What percentage of users will cancel their 1st months sub?

Scan

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said its just my opinion theres no right or wrong its my opinion, its not yours. So stop with the your right you know everything mocking.

Your right, IM sorry. its just beyond grating on my nerves the sheer stupidity of the comments some kids are making.

The way they want stuff released and finished (coding takes time, ever try it?) Youd think they wont be satisfied until every BW employee is chained to a computer, working 24 hour days with one meal every eight hours.

Andim sure we will see spot on team help from the devs AFTER christmas break xD.

Theyve already confirmed a major patch about to be tossed onto the test server, what more do people want?

I'm actually patching the test client now, so I can see this first-hand. Again, I'm here, and I want a Bioware quality game...not just in story, but in enjoyment. However my enthusiasm at the start quickly died down as I began to PvP through the 10-20 range, and now as I get closer to 30 and run the new flashpoints and worlds which seem barren and outright boring I start to get a bit jaded and worried.

And to address the Christmas clause ( see what I did there? ) as an arguement, it was THEIR choice to release at this point. They could not expect a perfect launch, no matter how much they hoped, so they had to assume there would be patches and fixes that were needed going into the holidays / first days of release.

ESPECIALLY given that the release client was the same as the beta client. I can't tell you how many times I facepalmed over that one.

But regardless, I see the number of people jumping ship only increasing the further into it we go if Bioware doesn't start talking about things we want. Endgame planets, content, and faction vendors? Yeah, screw that...give me graphic and gameplay fixes, a customizable UI, and maybe some chairs to sit in that don't require me to be in my ship.

Even a list of priorities would be a big welcome at this point.

If we get no response my wed/thurs than come back. Even Bioware gets to relax during Christmas right?

Yep, they sure deserve it after releasing a half baked game and leaving those poor fools who bought it to see what they can do with it over the holidays.

This right here is a pretty good statement.

If all of the people who come on here claiming that the game is broken, or that the game needs some mechanic, or that they are leaving really hated this game THAT much, they would not be here talking about the game. They would just be gone. Also, as other people have stated all over the forums (including myself), the game just came out the 20th. Give the developers some time to actually do things to the game, especially considering it is the holdiays right now.

P.S. Those of you who are doing nothing but complaining and stating you are leaving if Bioware doesn't give you your way, you willl not be missed.

Dont think anyone is acting like that.

Dont think you understand the concept of if it dont fit and they cant make it fit then dont play it has nothing to do with what you just said.

Would you wear a pair of pants that you thought were ugly and pay for them? Probably not.

We got a free month thats why many are posting here about issues. Because they want to like the game and to enjoy but for whatever reason they are not and they are trying to inform BW why they are not enjoying it and what would make it better for them.

Yet for some reason when anyone does this people that love the game feel the urge to flame them call them immature, tell them to quit, go back to wow, etc etc.

I am sorry im a paying customer not enjoying certain aspects and am voicing my opinions on what would make it better. It is not your place to flame me or anyone else for doing such. And it doesn't make us whiners or i want it now gimme or a quit people either.

Swtor is a product that you pay for monthly, so we can say what we think is wrong with the game make suggestions and hope they find some middle ground and give us something that makes it better. So we can also enjoy the game.

Your right, IM sorry. its just beyond grating on my nerves the sheer stupidity of the comments some kids are making.

The way they want stuff released and finished (coding takes time, ever try it?) Youd think they wont be satisfied until every BW employee is chained to a computer, working 24 hour days with one meal every eight hours.

No, i know what you mean my server is the same way I just shut off chat. Its making me sick the crap thats going on in chat with the flaming, wow wars and such.

I have my issues with the game id like to see fixed but I still enjoy it and dont want to sit and read negative crap the whole time im logged in. Just makes it worse.

And ya I code in python it takes a very long time, especially when you add code to an already large code base. Its very likely to bug out some other piece of code that then needs to be hunted down and fixed.... very long process indeed. Code, debug, code, debug, test find errors bugs/ recode debug some more lol.

Dont think anyone is acting like that.

Dont think you understand the concept of if it dont fit and they cant make it fit then dont play it has nothing to do with what you just said.

