Cybertech speeders bind on pickup is absolutely ridiculous

ValaxDarkseer

Cybertech isnt very useful anyways but the mounts were hopefully gonna be an interesting thing to make and sell but NO.

The speeders are BOP! What idiocy is this? This makes it a one use recipe for crying out loud.

What a waste of time Cybertech has been. Pathetic.

Edited by ValaxDarkseer

What I imagine is that they wanted to give cybertechs a unique looking speeder similar to some of the things engineers get in wow.

While the first one isn't all that great.. the second looks unique, and I imagine so does the third..

So, just keep that in mind. and don't compare it to the speeder crafters in swg, the only reason that was profitable was because speeders could be destroyed.

Amen, why BOP ....?

Why pay tons for the crafting schematics if 1. They are BOP and 2. they do not look better then the ones you can buy of a vendor.....

Please enlighten me...

It's called a MONEY SINK. Crafting in SWTOR is simply a money sink. There are few good items to make & I say "few" very lightly. Overall, crafting is "Meh" at best in SWTOR.

What I imagine is that they wanted to give cybertechs a unique looking speeder similar to some of the things engineers get in wow.

While the first one isn't all that great.. the second looks unique, and I imagine so does the third..

So, just keep that in mind. and don't compare it to the speeder crafters in swg, the only reason that was profitable was because speeders could be destroyed.

Hurray?

My cybertech is my lvl 27 alt and I was planning on making one and putting it on my main but I can forget about that idea now.

Sure glad they made sure only cybertechs can use the speeder tho! yippe!

Of course WoW had something similar so Bioware HAS to copy that idea. Doesnt matter if the idea was garbage in the first place. Nope! Gotta copy em.

It's called a MONEY SINK. Crafting in SWTOR is simply a money sink. There are few good items to make & I say "few" very lightly. Overall, crafting is "Meh" at best in SWTOR.

Yeah crafting should be a money SINK and not a money MAKER.

Who crafts to make money anyways?! Not this guy!:rolleyes:

Hurray?

My cybertech is my lvl 27 alt and I was planning on making one and putting it on my main but I can forget about that idea now.

Sure glad they made sure only cybertechs can use the speeder tho! yippe!

Of course WoW had something similar so Bioware HAS to copy that idea. Doesnt matter if the idea was garbage in the first place. Nope! Gotta copy em.

I think its nice.. I mean I have the second speeder, and not a person on the server has one yet... I'm maybe 10 points away from maxing and being able to craft the next one though I won't be able to use it for the next 3 levels.. its still nice knowing that I can have something somewhat unique to my character.

I also imagine you could technically grind it out then learn a new craft..and keep the speeder. But what about when new things come out possibly.. I don't really know. But I like having something for now that is "just mine"

TLDR : I am bad at crafting and market analysis, therefore it is a money sink.

News flash, there are plenty of players who are making a ton of money off crafting.

BOP crafted items are personal rewards for picking up the skill. Just because you don't like the look of this speeder, plenty others probably do. You just don't understand the concept of trying to have a unique character. Some of you are too blinded by stats.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

I really wanted to craft one, but then I took an arrow to the knee... J/k :)

I've only compared the prices of materials I'd had to buy/grind to make one and figured buying from the vendor was much cheaper.

So yeah, looks are meh, crafting is too costly and I can't sell it off to some suc...cessful buyer.

Not to mention that I can't RE my first grenades.

BOP crafted items are personal rewards for picking up the skill. Just because you don't like the look of this speeder, plenty others probably do. You just don't understand the concept of trying to have a unique character. Some of you are too blinded by stats.

What do stats have to do with speeders, first of all?

Secondly, there is no such thing as a "unique" character. If there were 1,000 speeder recipes discoverable through a long and tedious process, there would be semi-unique speeders because different people would discover different recipes, at least for a while. As it is, there is only one crafted speeder for each level and every Cybertech's is going to look the same.

Also, the recipes are not rare. I have one of each squirreled away, and I still sell 1-2 every couple of days.

