Please do one of two things for datacrons...(preferably both)

Conundrum-NSA

Look guys a post made in 2012. Holy cow. 2012!!!!

It's 2015 about to be 2016 in a few months. Any legacy datacrons yet? LOL

It feels like that if they could make them legacy they would have done that already.

I think it is limited to some technical issue or something.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like that if they could make them legacy they would have done that already.

I think it is limited to some technical issue or something.

I seriously doubt is it's a technical issue. I think it's an ROI thing. That's why I pointed out in the OP I would be willing to pay for it in the CM.

The stats aren't the point, some people like to be completionist.

So, you want to be a completionist on all characters, but you do not want to have to complete the task on all characters? You don't see how these go against themselves?

Seriously, just grab a friend (I assume you have those in game, despite your behavior here on forums), and devote few hours to it...

So, you want to be a completionist on all characters, but you do not want to have to complete the task on all characters? You don't see how these go against themselves?

Seriously, just grab a friend (I assume you have those in game, despite your behavior here on forums), and devote few hours to it...

Because everyone knows it takes more than a few hours if you're doing it on many characters.

Also, I'm still not wasting my time aguing against the "you want it for free" strawman you are trying to use.

So again, what does this grind serve in the game? What purpose is it? How does everyone benefit?

Would more people benefit from taking the grind out of the game and just making a one off legacy bound as long as you get the whole set on both Rep and Imp chars?

So again, what does this grind serve in the game? What purpose is it? How does everyone benefit?

Would more people benefit from taking the grind out of the game and just making a one off legacy bound as long as you get the whole set on both Rep and Imp chars?

What is the purpose of leveling, getting gear, leveling crew skills and farming credits ? It is all part of character progression and andvancment. So is the hunt for datacrons.

Edited by Neglience

What is the purpose of leveling, getting gear, leveling crew skills and farming credits ? It is all part of character progression and andvancment. So is the hunt for datacrons.

getting gear, the outcome of crew skills and credits are transferable via legacy.

It won't hurt you whatsoever so why does it have to be a no for everyone else? Are you that selfish?

getting gear, the outcome of crew skills and credits are transferable via legacy.

It won't hurt you whatsoever so why does it have to be a no for everyone else? Are you that selfish?

Äh, no. If i want to craft with a character i have to level crew skills on that character. Same goes for OP and FP rewards.

I am not selfish but i am not a friend of easy mode games where everything is handed out with little to no effort. If it would take weeks or months of grind to get them, i would say okay, you guys have a point. But it is only a couple of hours per character. You guys are just lazy.

Edited by Neglience

Because everyone knows it takes more than a few hours if you're doing it on many characters.

Also, I'm still not wasting my time aguing against the "you want it for free" strawman you are trying to use.

The ones that require grouping can be done in few hours on several characters, as there are only few of them. I can think of Fleet, Quesh, Balmorra and Taris , and that is it. I think Quesh can be cheesed to be doable solo. And to my recollection, last two offer Matrix Shards, which are even more useless than stat datacrons.

Just saying "oh, but you could monetize it", doesn't mean you do not want it for free (free in this context meaning "without having to put the effort to obtain it"). What is the difference between you offering to pay for datacrons (which are getting more and more useless with every new gear tier) and me wanting to pay for my vanguard tank to have 198 gear because I have it on my Sage DPS?

How many times are you two going to repeat that dumb statement?

"you just wanted handed to you for free"

Every single person who can read knows that no one has aksed for anything even REMOTELY like that.

Do you think if you keep repeating the lie long enough it will become truth?

I think he issue that BW needs to work around is how to implement it. They are always adding new datacrons with new story planets. So sayif you make it legacy unlock how do you do it without

1. Creating one single unlock for every planet individually

2. Having to buy it again when a new planet and new datacrons are added.

Unless they stop adding new datacrons to new planets, not sure how he best way to implement it. Like there are over 15 planets so I doubt you'd want to have to buy 15 separate unlocks for each planet out and as more come along.

So if they do this, what do you think would be the best way to implement it?

Edited by Nightblazer

If anyone is on Harbinger and would like some help getting any Datacrons or just want some company while you do I'd love to hear from you:

Republic - Dalari'ia

Imperial - Faloni'ia

I can help with things like:

• All Ilum Datacrons in <10 minutes.
  • Makeb Datacron one-shot in about 12 minutes.
  • I can jump up to the Datacron and then pull you.
  • I have a good system for the Rakata Cubes for the Matrix Shard on Belsavis.
  • I have a character having a picnic on top of the sandcrawler on Tatooine that can pull you up.
  • If your level is too low (ie. Alderaan Endurance) I can handle that for you so you don't have to remember to come back for it later.

