... Its not our concern if they tried to re-write history and present them as new discoveries. We named them thousands of years ago, including the 13 planets in this solar system (2 have been destroyed). Here is another example stigos goddess I referred, is located in Sagitarius I think part of the galaxy. I have to search it. That is why they kept the original names. The only names you've changed is Jupiter that is Zeus for us, Pluto that is Plutonas for us, Venus that is Aphrodite for us, Mars that is ARHS (the god of war for us) GA that is earth for u, and Saturn that is Kronos and few others.. You kept the latin translation all in all. But you kept all the moon names except earths moon and ceres (that is Dhmitra). The original moons name is Levan (there the myth of EVA and ADAM) and they changed it into a "moon" or "selinu"

Here is another thing you may and most possibly they didnt teach u. Ploutonas is Hades for u, but hades is a place not a god. Ploutonas is his name the god of after life. He rules hades (hell) and Elysium fields in Lyra star system (*heavens for u). So not only we knew about lyra but its also our heavens there. lol As you may notice, we are a big family, you are tiny minority REBELS... :p

Edited by Oyranos

Nice, now Bioware/EA can cash in a nice fat lawsuit.

Doesn't licensing all filter back to Disney anyway?

Don't they say the sincerest form of flattery is imitation :)

Look at 'Thor 2' and a certain similarity of a scene to the 'Deceived' trailer.

Edited by Vhaegrant

You all seem to be taking this seriously when it was meant to be tongue in cheek.

But I will say, I can't find one instance where Apocalypse looks like that in anything pre-dating this movie. You can't, because that isn't what he looks like. This is actually a horrible visual representation of what I would call the 2nd baddest villain in the marvel universe. I think Bryan Singer has his look very wrong, and he really does appear more like a SWTOR sith than a giant mutant.

Yes, obviously SWTOR didn't invent this style of chest piece... but you can't deny the similarity.

At least he's been played by a good actor.

and? The naming is ours! they could call it : sirah or barlog, all the draconian stuff... lol Near to Andromeda is Perseus and Pegasus and bellow is Medusa a bad constellation.... According to stories, a great war happened there. The sisters of Medusa fled the war in this solar system that hades is located... (our solar system).

you think sw is something non relevant?

Edited by Oyranos

and? The naming is ours!

The ultimate point being that Greek mythology, like most mythology even if you want to call it history, is in the public domain. That is, it belongs to everyone. Therefore, if you want to try to sue BioWare/EA for using the accepted scientific name for the galaxy that they've set their story in for Mass Effect: Andromeda, be prepared to be laughed out of court just when you try to file.

The ultimate point being that Greek mythology, like most mythology even if you want to call it history, is in the public domain. That is, it belongs to everyone. Therefore, if you want to try to sue BioWare/EA for using the accepted scientific name for the galaxy that they've set their story in for Mass Effect: Andromeda, be prepared to be laughed out of court just when you try to file.

The translation of the word MYTH from the age of Omirus means : the convincing speech - powerful knowledge. In ancient years the priests coded all knowledge in stories we call myths. So mythology is not a fantasy world and fantasy events.. But real stories hidden so it can survive.

Didnt said I am going to sue bioware in reality check... we are happy for people to use our stuff for good things, but not to manipulate and destroy the essence of it. Like the parodies you creating in Hollywood in nowadays. And I pointed out that nobody can take copyrights of the word "Andromeda" because you said it urself, is considered as a global treasure...anybody can use it but not to destroy it. Because we are going to get mad. Its time I watch mythology movies from Hollywood I get angry, they dont know even what Hades means... its a place/area, not a god. Ploutonas is the GOD of afterlife. Tartara is the area that our gods shielded the abomination, is under the crust of earth. Hades is a higher dimensional plain of existence. An example is, CERN wishes to communicate with higher dimensions.. lol Or many speak about under earths crust living aliens or beings in conspiracy theories... all comes from there. Thats the difference between tartara and hades.

Thats HADES http://secondnexus.com/technology-and-innovation/large-hadron-collider-scientists-hope-make-contact-parallel-universe/

The article above says parallel universe, its not a parallel universe, its a parallel dimension and since it is located on earth, from our stories we know, that ur scientists wish to commune with abominations we killed thousands of years ago. So their intentions are clear. (Medusa minions reside there)

Thats Tartara http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/russia-aliens4.html (in stories, the sisters of medusa reside there).

Edited by Oyranos