Would you wear a pair of pants that you thought were ugly and pay for them? Probably not.

We got a free month thats why many are posting here about issues. Because they want to like the game and to enjoy but for whatever reason they are not and they are trying to inform BW why they are not enjoying it and what would make it better for them.

Yet for some reason when anyone does this people that love the game feel the urge to flame them call them immature, tell them to quit, go back to wow, etc etc.

I am sorry im a paying customer not enjoying certain aspects and am voicing my opinions on what would make it better. It is not your place to flame me or anyone else for doing such. And it doesn't make us whiners or i want it now gimme or a quit people either.

Swtor is a product that you pay for monthly, so we can say what we think is wrong with the game make suggestions and hope they find some middle ground and give us something that makes it better. So we can also enjoy the game.

It IS a product you pay montly for, but why are most of these people coming here and paying monthly for SWTOR when everything they are asking for is already in other MMOs. If they really, truely want that in their MMO, go back to that MMO where they know 100% it will be there for them to use. There is no reason to come into a completely new game expecting it to be exactly like the game's competitors. This game is SWTOR and SWTOR it should stay. They should not copy-paste things other people use simply because people want it in THIS MMO.

People keep comparing it to WoW, both WoW launch and current, but I don't think that's fair. That's why I compare it to RIFT. RIFT had a stellar launch, and when there was problems their team took care of it ASAP, which usually meant that / next day. They also communicated with their players, let them know what was incoming, how they were addressing problems, ect. THAT is how I expect a AAA MMORPG in this day and age to be done.

I have played Rift since like a month after it came out until like three days ago. I have 2 toons that are fully R8 PvP geared, so I consider myself a vet of the game. Your assertion that Rift communicates with its players is funny because the Rift forums are FULL of people asking for dev responses and then complaining that the devs never answer the forums (btw, those people are right -- the devs VERY rarely answer the forums). When the rogue changes hit in 1.5, there were numerous posters making threads entitled "Please devs, answer our concerns about the rogue changes." Not one peep from the devs.

That said, Rift is an OK game, but it has some major problems. For one, it is BORING at lvl 50. Unless you are a hardcore PvP'er, like me, you will be dissatisfied. Yeah you have Hammerknell and other end game raiding content, but raiding is boring to me unless I feel a sense of connection with the game. I never felt immersed in Rift whatsoever. The only reason I hung around as long as I did is because of PvP.

And even the PvP has major problems. For one, every patch, Trion will overbuff a class and make it God like. In 1.5 it was rogues. In 1.6 it was (and still is) mages. Before that it was warriors (para-champs) roflstomping everyone in 2 GCD's. Then warriors got nerfed into oblivion and are trash now. It is probably one of the most unbalanced games, PVP wise, ever. However, for some odd reason, I tolerated it and even enjoyed the PvP. I looked at each FoTM class as a challenge and tried to find weaknesses. I did OK against the god-like mages after 1.6 hit. I was still usually top damage and KB's each WF.

I must say, going from Rift PvP to SWTOR warzones was kinda a shock. In SWTOR, it seems everyone has 12k health and take forever to kill. In Rift, I could have the absolute best PvP gear available and still get 3 shot by pyro mages or stormcallers.

The things BW could learn from Trion are small. If they would copy Rift's UI, I would be happy. If they would copy some of the ideas PVP wise, I would be happy. For instance, lets stop this bolstering business and just bracket the warzones. Surely SWTOR has the subscriber base to make queue times fast regardless. If one server isn't enough, then do what Rift does and put 5 servers in the same "battle group." So you would queue against people on 4 other servers. It's just little things like that that BW needs to seriously consider. That and fixing the bugs that are still lingering from BETA.

It IS a product you pay montly for, but why are most of these people coming here and paying monthly for SWTOR when everything they are asking for is already in other MMOs. If they really, truely want that in their MMO, go back to that MMO where they know 100% it will be there for them to use. There is no reason to come into a completely new game expecting it to be exactly like the game's competitors. This game is SWTOR and SWTOR it should stay. They should not copy-paste things other people use simply because people want it in THIS MMO.

Because they dont like the other mmo?

