How effective is putting a referral link in a signature?

Anysao

No one should use Reno_Tarshil's link. He once kicked a puppy.

You know i tried to get rickrolled by clicking on you "this is a rickroll" think in your signature.. i was really looking forward to hearing that song.. :mad: i had to go search for it by my self.. i should sue you for false advertising or something :D:D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got my 5th click today and now I have all the rewards which is what I was going for. If it keeps going, great, it's a sweet bonus, but it's not going to ruin my life if I never get another one.

Thanks to the five for clicking!

Most support forums I deal with (I run a webhosting company), any sort of affiliate link is banned outright. Some sites allow for tracking links although they usually have to cleared ahead of time.

It's weird to see the exact opposite on mmo support forums.

Well I just put a referral link in my sig today so will let you know :D I do know though that it works as my daughter has one in her sig and got 5 referrals. Course, that means you have to post of the forums lol. Edited by lizziandme

Guess you need a little luck for someone to click your link in a sea of links tho :p

This is true, there doesn't seem to be enough eligible people verse those with referrals in their signatures.

I would say for every 100 referral signatures there are around 1 eligible player.

Must be nice. I'm still stuck at 5 referrals.

I dunno, maybe I smell.

Well...your name IS PetFish, perhaps you just smell a bit fishy. Or the link seems Fishy, I dunno.

But I'm in the same boat, haven't gotten many referral clicks, still it'll take time. I would honestly prefer someone clicked on it when I actually gave good advice yada yada.

Its not effective at all, if I were you, I'd just not even try.:p

But seriously, I was pleasantly surprised. After putting mine in my sig just about a month ago, 6 clicks, 1300 CC. And as others said, if you are more helpful and active on the forums you should get more clicks.