Can you please make the Revan weekly a little less obnoxious?

This....makes me look really bad in front of Theron. :o

OMG, I thought the exact same thing today during the 21 times (I actually counted) I was stunned by Revan with my Jedi Guardian. On the other hand, Theron's getting stunned about as much plus being put into that bubble, so he really can't judge :p

Edited by AngFour

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're smarter than that. You're NOT stupid or ignorant enough to really think that tedium and difficulty are synonymous or "matching sets", so the only other alternative is that you're just looking to troll people, start fights, draw reportable comments from people you frustrate, etc.

So... back on the list. Bye.

He's been unhappy ever since around about the Great Slot Machine Hullabaloo. Whatev's

This....makes me look really bad in front of Theron. :o

Lol thought the same but with Marr... although once my char landed on Marr when Revan did that big knockback, guildies got a good laugh over that one, had a joke about me pausing to spoon with Marr while they fought on for a few days afterwards... :D

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I've been unhappy?

Perhaps 'unhappy' isn't the best word. But you are a much different poster than before. (And I am not even going into the accusations of you having once been an apologist ... any such comments on any forum aren't worth the electrons they are written on). Now you are much more ... like the ones you used to argue against before you took your break. And to someone who lurks a lot on these forums, it shows.

Perhaps 'unhappy' isn't the best word. But you are a much different poster than before. (And I am not even going into the accusations of you having once been an apologist ... any such comments on any forum aren't worth the electrons they are written on). Now you are much more ... like the ones you used to argue against before you took your break. And to someone who lurks a lot on these forums, it shows.

That's silly, I haven't changed at all. And as far as unhappiness goes, if I was unhappy I wouldn't have returned.

It's not a difficult fight, it's pretty much impossible to fail...but...

Is it really necessary to spend half the fight on your back or floating in the air due to force choke and knockdowns? I mean it's at least every 10 to 15 seconds he spams one of those attacks.

A quote I often use in MMOs...

Tedium is not difficulty.

Didn't you know, its all heroic for half your powers to not work on a target, for them to freely throw you around, and spam cast powers even when they actually allow you to interrupt them. Being the NPCs plaything is the only true way to feel heroic.

Didn't you know, its all heroic for half your powers to not work on a target, for them to freely throw you around, and spam cast powers even when they actually allow you to interrupt them. Being the NPCs plaything is the only true way to feel heroic.

It's Revan, he's expected to be able to stun you repeatedly with little to no effort because he's Revan.

It's Revan, he's expected to be able to stun you repeatedly with little to no effort because he's Revan.

Actually he's only one half of Revan which should mean that he's weaker then what he would be as a whole being. All the knockdowns, throws, and stuns just seem like the Devs couldn't come up with a good way to do the fight so they just loaded him up with as many of those as they could.

Actually he's only one half of Revan which should mean that he's weaker then what he would be as a whole being. All the knockdowns, throws, and stuns just seem like the Devs couldn't come up with a good way to do the fight so they just loaded him up with as many of those as they could.

But the half you're fighting is his dark side filled with Rage and if anyone knows about the Dark Side is that the angrier you are the more powerful you become in the dark side and it's Powers. So yeah He would still be able to close to everything if he was whole.

But the half you're fighting is his dark side filled with Rage and if anyone knows about the Dark Side is that the angrier you are the more powerful you become in the dark side and it's Powers. So yeah He would still be able to close to everything if he was whole.

Good point the dark side guys always do seem to be more powerful then the light sided guys.

GO SITH!!! :D:p

I had a bit of an epiphany on this.

I'm betting Op and Solo Revan are exactly the same...with the exception of reduced damage/armor/whatever.

So being CC crazy makes a lot more sense when you're talking about a full operation. He takes out a few players at a time and not necessarily all of the PCs with almost every CC shot.

I'm betting Op and Solo Revan are exactly the same...with the exception of reduced damage/armor/whatever.

So being CC crazy makes a lot more sense when you're talking about a full operation. He takes out a few players at a time and not necessarily all of the PCs with almost every CC shot.

Revan in Temple of Sacrafice does the telegraphed knockback and only the maintank shold get hit. He doesn't do the choke though. Otherwise the fight is completely different, and the solo one chronologically comes after the Operation one.

Not sure if that's what you were asking/commenting on though.

Edited by bdatt

They are two different fights in two different settings...

Revan in Temple of Sacrafice does the telegraphed knockback and only the maintank shold get hit. He doesn't do the choke though.

I think he hasn't done TOS and thinks the Revan fight there is the exact same as for the solo quest.

Revan in Temple of Sacrafice does the telegraphed knockback and only the maintank shold get hit. He doesn't do the choke though.

I was just making a guess at why solo is so obnoxious, I've never done the op version of the fight.

Tomorrow, when the weekly resets, I'm going to try the advice of using a tank companion. I used last weeks weekly to gear most of my tank companions (6 characters and rising).

Stuns and knockbacks are a staple of "hard" bosses in MMOs, because there is no such think as artificial intelligence. To make a boss "hard," they have to load it up with "passive" stuff like massive amounts of hit points and/or damage reduction, or they use simple "active" mechanics, like ... stuns and knockbacks. That's obviously not the only "active" mechanic they can use, but it's probably the easiest. I say that because the forums of all 3 MMOs I have played extensively have had complaints about end-game bosses having too much CC and how it's uncreative, boring, etc.

I was just making a guess at why solo is so obnoxious, I've never done the op version of the fight.

Tomorrow, when the weekly resets, I'm going to try the advice of using a tank companion. I used last weeks weekly to gear most of my tank companions (6 characters and rising).

The OP version isn't anything like the solo version. You can always check out a Youtube video or go on Dulfy's site to see the fight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.