Nico Okarr promotion

lironBD

Dear bioware team.

I would like to ask if I won't be subscribed on July 31st, will I be able to purchase Nico Okarr as companion from the cartel market or get him through some quest in game later?

or being subscribed in july 31st is the only way to get him?

thanks

If they do release it as something to purchase via Cartel Market, it will be WAY later. Otherwise people who did subscribe would be royally pissed if they up and released him at launch in October.

Actually, they were careful to avoid the word "exclusive" on the Fallen Empire page so my guess is that yes, you will be able to purchase him later.

Similar to the GSH promotion where subs got the Nar Shaddaa stronghold for free but everyone else could still purchase it. There just goes too much into creating a companion that they would not allow him to be picked up on the Cartel Market later.

I was not a subscriber for the time leading up to Galactic Strongholds, but I did use a week-long referral code a couple weeks before the deadline for the "Free Bigger Nar Shaddaa Stronghold." I was weeks before the deadline, and I still got the Palace.

A month before Galactic Starfighter came out for subscribers, my subscription ended. I still got the free Gunship at GSF launch.

So don't worry OP- You're subscribed right now, long before the thirty-first deadline, so you'll be getting Nico Okarr foe-shizzel at KotFE launch. :)

Edit: Alternatively, if you're referring to someone else who cannot afford to be a subscriber by the thirty-first, I recommend they click the colored text below. ;)

Edited by Anysao

If they do release it as something to purchase via Cartel Market, it will be WAY later. Otherwise people who did subscribe would be royally pissed if they up and released him at launch in October.

Pretty much, it'd cheapen the promotion and make people feel like they've been had. :p

If they do add him later for purchase I would find it wierd if they did so with all the promotional items. The Hutt trainer were not available for later purchase for example.

Which is what I said in my first paragraph you didn't quote.

I was not a subscriber for the time leading up to Galactic Strongholds, but I did use a week-long referral code a couple weeks before the deadline for the "Free Bigger Nar Shaddaa Stronghold." I was weeks before the deadline, and I still got the Palace.

A month before Galactic Starfighter came out for subscribers, my subscription ended. I still got the free Gunship at GSF launch.

So don't worry OP- You're subscribed right now, long before the thirty-first deadline, so you'll be getting Nico Okarr foe-shizzel at KotFE launch. :)

Edit: Alternatively, if you're referring to someone else who cannot afford to be a subscriber by the thirty-first, I recommend they click the colored text below. ;)

The question is not whether someone is a subscriber NOW, but whether they will be subscriber ON July 31.

Unless I am mistaken, you must be a subscriber ON JULY 31 in order to receive Nico Okarr as a companion. A player who is subscribed now, but whose subscription ends on July 28 would not get Nico Okarr as a companion if they let that subscription lapse from July 28 to August 1.

It looks to me as if they will be giving the rewards to ONLY those who are actually subscribed ON the relevant dates.

That is just how I read the promotion, though.

The question is not whether someone is a subscriber NOW, but whether they will be subscriber ON July 31.

Unless I am mistaken, you must be a subscriber ON JULY 31 in order to receive Nico Okarr as a companion. A player who is subscribed now, but whose subscription ends on July 28 would not get Nico Okarr as a companion if they let that subscription lapse from July 28 to August 1.

It looks to me as if they will be giving the rewards to ONLY those who are actually subscribed ON the relevant dates.

Well I was posting how it worked for me: I did not need to be a subscriber ON the date, just had to be a subscriber before it. That's how it worked for Galactic Starfighter's gunship and Galactic Stronghold's Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, so I'd wager that it'd work the same way with Knights of the Fallen Empire's Nico Okarr.

Well I was posting how it worked for me: I did not need to be a subscriber ON the date, just had to be a subscriber before it. That's how it worked for Galactic Starfighter's gunship and Galactic Stronghold's Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, so I'd wager that it'd work the same way with Knights of the Fallen Empire's Nico Okarr.

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire

Scroll down to the terms & conditions. "To qualify for the Knights of the Fallen Empire Subscriber Rewards, the account must be in a Subscriber status as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT on the date listed by the reward."

