Can you please make the Revan weekly a little less obnoxious?

It is only one sample, yes, it has been a while since I did the quest, but what I recall, I was pulling so much more aggro than Marr did (even when dropping it, but I am in 192/198 mixed gear), so I spent a good deal of time Choked or Knocked down.

However, I am in the same boat as LyraineAlei, I do not mind the quest, but I would love to see it more "lively". I think that adding some more mechanics to it would make it more fun, and it wouldn't need to increase the difficulty in any major way.

But, at least thanks to this thread, I learned it can be safely AFKed, good to know when I will be bringing another character through SoR. Also, I do not think that this thread will lead to any changes in the fight itself, but it could show BW that while SOLO option for story is awesome, it should at least try to be fun.

I think if they merge the final battle of TOS with the solo fight, it would provide a longer experience for those who are wanting it in this thread.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bioware should write the story so that the players whine Vitiate to death.

It would make the most sense.

Slightly OT, but I would love the option to talk Vitiate or any of the new "bad guys" into self destructing, I love that option in games that provide it (like Fallouts)

Slightly OT, but I would love the option to talk Vitiate or any of the new "bad guys" into self destructing, I love that option in games that provide it (like Fallouts)

Seconded, that would be hi-la-rious.

Absolutely nothing. I don't find it nearly as tedious as some others seem to be, but I would like it to be more fun.[

I find grouping tedious, so I skip that part. So I forever have the Oricon story sitting on my mission log as a result. *twirls finger*

I get the feeling you're trying to make some kind of point, here.

I have suggested a way that could possibly make the fight less "tedious", and more fun (at least, to me). *shrugs* Apparently it was a stupid idea.

Seems you can go AFK and still get it done. Doesn't get any less "tedious" than that. This is not about "tedium," this is about "I want this quest to hit my personal 'sweet spot'."

Or maybe they could just release an Enemy Within HM, like the Flashpoints. Then you still have your original fight exactly as it is, and then there would be a more interactive fight for others.

I'm sure they could. Do you think there is any realistic chance of them doing so?

Edited by branmakmuffin

I get the feeling you're trying to make some kind of point, here.

Seems you can go AFK and still get it done. Doesn't get any less "tedious" than that. This is not about "tedium," this is about "I want this quest to hit my personal 'sweet spot'."

I'm sure they could. Do you think there is any realistic chance of them doing so?

My earlier point was about skipping the stuff I don't like.

I'm sorry you interpreted the thread's original post to be a whinefest. Obviously, I interpreted it differently.

And right after EA stops making money off of FIFA across the world.

My earlier point was about skipping the stuff I don't like.

So we agree that we skip stuff we don't like? What's the deal with the Oricon thing staying in your quest log, or something like that?

I'm sorry you interpreted the thread's original post to be a whinefest.

That's like saying you're sorry I find liquid water wet. But you're not the OP, so it's nothing to do with you.

Edited by branmakmuffin

So we agree that we skip stuff we don't like? What's the deal with the Oricon thing staying in your quest log, or something like that?

That's like saying you're sorry I find liquid water wet. But you're not the OP, so it's nothing to do with you.

I don't think anyone ever disagreed with you on that. The Oricon bit was my personal example. Obviously I shouldn't post before eating, and then make sure I didn't imagine typing half my point.

Translation of my "I'm sorry" bit: "Agree to Disagree."

I don't think anyone ever disagreed with you on that. The Oricon bit was my personal example

OK, this is a tangent, but why do you have a non-class quest sitting in your log if you are not going to do it (aside from keeping the seeker droid and macrobinocular quests so you have have the equipment to use)? Regarding the Oricon quest line specifically, I never did the Ops and I never will do the Ops, either, and my characters' quest logs have no Oricon quests in them except when I am doing the regular planetary weekly. Am I missing something, here?

Edited by branmakmuffin

OK, this is a tangent, but why do you have a non-class quest sitting in your log if you are not going to do it (aside from keeping the seeker droid and macrobinocular quests so you have have the equipment to use)? Regarding the Oricon quest line specifically, I never did the Ops and I never will do the Ops, either, and my characters' quest logs have no Oricon quests in them except when I am doing the regular planetary weekly. Am I missing something, here?

Do I need to have my log filled with 24 missions? And I might in the future change my mind. The story ends in the OP, and I might go back. Might as well keep it, because nowhere have I gone and picked up 25 missions for a planet.

Edit: The above is off topic and has nothing to do with the Revan Solo Weekly Fight

Edited by LyraineAlei

I've done it just fine on my Merc as Arsenal. Stop being bad and learn to play better, Arsenal is like super easy.

Did you miss the earlier part when this isn't about "easy" vs "hard"? The discussion was not and is not about whether people are having any trouble beating this fight.

Tedium != difficulty.

