If we're losing our companions, PLEASE JUST TELL US

SenileBomber

My educated guess:

Nobody is taking away your precious beautiful companions.

No need to read past here, since you appear constitutionally incapable of posting without a transparent and juvenile attempt to belittle, demean, and denigrate everyone who doesn't agree with you.

You are what the ignore list was made for. Bye.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding from everything that was said and the articles released was that you'd lose them initially but you would have the option to recruit them again later on, not that they necessarily would be gone into the void forever. I could be incorrect, but I hope not. I want all my hubbies back. I liked them.

It would go a long way if they'd bother to clarify instead of dragging it out.

Again, "Must have detailed list of spoilers or tantrums will ensue."

As others have pointed out in other threads about FE, the decisions have been made, it is what it is. Knowing what's coming is not going to change anything. I know this is a major first world problem for many, but if having to wait until October is simply way too much "suspense" to deal with, unsubscribe now, look at the situation in October and then re-subscribe (or not).

No need to read past here, since you appear constitutionally incapable of posting without a transparent and juvenile attempt to belittle, demean, and denigrate everyone who doesn't agree with you.

You are what the ignore list was made for. Bye.

I think it's pretty funny that people who espouse being noble and reserved always feel the need to be petty by telling the guy they put them on ignore in some self satisfying attempt to get the last word in instead of following the beliefs included in the same post and being the bigger person by silently ignoring them.

The impression they gave, and they did say this, that you start off and recruit several new people. Then at some point you can go around the galaxy doing reputation quests for different groups, and by doing so you can recruit old companions that are associated with that group. This includes cross-class companions.

I think it's pretty funny that people who espouse being noble and reserved always feel the need to be petty by telling the guy they put them on ignore in some self satisfying attempt to get the last word in instead of following the beliefs included in the same post and being the bigger person by silently ignoring them.

That guy apparently subscribes to the "Telling you I am putting you on ignore is a terrible punishment" philosophy. Never could quite figure these people out. I guess they are desperate to believe they are "somebody."

There's nothing "noble" about it -- it's just telling off a jerk for being a jerk. If they're not going to be civil, let them know you're not interested in their childishness and move on.

Some of them take the hint and stop responding to your posts as if you're still reading.

Others (as evidence by a couple here) never take the hint and keep running their mouths as if you're still listening.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

My educated guess:

Nobody is taking away your precious beautiful companions.

If using the sentence above as an opener for a perfectly legit prediction (which will be proven utterly false or otherwise) is honestly all it takes to push a person off the edge and into some weird righteous fury /ignore spree, then it is perfectly valid to assume said person has reached his daily, weekly, monthly or yearly forum warrioring cap. lol. I'm sure I can cause headaches sometimes etc. most here can. ^^ Yet, nothing in my post that caused him to flip out was even directed at any single person. It was my guess of things to come for the love of ged.

Of course, mister Max_Killjoy can't see any of this thanks to his alleged terrible righteous impotent punishment fury ignore.. But we all speak to crowd by design of any internet forum anyway and I felt his weird explosion deserved some sort of a remark from my part too.

I think the original post of mine in this makes a pretty good guess tbh.

There's nothing "noble" about it -- it's just telling off a jerk for being a jerk. If they're not going to be civil, let them know you're not interested in their childishness and move on.

Some of them take the hint and stop responding to your posts as if you're still reading.

Others (as evidence by a couple here) never take the hint and keep running their mouths as if you're still listening.

Edited by GalacticStarfigh

As you sail through the actual story, you prolly meet some of your old companions in passing. like " yo Shepard, wow such change. so inner growth, am total sage now. moved on can't come with you still love you ok cya"

In that case, I think I'll go back to LOTRO, where my "companion" (skirmish soldier) just fights for me and looks pretty. I know that we don't know much about the new companions, but so far none of them can hold a candle to the old ones for me.

I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of companions during normal gameplay. I find them highly annoying, always getting in the way of clicking stuff and twitching and glitching around behind me. Edited by NasherUK

In that case, I think I'll go back to LOTRO, where my "companion" (skirmish soldier) just fights for me and looks pretty. I know that we don't know much about the new companions, but so far none of them can hold a candle to the old ones for me.

You admit we know little about any possible new companions yet you know enough to claim none of them can hold a candle to the original companions.

Does not compute.

I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of companions during normal gameplay. I find them highly annoying, always getting in the way of clicking stuff and twitching around behind me :/

Companions are one of the selling points of TOR. If you don't like having companions, TOR is not the MMO for you. But there's nothing to stop you from dismissing your companion and playing solo if you want.

Of course, mister Max_Killjoy can't see any of this thanks to his alleged terrible righteous impotent punishment fury ignore.. But we all speak to crowd by design of any internet forum anyway and I felt his weird explosion deserved some sort of a remark from my part too

His impotence knows no bounds.

Edited by branmakmuffin

You admit we know little about any possible new companions yet you know enough to claim none of them can hold a candle to the original companions.

Does not compute.

I think it's an another matter. We don't know the new companions but we do our current ones, the ones we traveled with for three years now and grown attached to.

When you look at it from this perspective none of them can hold a candle to the original ones :)

I think it's an another matter. We don't know the new companions but we do our current ones, the ones we traveled with for three years now and grown attached to.

When you look at it from this perspective none of them can hold a candle to the original ones :)

Lana has been confirmed to be a new companion so we know one of them.

Actually for me I never grown attached to my companions. They were mainly used to do crafting and then one would come with my boyfriend and I to do missions. I can do that with new companions as well. I know that I can be one of the few who never romanced the companions or never gotten attached to them.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of companions during normal gameplay. I find them highly annoying, always getting in the way of clicking stuff and twitching and glitching around behind me.

You can dismiss them when you doing missions. My boyfriend does that with his.

Actually for me I never grown attached to my companions. They were mainly used to do crafting and then one would come with my boyfriend and I to do missions. I can do that with new companions as well. I know that I can be one of the few who never romanced the companions or never gotten attached to them.

I on the other hand immense myself greatly into the story and while I can completly ignore some of the companions others just made the story more deeper and overally more fun. Sure, they do missions for crafting and so will new ones, but companions that are with us already have a past for those of us who like to RP (even if it never leaves our head :o ) a bit.

I'm just hoping Bioware won't overdo it and make them the new stars of the story while you just stand there in awe of their accomplishments :p

Which ones have you "grown attached to?" Getting into the mindset of my characters, I actually like very few of them. I also dislike very few of them. Most of them are just "meh." I dub Felix Iresso the epitome of "meh."

And the point of FE is that it's a continuation of a story with our character is the center of, but we do not dictate its every twist and turn. If Akaavi decides she's had enough waiting and splits, that's the way the story goes.

Does not compute.

Well, there is one male companion and Nico. Neither are as good looking (to me) as the old companions, so don't tell me I have no legs to stand on here.

Besides the fact that Nico probably will not be romanceable since he is an "addon" like Sebastian and Shale.

Edited by Cedia

Well, there is one male companion and Nico. Neither are as good looking (to me) as the old companions, so don't tell me I have no legs to stand on here.

The story is what it is. Maybe Torian (for example) goes away, maybe he doesn't. But "I think Torian is better looking than Nico Okar" (or however it's spelled) has no bearing on the way the story should or is going to unfold. You don't get to dictate every little detail of the story.

I'm actually really looking forward to this. I don't care if we lose any.. im sure we will get some good new ones.

Whatever will happen.. i doubt anybody at BioWare will tell ya.

It's part of the Story.. just wait and see.

I hope we can kill some of them :jawa_evil: or make them "evil".

I want to kill Malavai Quinn

Edited by Focusangel