That was the way it worked for previous rewards. It looks like they have changed the way eligibility for rewards will be determined this time around, though.

Horrible promotion, we have capital controls and we cannot re-sub HAHAHAHAHAHA.... one whole country will not get any of it. EA is not distributing time cards either in my country... lolez

The good thing with me, my sub expires 15th of august so I get the Niko, but I lose the rest. Most of my guild their sub expired and they cannot resub.

Edited by Oyranos

Horrible promotion, we have capital controls and we cannot re-sub HAHAHAHAHAHA.... one whole country will not get any of it. EA is not distributing time cards either in my country... lolez

The good thing with me, my sub expires 15th of august so I get the Niko, but I lose the rest. Most of my guild their sub expired and they cannot resub.

Horrible promotion because you live in a country with some sort of odd online purchase restrictions?

No, I don't think so.

Horrible promotion because you live in a country with some sort of odd online purchase restrictions?

No, I don't think so.

well, its a horrible promotion, who cares about Nikos guns... if it was Nikos bank accounts, stronghold, spaceship... I would think about it...

Some humorous suggestion :

30th of July : Get Niko OKarr (basic model)

31th of August : Get Niko Okarr in a NUDE mode / striptiz mode

30th of September : Get unique Niko Okarr model with fully moving (animated) private parts. (if you are elligible in all 3, you also get his personal private wordrobe with fancy cloths).

that would give them more subs.

Edited by Oyranos

No, it;s not.

Well it is not, since you get Niko I agree...but after you get him, why you must pay 35 euros for the guns/cloth and mount. We have so many cloths/mounts and guns in the cartel market packs.

I like the cloth, but as for the guns and mount... nah. I would sub anyways but, I dont cry for it either right now. Because as I said I am getting niko and I am ok with that, I will resub when we are able to purchase from foreign countries again and I am fine with it...

Edited by Oyranos

Well it is not, since you get Niko I agree...but after you get him, why you must 35 euros for the guns/cloth and mount. We have so many cloths/mounts and guns in the cartel market packs.

You don't have to stay subscribed for the pistols, coat and speeder if you don't want to spend that money. But you will lose early access (if that's important to you).

You don't have to stay subscribed for the pistols, coat and speeder if you don't want to spend that money. But you will lose early access (if that's important to you).

I explained why we cannot. Its the whole country in capital controls, we cannot purchase anything outside our borders and video game stores dont sell swtor time cards... only wow, xbox,ps4 and gw2...plus some other games but not swtor. Since the game turn F2P, distributors stop selling time cards here.

Its a damage for many companies right now, I am sure bioware overall loses hundred of thousand bucks from these capital controls. Because its about 35-40 euros per person, is it? And we have many guilds in swtor.

Edited by Oyranos

I explained why we cannot. Its the whole country in capital controls, we cannot purchase anything outside our borders and video game stores dont sell swtor time cards... only wow, xbox,ps4 and gw2...plus some other games but not swtor. Since the game turn F2P, distributors stop selling time cards here.

OK, your country has "capital controls." That's not BioWare's issue.

Its a damage for many companies right now, I am sure bioware overall loses hundred of thousand bucks from these capital controls. Because its about 35-40 euros per person, is it? And we have many guilds in swtor.

Oh, gods...Oyranos, are you in Greece right now?

You may just need to make some friends on the forums who would be able to buy you a couple of timecards and mail them to you. (Are they still allowing mail and care packages in from outside the country?)

You're correct, you must be subbed on that date or you don't get him.

Oh, gods...Oyranos, are you in Greece right now?

You may just need to make some friends on the forums who would be able to buy you a couple of timecards and mail them to you. (Are they still allowing mail and care packages in from outside the country?)

We have fresh news they ve made a temp deal, but I am very certain is not going to last for long, few months only! I may be able to get some. In 2 hours Dragumel the president of ECB will decide to extend ELA to our banks, they may open (temporally) and recall the restriction from capital controls, to buy and trade with other countries. Capital controls may last for years, but they tweak the restrictions since there is a temporary deal.

Is in the eu tv right now, they said there is a deal (they make announcements right now in the Eu commission).

Edited by Oyranos