Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How effective is putting a referral link in a signature?

Anysao

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious. I've clicked when one back when my subscription lapsed and I wanted a free one. :D

This isn't against the rules of posting, is it?

I got all the rewards unlocked and some cc's to boot. I was actually surprised, but it works. However, quality post and thoughtful interaction with the community are your best bets for getting people to click your link.

I got all the rewards unlocked and some cc's to boot. I was actually surprised, but it works. However, quality post and thoughtful interaction with the community are your best bets for getting people to click your link.

What he/she said. If you are helpful and genuinely courteous, people will click your link.

Edited by DarkSaberMaster

only got 1 person so far, but i did qualify for the kurtob speeder. see what the next few weeks brings.

Best speeder in the game hands down....

I have no idea how many have clicked mine, I do know I got up to the droid pets or sumthin ...

EDIT: I just checked and I have had my referral in my sig for over a year and only 3 people have clicked on it.... so its a hit or a miss...

Edited by Knightstorme

I've only put my referral link in my signature recently, so I can't really say how effective it's been for me as of yet. I think i'm up to 2 or 3 referrals though, so it's a start. Unfortunately, I don't really post in the forums all that often. I'll read when I'm at work, but I'm usually to busy actually playing the game to post lol.

On that note I still see a lot of people advertising in fleet chat and on a few planets, saying they'll pay anyone 300-700K creds for using their link. Isn't that against TOS to advertise in-game credits in exhange for a game service or something along those lines?

On that note I still see a lot of people advertising in fleet chat and on a few planets, saying they'll pay anyone 300-700K creds for using their link. Isn't that against TOS to advertise in-game credits in exhange for a game service or something along those lines?

It is certainly against the rules to spam such links. Whether or not it's against the rules just to post it without spamming it, not sure. I always report people who do it since BWEA will sort it out.

I'd say very. I started doing it a few months ago, and I've netted probably close to 100K CCs. I had the mount and all the pet rewards in under a week.

Thanks to TheSeventhJedi (whom I used my referral on if I remember correctly) for inspiring me to follow his path..

I have had 33 referrals 22 of which subbed (some for multiple months) since 5/29. Total CC 14600.

The Padawan has learned.

Thanks to TheSeventhJedi (whom I used my referral on if I remember correctly) for inspiring me to follow his path..

I have had 33 referrals 22 of which subbed (some for multiple months) since 5/29. Total CC 14600.

The Padawan has learned.

Glad to be of service. ;)

I have zero clicks on mine, a couple of guildies did use link from chatting though so I got the speeder. If only I were smert enuf I wood real eyezed the speeder gives max speed from 1st able to use it. Oh well, free stuff is free so no complaints.

I'm currently sitting on 32.000 CC+ from referrals for the last month and a half.

But most of that comes from a sudden influx of people signing up using my referral link after the KotFE trailer was showed at E3.

But I think the most effective way of getting clicks is to simply post alot on the forums.

Well, and of course, trying (and often failing, I'm only human) to be helpful and positive in general.

It is pretty self explanatory that the people complaining alot about the game and saying that they're unsubscribing or that the game is dying won't get many referrals. I mean, why would anyone sign up using their link if they say the game sucks and is dying?

(Not saying you have to butter the game up, but don't rag on it if you want people to play it)

But most of that comes from a sudden influx of people signing up using my referral link after the KotFE trailer was showed at E3.

I think that's the big earner right there. When you know there's going to be a big announcement, come to the forums and post a lot in the threads discussing that announcement. Your signature will be a lot more visible to a lot more traffic, and you'll get more clicks.

Some people just get really lucky with it I guess. Others not so much:(

I don't think it's against the Terms as long as it's not the entire content of your response, completely unrelated to the topic being discussed. Should be fine with it in your sig.

Someone's used mine about 4 times so far from my sig, I don't post or publish it anywhere else and I logged into TOR one day and got gifts from BW from someone using my ref and subbing, like I said, happened about 4 times so far, so not complaining lol

I'd say very. I started doing it a few months ago, and I've netted probably close to 100K CCs. I had the mount and all the pet rewards in under a week.

100k CCs from players clicking your link = 1000 (players*months) In other words, it would take 100 people who are all subs (for the duration) 10 months to get you 100k CCs from your referral link.

While I might be wrong, the odds are definitely with me (since you started a "few months ago"), so I am going to go ahead and call shenanigans.