Some tips I can offer to assist you in your own Datacron gathering:

• Turn off sprint when jumping/pipewalking.
  • Ask others on-planet if they want to join you, it's more enjoyable with other people.
  • Gather the Datacrons while you're leveling instead of waiting until you're 60. The stats are more relevant and you can actually use the XP.
  • Now that all taxi stations are available it takes even less time to gather them if you only level through PvP or Flashpoints.
  • If you want the Datacron Master title, you only need to get them all ONCE, after that you really only need Endurance, Presence, and your Main Stat.

How many times are you two going to repeat that dumb statement?

"you just wanted handed to you for free"

Every single person who can read knows that no one has aksed for anything even REMOTELY like that.

Do you think if you keep repeating the lie long enough it will become truth?

Quoting your OP

1) Make them account wide

Meaning you want to have them available for free on other characters after you collect them once. Free in this context meaning "without having to collect them", not "payment free".

So yes, you asked for it, and people in that other thread with hundreds of posts from both sides of this issue have made asked for it.

You say you want to be completionist, but you refuse to complete the tasks. Surely even you have to be capable to seeing the oxymoron in that, right?

The only issue I see with this and I really mean THE ONLY ISSUE is people asking for junk things like "make everything legacy wide"

If legacy datacrons are finally after years of asking and begging are put in place there will be some dude somewhere:

"My toon is 500 biochem. I do not wish to biochem on another character make biochem legacy wide"

Do NOT make datacrons Legacy wide. Datacrons transfer their power by direct contact only. If you want the stat addition on a character, then you should make an effort on that character, and not be handed everything.
right because spending countless hours per toon with max 22 toons is very productive.

Most people in this entire game have at least 4 or more toons, now add 6-7 hours for each of those toons for datacrons in a few planets because that time span doesnt even cover all the planets.

And then there's the rishi one that takes hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of waiting for the 5% chance to get the rare npc.

Not to mention the chance that it will bug out on you and then you have to restart the hunt AGAIN

And that's just one planet

Edited by royhenderson

right because spending countless hours per toon with max 22 toons is very productive.

Most people in this entire game have at least 4 or more toons, now add 6-7 hours for each of those toons for datacrons in a few planets because that time span doesnt even cover all the planets.

And then there's the rishi one that takes hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of waiting for the 5% chance to get the rare npc.

Not to mention the chance that it will bug out on you and then you have to restart the hunt AGAIN

So if they want it, those players will have to continue to play the game. Huh, it's almost like they planned it that way.

Just because a few of the Datacrons are tedious/difficult/frustrating doesn't mean they all are. It's not fair to single out the Jawa balloon or Rishi as being tedious and then say they all are.

Really, only 6-8% are actually tedious, the rest are brain-dead easy, and *even if* I went as high as 20% being tedious, that's still 4/5 that are brain-dead easy and don't those hold any value/weight at all? You guys just look at one thing being tedious and then say they all are which is just ridiculous. Are all flashpoints/operations the exact same? Are all bosses within those the exact same? Are all story/side missions the exact same? It's the variety that keeps things interesting.

Some tips I can offer to assist you in your own Datacron gathering:

• Turn off sprint when jumping/pipewalking.
  • Ask others on-planet if they want to join you, it's more enjoyable with other people.
  • Gather the Datacrons while you're leveling instead of waiting until you're 60. The stats are more relevant and you can actually use the XP.
  • Now that all taxi stations are available it takes even less time to gather them if you only level through PvP or Flashpoints.
  • If you want the Datacron Master title, you only need to get them all ONCE, after that you really only need Endurance, Presence, and your Main Stat.

Edited by PetFish

There was a lot more implied than just letting me know it was posted before (which I already knew).

I have a very low tolerance for wanna-be mods who like to tell other users what they should and shouldn't post.

Ah, so you already knew and just decided to break the rules. That's cool and the gang, but some of us have a very low tolerance for those who refuse to play by the rules. See what I did there?

None of the datacrons are required, not a single one. DC hunting is purely optional. Does it give you an edge? Sure. But it is by no means a detriment to not have any of them.

Further, you really only should be going after mainstat and endurance ... maybe presence. You most certainly do not need every DC on every toon.

• 1 month later...

I have one simple request regarding datacrons:

Please make jumping around half the map a little easier!

I spent the last hour trying to get the Empire +3 cunning one in tattooine and simply am fed up with ALMOST making a jump only to fail and have to start all over again,

I don't mind a few jumps but this particular one is ridiculously fussy imo.

I am not sure that I can really be arsed to do these fiddly jumping ones