That is just sad

Lundorff

Now I know the republic is having a hard time here, but how desperate must you be to run with premade tank, healer, dps in lowbies? Such a lovely team is currently roaming lowbies on TRE and obviously farming anyone they encounter, myself included (hence this semi ragepost :rolleyes:). One of the reasons I play lowbies and midbies is actually to avoid premades, and so I consider this a rare treat. Fortunately. Oh and they roll with Vanguard (tank), Scoundrel (heal) and Sage (dps). Can't have any "bad" classes that might tip the odds ever so slight, no sireee.

Are they allowed to do this? Yes of course, but if level 60 is mostly a sure win for the team with the premade, then Hoo-lee MuhCow! it's even worse in lowbies.

Fortunately I know their names and can now simply quit. Yay!

/End of Rant

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, its very very sad that people have friends/guidies that like playing with each other, esp while leveling. And they spec their classes where its optimal. For PvP and FPs.

My suggestion if you are having this issue. Que with friends and/or guildies. Can't really cry over something that you have the option to do yourself.

Premades have no place in a PUG queue. You can excuse this as much as you like, but it simply means you like to stomp other people. You like to have an almost guarantee win on your hands. It was nothing to do with PVP.

I have absolutely no problem with premade vs. premade. Obviously.

Premades have no place in a PUG queue. You can excuse this as much as you like, but it simply means you like to stomp other people. You like to have an almost guarantee win on your hands. It was nothing to do with PVP.

I have absolutely no problem with premade vs. premade. Obviously.

So make your own, and stop whining.

I know, its very very sad that people have friends/guidies that like playing with each other, esp while leveling. And they spec their classes where its optimal. For PvP and FPs.

My suggestion if you are having this issue. Que with friends and/or guildies. Can't really cry over something that you have the option to do yourself.

When it's something that harms PvP as a whole, I think he has the right to "cry" over it. Not all of us are insecure and selfish little d-bags

When it's something that harms PvP as a whole, I think he has the right to "cry" over it. Not all of us are insecure and selfish little d-bags

This is the part the "get friends" people don't understand. It isn't about friends, it isn't about guilds, its about what on the other side. Stomping the Hades out of noobs or solo players isn't any kind of challenge.. you know that as well as i do, but it makes darn sure they aren't going to queue up again in some cases.

If you have a full ranked gear premade team of 4, queue ranked or make some effort to help... if all you are doing is blasting noobs, well don't complain that the community is dying.

Cant really blame people for having friends in an MMO, that's kinda part of the experience. Do I go cry om the foruns when I face a premade while solo queueing? No. I stick through it an or call my friends for halp and we usually curb stomp them right back. Edited by MisterPepssi

Cant really blame people for having friends in an MMO, that's kinda part of the experience. Do I go cry om the foruns when I face a premade while solo queueing? No. I stick through it an or call my friends for halp and we usually curb stomp them right back.

But it's not about playing with your friends. I hear this argument ad nauseum, and for the most part I don't buy it. Most premades, even random pick-up premades, do not consist of new players in need of guidance, and thus the team quickly becomes greater than the sum of its part.

Let me put this another way: If all groups that consisted of > 2 players where to suffer a 30% damage / healing debuff, how many premades would you see roaming the PUG queue? They could still be able to "play with their friends", but the insane advance would be neutered.

And before anyone says that a 30% damage / healing debuff is too much, please think for second. The team I originally posted about consists of 3 players above level 25. Their group is selected for max synergy. They _could_ be communicating by voice - some certainly are. They most likely have 2018 expertise and perhaps even stims and augments (speculation).

And what do they square of against? People level 10-29. People possible quite new to their class. People who just want to do their dailies and run around with ~1200 expertise. Hell, yesterday we had a sniper with about 850 expertise. If anything 30% is too low.

But why do I even bother... there will always be people looking for any excuse to stomp others.

Premades in lowbies are a really bad idea. You know why? Because they prevent newbie players from enjoying their first experiences in PVP. That means that there will be fewer new PVP players that will return. That means longe queues. And a lesser PVP population.