A feature does not make the MMO its just a feature a tool.... its not the mmo. And just because a certain mmo has it doesn't mean if swtor had it it would be the same or have issues.

For example people have issues with groups on some servers getting them is hard and time consuming.

Feature request is a tool to help them form a group because they cannot get one. Be it a LFD tool or a global channel they are requesting someting to help them get groups to experience the game in full and socialize with other people on their server via grouped fp's or op's. yet these people get flamed for wanting to be able to do the content and suggesting something that would fix that. Do you think its right to do that? Say you were in that person position your on a server where you go to fleet for example and theres only 30 people there.... theres no chat at all, you put up a LFG... your the only person to speak in the past 30 minutes. Would you not be upset that you cant go to one of the main hubs for grouped content and get a group? What if you bought swtor for grouped content fp's and ops and experiencing those things over the story line? Im just saying people are having some real legit issues and just because they use another MMO as an example for something that could help does not make it a bad idea nor does it give anyone the right to tell them they are wrong or to quit.

You say swtor is swtor I agree.... and people suggesting features from other mmo's does not mean anything at all. Do you think the swtor devs are going to just be like okay they want xxx feature from this mmo lets sit down and copy every aspect of that for them..... no of course not they are gonna keep swtor swtor and do it their way so that it doesn't make the other players mad or break the game for them.

Im guessing 30%

Now unless they address all the bugs and concerns the community is screaming out for what percentage will unsub in the next month?

Im guessing 60%

This would be an unmitigated disaster for a game costing millions. Are we just bored of the WoW/Rift type gameplay? Do we need freeform space combat / a new approach to fighting/questing? The Vo is nice but if you make the mistake of enabling subtitles like I did you read it then skip it.

Giving the masses something to get excited about like "Upcoming operations including 20 man raids in space! Freeform space combat that will see you taking down a deathstar!" or "Guildship vs Guildship combat! Take on the opposing factions best with the ability to attack and hold key areas in realtime game!" or even just a solid commitment to working on things like UI customization, getting rid of 100 man zone limit, LFG server only tool, queues (although I think this has been addressed, WELL DONE!) and a few other must fix issues.

Ultimately the game is what I expected, although I wanted so much more, especially from BW.

My guess is alot less. The major % of the players dont get on this forum. The people on here is a very small %. I feel 10 % or less will cancel.

I won't be returning after my free 30 days until some things get sorted.

Some real basic things are missing from the game. Chat is just filled with people LFG as the current system is useless, aggro table, macros, where is the targets target? etc etc

Shame the essential stuff is missing yet thousands of hours of gone into quest givers you space bar through as it gets tedious after the novelty wears off.

Hope they do sort things as this COULD be great, if i was reviewing the game in its current state i wouldn't give it over 50%. Feels more of a BETA than a finished game, appreciate things will be added along the way in patches but things do not bold well when the basic stuff is not in the launch.

Some real basic things are missing from the game. Chat is just filled with people LFG as the current system is useless, aggro table, macros, where is the targets target? etc etc

Shame the essential stuff is missing yet thousands of hours of gone into quest givers you space bar through as it gets tedious after the novelty wears off.

Hope they do sort things as this COULD be great, if i was reviewing the game in its current state i wouldn't give it over 50%. Feels more of a BETA than a finished game, appreciate things will be added along the way in patches but things do not bold well when the basic stuff is not in the launch.

Theres a major patch being tested for the test server I believe.

At the very least hear from that before you make your decision. Also, 50%, really? The game runs just fine, no constant crashes/emergency takedowns like most launches. THat alone sets it far above MOST mmo's when they launch.

LFG tool is not essential, aggro table? Targets target? These do not a good game make. If that's all it takes you to quit a game? Get the hell out of here.

I'd also like to say that I believe the MMO is a dying genre that will cease to exist in a few years outside of already existing titles. People are sick of WoW clones but unique snowflake MMO's do even WORSE than the WoW clones (DCUO and Champions did very poorly). I don't think people are just sick of "WoW". I think the entire genre was a novelty that very few truly liked.

Hard to give a percentage, but freshers jump around game to game and really have no long term effect as they are there for the first few weeks or months do the content then leave and pine for long lost MMOs

lol brilliant just... brilliant"!