Twi'lek social ability? Not...

MEMEyou

No, I had no intention of rolling a Twi'lek, at any point, because they are hideous, and there's only like two in the Movies; who do nothing important anyway

Ok... well I wan't calling for you to respond - but thanks for your randomly inappropriate response.

I like the idea that the Twi'lek would get a cultural dance since dancing is such a huge part of their culture. Makes sense to me.

A huge part of what culture? There are only about two of these, our of all six movies (I've seen them all, start to finish), and they don't seem to have any culture; just one who's a cannon fodder Jedi for Clone Troopers to kill, and another who helps out Jabba the Hutt

A huge part of what culture? There are only about two of these, our of all six movies (I've seen them all, start to finish), and they don't seem to have any culture; just one who's a cannon fodder Jedi for Clone Troopers to kill, and another who helps out Jabba the Hutt

Then you don't know how to count? :confused::p

Try and read. This game is considered canon and this game's lore states that it is a large part of their culture. Not to mention the EU content that mentions it as well. There is quite a lot of canon that state that dancing is a large part of their culture.

Obviously the entire Star Wars universe is encompassed by 6 movies that were made. There weren't numerous books or games or anything else made incorporating anything else right?

How can you play SW:TOR if you've never played KOTOR?

Madness I say, sheer madness.

Obviously the entire Star Wars universe is encompassed by 6 movies that were made. There weren't numerous books or games or anything else made incorporating anything else right?

George Lucas himself has said that the extended universe is nonsense, and that Star Wars is about the Rise and Fall of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

This game is based on Star Wars, so I'm going to keep that in mind; not look to what some fanfiction written by a teenager said about a random race

This is actually my first Star Wars / Bioware game overall personally. I purchased it simply because it looked like a promising MMO title (and it hasn't failed on that yet for me, I'm loving it so far). Now that I've played this, I plan on going out and buying KOTOR 1 and 2 just to see the back stories.

Ok... well I wan't calling for you to respond - but thanks for your randomly inappropriate response.

it actually has 2 additional dances issue being that i think a majority of us assumed that dance would end up being something we saw from movies, a sensual sexy dance and really not... also first dance is pretty much basic dance with a few tweaks so yes i agree a bit disappointing! give me pole dances darn it >,<

George Lucas himself has said that the extended universe is nonsense, and that Star Wars is about the Rise and Fall of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

This game is based on Star Wars, so I'm going to keep that in mind; not look to what some fanfiction written by a teenager said about a random race

If that's the case, then why are you even playing a game that's set in the EU at all? By your own logic you shouldn't even be playing this game because George Lucas thinks the EU is nonsense. You're welcome to leave at any time.

We aren't all puritans.

But seriously. The way the character creator is set up only twi'lek should be able to do the /clubdance and no one else. Or there is no distinct social ability. The current twi'lek dance is just /dance. Which i HATE - on every class - it's like some 1990s hipster dancing to SKA. People don't listen to ska last I checked. Totally not what I'd associate with. It's not classy or timeless.

Edited by MEMEyou

I don't know where you are getting your facts but George Lucus himself approves every book in the EU. Leland Chan (keeper of the lore for Lucus) states that most all of it is Canon. To think otherwise is "nonsense".

Why would you pick a race to play just for their social ability which doesn't really do anything anyway? O.o

Because it's noted on the character creator. This is a huge portion of what is made evident to the player at character creation. And it's a huge portion of SOCIAL PLAY.

We aren't all puritans.

But seriously. The way the character creator is set up only twi'lek should be able to do the /clubdance and no one else. Or there is no distinct social ability. The current twi'lek dance is just /dance. Which i HATE - on every class - it's like some 1990s hipster dancing to SKA. People don't listen to ska last I checked. Totally not what I'd associate with. It's not classy or timeless.

it isn't just /dance, click it a few times are 2 distinct dances, first looks like normal dance but has some small variations(hate this one) second dance has alot of twirls and movement but yea not at all what i expected...

it isn't just /dance, click it a few times are 2 distinct dances, first looks like normal dance but has some small variations(hate this one) second dance has alot of twirls and movement but yea not at all what i expected...

yea but /clubdance is the actual twi'lek dance i expected. it's famous. and even my cyborg can do it.

Because it's noted on the character creator. This is a huge portion of what is made evident to the player at character creation. And it's a huge portion of SOCIAL PLAY.

Social abilities are a huge part of social play? So slapping your companion or making everyone around you cheer is a huge part of social play? It's a nifty little ability, that's about all the social abilities amount to. A little bit of flair.

You're putting too much emphasis on a crappy little ability.