The reason people want BoE speeders is because it would be a nice source of income if we could sell them below vendor cost while still making a bit of profit.

Or, since they are BoP, they should have unique skins, rather than being recolors. And if they gave an extra 5% speed for example, it would be a nice personal perk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The only ones who fail at getting their investment back in crafting are the ones who fail to understand the market and trade. If you do some planning and follow market trends in your GTN, you should have no trouble netting a profit. Fortunately, many people can't be bothered to study their market enough to make crafting profitable, which is why people like me will succeed even more and love it.

I really wanted to craft one, but then I took an arrow to the knee... J/k :)

I've only compared the prices of materials I'd had to buy/grind to make one and figured buying from the vendor was much cheaper.

So yeah, looks are meh, crafting is too costly and I can't sell it off to some suc...cessful buyer.

Not to mention that I can't RE my first grenades.

I lvled using cybertech (scav and slicing)- made the stuff that was good at 400 (ship upgrades, speeders etc. for nothing cause my guild gave me the mats) and then switched to biochem - its the way to go

"Tons of money" spent on schematics? What twilight zone server are you on? Cybertech schematics sell for squat (well pretty much all schematics). I NPC vendor every cybertech schematic I get from slicing because it's just not worth the effort. Edited by Havocx

I don't know what you all are talking about. I've made a few million credits already at level 50 selling Cybertech stuff.

I buy 300 and 340 skill underworld trading missions cheap on the GTN to get lots of mats fast.

The purple spaceship upgrades sell from between 25-60K depending on supply/demand.

The desirable purple level 49 earpieces sell for 20-30K, and the ones that crit with an augment slot sell for 150-200K.

I started off mainly doing spaceship upgrades, but am now moving more into earpieces since I now have some of the nice schematics via reverse engineering.

^ Holy jesus.

Well I can say that right now I am the trend maker for the +33 Crit Crystal on my server. No one else is selling it and I am 1 of 4 people with the schem. on my server. I have talked to all 4 of them and we all came to the agreement to sell said crystal for 250k a piece and to not undercut one another. Seeing as how I haven't seen another put on the GTN in over 2 weeks I have, currently, a monopoly on this crystal.

Other than that I found your post to be very funny, if I am reading you correctly you spent a darn good amount of time slapping the heck out of a guy for saying "follow GTN trends" .... Something tells me that you could of done this a lot easier but you proved that you know your marketing trends. I tip my hat to you good sir.

Edited by Rutrict

I like the fact you cant sell them. It cost me 3.5k to get ALL 3 speeder schematics which is nothing. The mats to craft all 3 didnt matter either. I dont want to see every man and his dog on the same speeder as me when i actually went to the effort (which was nothing cause my companions did it all) to max out my cybertech and spend (very little) time leveling it. I didn't choose cybertech to sell things and make money, i chose it for the speeders, the mods / enhancements / earpieces (for my main and alts) and the bombs. I look at it as a credit dump and something to help my characters. If you were able to sell speeders, they would sell for dirt cheap anyways and you'd make practically no profit on them because everyone that has cybertech would be trying to sell them.

• 3 weeks later...
TLDR : I am bad at crafting and market analysis, therefore it is a money sink.

News flash, there are plenty of players who are making a ton of money off crafting.

If it's a personal REWARD then why do i have to pay an additional 210k credits to be able to ride it?

That's what i think is way way overpriced.

^ Holy jesus.

Well I can say that right now I am the trend maker for the +33 Crit Crystal on my server. No one else is selling it and I am 1 of 4 people with the schem. on my server. I have talked to all 4 of them and we all came to the agreement to sell said crystal for 250k a piece and to not undercut one another. Seeing as how I haven't seen another put on the GTN in over 2 weeks I have, currently, a monopoly on this crystal.

Other than that I found your post to be very funny, if I am reading you correctly you spent a darn good amount of time slapping the heck out of a guy for saying "follow GTN trends" .... Something tells me that you could of done this a lot easier but you proved that you know your marketing trends. I tip my hat to you good sir.

LOL...my thoughts exactly. Geesh..did she get up on the wrong side of the bed or what!