Stop being lazy, and pay attention to the ongoing discussion. Cogent argument is like super easy. :D

Do I need to have my log filled with 24 missions? And I might in the future change my mind. The story ends in the OP, and I might go back.

And you can always go back and reacquire the quest for the Op if you decide to do it. Just talk to Lord Crazyhair again.

Did you miss the earlier part when this isn't about "easy" vs "hard"? The discussion was not and is not about whether people are having any trouble beating this fight.

Tedium != difficulty.

Stop being lazy, and pay attention to the ongoing discussion. Cogent argument is like super easy. :D

Tedium = Difficulty because as I stated before, if you find something tedious, then you find it hard to struggle thru. If you don't find something tedious then you don't find it hard to struggle thru.

Stop being silly, Max.

Tedium = Difficulty because as I stated before, if you find something tedious, then you find it hard to struggle thru. If you don't find something tedious then you don't find it hard to struggle thru.

I can only guess what they want is some ideal, from their personal viewpoint, Goldilocks quest. But one person's Goldilocks is another's too hot and another's too cold. I and at least one other person commented about a "hard mode" version, but I don't think that's a realistic suggestion.

I bet most players just go in, get it done, get out, get their comms and move on to the next thing without a second thought.

I can only guess what they want is some ideal, from their personal viewpoint, Goldilocks quest. But one person's Goldilocks is another's too hot and another's too cold. I and at least one other person commented about a "hard mode" version, but I don't think that's a realistic suggestion.

I bet most players just go in, get it done, get out, get their comms and move on to the next thing without a second thought.

I know I don't think much of it when I do it. I even start making fun of the random dialogue that get's thrown around when I do it with friends.

Tedium = Difficulty

Wrong.

The easiest task in the world can be tedious, and the hardest task in the world can be engaging and interesting.

Tedious.

Difficult.

Also, tried the suggestion of taking a tank companion, and it's far less tedious. No easier (it really couldn't be), just less tedious.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Perhaps the title should have been "Can you please make Revan less stun happy?"

Because that is the main complaint, that he is so blasted happy stunning us all into not doing anything while the other NPCs beat him into most of a pulp. And evidence shows that those NPCs don't even need the PC for anything more than the bubble challenge.

Maybe throughout the battle, Revan stuns one of the NPCs so we have to get the correct bubble to break said stun, and then has the big bubble-stun for the NPCs that we run around doing that we already have. Add a little more mechanic than "use the one interrupt you have because Revan can't be stunned himself, and then sit through the two other stuns, or just run around rocks".

But what should I expect? This was a rushed expansion so that the PR folks could say "SEE? We gave an expansion in 2014, as we said we would!"

EDIT: This suggestion would still be easily done by the most casual of casuals, because the NPCs don't really need us to fight, and this way, we still can hit him, he can still stun us, but there is more we can do (like a chance to lose NPC help for longer than 5 seconds). And we could even make a challenge out of it by letting Revan stun everyone so we fight him by ourselves.

Edited by LyraineAlei

I don't mind stuns, at least they act as some distraction in that epitome of tedium. But whole six minutes of watching Satele Shan spin next to Darth Marr while your companion whacks at invulnerable Revan gets old really goshdarn fast. And it seems I cannot go AFK for entire duration of fight, because went back once straight into the "Satele incapacitated, Jakarro dead, and hey look, now so are you" situation. Seriously, whoever thought that six minutes of doing absolutely nothing in the middle of a fight is a good idea is heading for a personal corner in hell where there's nothing but infinite freshly painted wall.

Wrong.

The easiest task in the world can be tedious, and the hardest task in the world can be engaging and interesting.

Tedious.

Difficult.

Also, tried the suggestion of taking a tank companion, and it's far less tedious. No easier (it really couldn't be), just less tedious.

They are the same thing because something hard in difficulty will make you feel tired/fatigued afterwords because of how tedious it is. So thank you for helping to prove me right.

On my sin, I was able to successfully block his force choke for a while. When I saw it coming on, if I had force shroud ready to go I could pop that and then it would block his force choke completely.

For whatever reason, this has been removed. I swear it worked though. But I just tried it last week and it doesn't work anymore :(

On my sin, I was able to successfully block his force choke for a while. When I saw it coming on, if I had force shroud ready to go I could pop that and then it would block his force choke completely.

For whatever reason, this has been removed. I swear it worked though. But I just tried it last week and it doesn't work anymore :(

Resilience still works. I know of some attacks that shroud is broken for, would have to look at it, but this could be one of them.

It's not a difficult fight, it's pretty much impossible to fail...but...

Is it really necessary to spend half the fight on your back or floating in the air due to force choke and knockdowns? I mean it's at least every 10 to 15 seconds he spams one of those attacks.

A quote I often use in MMOs...

Tedium is not difficulty.

This....makes me look really bad in front of Theron. :o