Lowbie premades simply kill the queues at endgame by strangling it at birth.

Running premades in lowbies means you don't get to QQ about a dwindling PVP population. You are part of the problem.

Edited by vennian

Another fabulous suggestion: Just prior to the start of any warzone the game will make a quick Premade Warzone Check. If it finds a premade on any team it will announce this in big bold red letters across everybody's screen:

THE OPPONENTS HAVE A PREMADE THAT CONSISTS OF: PLAYER A. PLAYER B and PLAYER C.

Then we can all just quit and find a different and more balanced encounter. You premade-guys would be totally fine with that right? It's not like you want to surprise us with your premade? It's not like you want us to exist solely for your entertainment? I mean it's about choice right? You want to play with your friends, great, and we don't want to be slaughtered in the PUG queue, so it would be totally fair if we all quit right? Then you guys would win even faster! Auto-win! Yay!

:D

When will you people finally learn that there isn't a problem with premades? You're complaining about being queued against more good players than there are on your team. That's all.

Seriously, if the matchmaking would match 8 good dps, that aren't premade, not using voip or even ingame chat against a team of 2 tanks, 2 heals and 4 dps that are all mediocre at best you would still get stomped hard.

And that's exactly the reason people list in premades: They want to reduce the chances of being queued with bads. Nothing more.

Edited by Torvai

When will you people finally learn that there isn't a problem with premades? You're complaining about being queued against more good players than there are on your team. That's all.

Seriously, if the matchmaking would match 8 good dps, that aren't premade, not using voip or even ingame chat against a team of 2 tanks, 2 heals and 4 dps that are all mediocre at best you would still get stomped hard.

And that's exactly the reason people list in premades: They want to reduce the chances of being queued with bads. Nothing more.

Well, this is neither true nor makes much sense.

That said, it's not groups' faults they (often) roll over pugs. I pretty much only solo, and yes, I wish the matchmaker would group 4v4s rather than stackin - and there are a painful amount of premades on the Harb with the 90cc transfer - but that's just one of those things.

After being facerolled by premades in lowbies, Jeff doesn't PVP.

Had a good laught @ Jeff. Basicly jeffy can handle the learning curve, wants everything to be easy, simple and spoonfed to him. When this fails to happen jeffy becomes frustrated and pissed. Poor old jeffy:D

Had a good laught @ Jeff. Basicly jeffy can handle the learning curve, wants everything to be easy, simple and spoonfed to him. When this fails to happen jeffy becomes frustrated and pissed. Poor old jeffy:D

:not_sure_if_serious:

Well, this is neither true nor makes much sense.

[...]

Maybe I worded it the wrong way. Not a native english speaker so forgive me.

What I mean is, it's a common excuse to say "well, they had a premade, so they won". This might be true, but the problem is not that it was a premade. The problem was, the premade consisted of good players. Thus they had less bads on their team that were on your team instead. This is what I mean.

Problem aren't premades. There are a lot of really bad premades too. Nobody complains about them.

Simple solution is to create two queues at 60.

The solo/pug/beginner queue. No groups allowed.

The "group" queue where groups can queue, as well as solo players who enter at their own risk.

Certain valor level should be a requirement (40 or so).

This way new and solo players get a more balanced environment, premades get a more competitive environment.

As to that stupid friend argument. Would you have been "friends" with them if they were bad at pvp, or didn't pvp even?

Simple solution is to create two queues at 60.

The solo/pug/beginner queue. No groups allowed.

The "group" queue where groups can queue, as well as solo players who enter at their own risk.

Certain valor level should be a requirement (40 or so).

This way new and solo players get a more balanced environment, premades get a more competitive environment.

As to that stupid friend argument. Would you have been "friends" with them if they were bad at pvp, or didn't pvp even?

Solo flashpoints and now this. In an mmo. :rolleyes: And if premade does not want a "competitive enviroment" and is just a pug group of two people who enjoy "solo/pug/beginner" like pvp experience? F them I guess.