Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Warzone AFK exploiters

Dustyboy

Easy fix: Boot people sitting in the same spot longer than 1 minute. AFkers will just run to some desolate corner of the map and sit down. Implementing an autokick everywhere on the map would force them to resort to bots, and make the severity of punishment greater.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than causing you to lose a pretend internet game, they do nothing else. Stop crying and deal with it. If that's how they want to spend their $15 bucks a month, that's their choice.

That leaves you with 4 options:

1. Pay their sub and tell them how to play the game (bad move)

2. Quit the game (Good move. Less queue time for me.)

3. Shut up and deal with it. (also acceptable.)

4. Cry on the forums about it. (Does nothing except tell the players unaware of of this how to do it causing more AFKers.)

Other than causing you to lose a pretend internet game, they do nothing else. Stop crying and deal with it. If that's how they want to spend their $15 bucks a month, that's their choice.

4. Cry on the forums about it. (Does nothing except tell the players unaware of of this how to do it causing more AFKers.)

Defend exploiters much?

If they want to AFK in some random corner of Tatooine away from everyone else, whatever.

But when they screw up warzones for the rest of us, it becomes our problem.

Bimaochang on Sword of Ajunta Pall has been afk'ing for 3 days now. Congrats to him for making it from level 20-29 that way from just warzones (which we lost many because of being "outnumbered") I suppose?

I've put in a ticket myself, along with many other people on our server. Yet nothing has been done, and my ticket has been closed. Really disappointing BioWare.

Edited: For typos.

Edited by Rheeling

i level by joining warzones, due to loading screen bug, i cant use any abilities and when i die i cant ress and get teleported to fleet.

so i hide in a corner hoping noone finds me and i dont die, so i get some exp at end of match.

its the only way to level for me at the moment, because i cant fly to any planet to quest, becuase of a stupid bug.

and i am not the only one who has this bug.

i am so sorry, if i cant be of any help for the team, but some of us, are not doing it purposely.

blame bioware for not fixing this bug which has been around since beta.

and i cant chat either, so if players would chat with me i cant respond.

so probably some think i am a bot.

here is a link to the post with the bug which affects several people.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=785144#post785144

The developers have alot of work ahead of them, just hope they are actually reading and working on this stuff.

I have seen nothing to indicate that Bioware employee's still go to work. The lack of any communication is the most maddening.

I have seen nothing to indicate that Bioware employee's still go to work. The lack of any communication is the most maddening.

To be fair, the last few days have been the Christmas holiday break. Hopefully they're back in the office tomorrow and will be able to start at least giving us updates, even if it's just "we know AFK players are a problem, and we're looking into it."

Edited by Powercow

To be fair, the last few days have been the Christmas holiday break. Hopefully they're back in the office tomorrow and will be able to start at least giving us updates, even if it's just "we know AFK players are a problem, and we're looking into it."

You know what, though, everyone knows when Christmas is. Same date every year. Sure, the execs at EA are *******es for choosing this date, but it still isn't very responsible for the devs to use Christmas as an excuse to wash their hands of fixing some pretty bad bugs and exploits. The longer they wait, the worse it is for both the player base and the Bioware reputation.

You know what, though, everyone knows when Christmas is. Same date every year. Sure, the execs at EA are *******es for choosing this date, but it still isn't very responsible for the devs to use Christmas as an excuse to wash their hands of fixing some pretty bad bugs and exploits. The longer they wait, the worse it is for both the player base and the Bioware reputation.

Yeah, the higher-ups probably forced the date by the 20th to make the stockholders happy (goes into this quarter, next quarter has Mass Effect 3 to make those numbers crazy good) and to get in on the Christmas sales.

But yeah, I know there's still a couple people working at Bioware (some of my GM tickets have been answered) somewhere, so hopefully they've been collecting metrics so when they come back tuesday they'll have a big pile of information and a good idea what problems are more important.

Starting to see multiple people afk in warzones. Seems like this issue should have been anticipated. What does bioware plan to do about it? With only 8 ppl in a match, 1 or 2 afkers is a game breaker.

I have been reporting them through /bug and gotten a quick response. Less than an hour

Yeah, the higher-ups probably forced the date by the 20th to make the stockholders happy (goes into this quarter, next quarter has Mass Effect 3 to make those numbers crazy good) and to get in on the Christmas sales.

But yeah, I know there's still a couple people working at Bioware (some of my GM tickets have been answered) somewhere, so hopefully they've been collecting metrics so when they come back tuesday they'll have a big pile of information and a good idea what problems are more important.

Because selling a product to the masses the week of Christmas is a bad idea.

Perma-ban Shalum on Tyranuss Academy server. A smuggler who is playing game just staying in stealth mode in the corners and laugh at other people while they die. And his argument is "Blame BioWare for not fixing this not me". If only i could see him even via a camera i would force choke him immediately and fall to the dark side. I don't care about the dark and light side anymore i just want to kill him, like in RL. Nope, i don't care about the prison time anymore either.

^^ AFKs in warzones. Defending afkers.

I defend peoples' right to do what they want with their subscription.

You getting mad about it is like getting mad over an old lady doing 30 in a 65, you're not going to change her ways by throwing a tantrum over it.

I defend peoples' right to do what they want with their subscription.

You getting mad about it is like getting mad over an old lady doing 30 in a 65, you're not going to change her ways by throwing a tantrum over it.

And they can do whatever the heck they want -- until it interferes with other people and their ability to play.

Also, you can get ticketed for going 30 in a 65 since it's a traffic hazard.

And they can do whatever the heck they want -- until it interferes with other people and their ability to play.

Also, you can get ticketed for going 30 in a 65 since it's a traffic hazard.

AFKers have been in every single MMO ever made, they can't be stopped no matter how much belly aching you do.

Look, I understand where you people are coming from. I used to be one of those ban afker types until I realized that even if you fix this way to AFK, they'll find another. I also realized it really didn't bother me as much as I forced myself to think it did.

You're not going to win every warzone, AFKers or no AFKers. Learn to accept that fact and I promise you're ability to play won't be as affected as you think it is.

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude

AFKers have been in every single MMO ever made, they can't be stopped no matter how much belly aching you do.

WoW actually did a pretty good job (eventually) dealing with them. Believe it or not, the solution to AFKers is pretty straightforward, it just requires a few more hands to handle the cases, which costs money and time to hire and train new people (or shuffle people around), come up with procedures on how to deal with cases, and make a more simplified way to report people (which involves more coding, testing, etc.)

You're not going to win every warzone, AFKers or no AFKers. Learn to accept that fact and I promise you're ability to play won't be as affected as you think it is.

Actually, I do win most warzones (as Republic, no less!), and I certainly don't mind the ones I lose when it's a fair game. When it's a close loss and we have these parasites, it's very irritating.

So yeah, you can accept these leeches and let this game's PvP become unplayable, or you can actually try to get Bioware to spend some time fixing it.

Edited by Zilrota
removed quote

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.