Tanks, guard and heal a little too dominant in 8X8 WZs

Cretinus

Lowering the percentage of damage that gets re-directed through guard would make tanks useless in ranked. This is strictly a L2P issue. 2 coordinated, skilled dps will be able to kill a pug tank and healer just as easily as a tank and healer in mumble will be able to delay against 4 bad dps indefinitely.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is correct. Guard is way overpowered for random warzones since it can only be countered by itself. A more sensible number would be 20% damage transference. This is still very significant but is not completely unbreakable.

The demands of arena play are different, since there are no nodes to be guarded or gained. Also, in ranked, teams can mirror each other so OP abilities can be stacked on both sides.

Funny I don't think guard is overpowered at all. Being long time player in the game that invented the whole guard mechanic its kinda weak here. In Warhammer the guard damage rolled against defense checks so a tank with 70% block would take no damage. Toss in healer detaunts , tank taunts and you would never kill a guarded warrior priest/DOK. Unless you knew how to separate the tank from healer. On side note a Guarded and focused healed slayer was a sight to behold. Edited by Kinsal

Guys, the OP has pretty much answered his own question in his opening statement and furthermore explicated his insights in the rest of his post . so why not give it a rest, hope that with time and game play, this one will be graced as well . . .

Funny I don't think guard is overpowered at all. Being long time player in the game that invented the whole guard mechanic its kinda weak here. In Warhammer the guard damage rolled against defense checks so a tank with 70% block would take no damage. Toss in healer detaunts , tank taunts and you would never kill a guarded warrior priest/DOK. Unless you knew how to separate the tank from healer. On side note a Guarded and focused healed slayer was a sight to behold.

... And War hammer failed spectacularly. I wonder why?

Two DPS can't take out a skilled tank heal pair, not without some support from a third class (stuns, a little more AOE damage, etc). More often than not, two good teams in a ranked match with a tank and healer each will just go to acid. If you were right on this that would almost never happen right?

You're wrong on this one, guard is overpowered in PVP, only the tanks and healers disagree. We need a PVP trauma debuff on guard damage transfer. Only bad tanks will be 'useless' because the good ones will be busy making up the difference with taunts, positioning, guard swapping, stuns, and defensive cool downs like riot gas and intercede.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Funny I don't think guard is overpowered at all. Being long time player in the game that invented the whole guard mechanic its kinda weak here. In Warhammer the guard damage rolled against defense checks so a tank with 70% block would take no damage. Toss in healer detaunts , tank taunts and you would never kill a guarded warrior priest/DOK. Unless you knew how to separate the tank from healer. On side note a Guarded and focused healed slayer was a sight to behold.

Exactly. Tanks here are incredibly weak in terms of self resilience and granted resilience.

... And War hammer failed spectacularly. I wonder why?

Not because of tanks.

AoE over-efficience ? Maybe. Boredom and lack of content ? Maybe. Exploitable bugs ? Maybe.

But tanks ? No way.

I play a fully 174 geared healer (augmented of course), with the best anodyne stim on the market for the main attribute buffs and all I can say is, I dream of having a tank guard in war zones. But in most war zones, there is no tank and I am lucky if there is a 2nd healer otherwise, it is just me trying to heal the team without a tank guard and if the other team focuses me, they can shut me down in no time flat between the chain stuns, harpoons, roots, mezzes, etc. Sure, I can self heal if focused but usually I am stunned and interrupted into oblivion. I can run away but they can insta-stop me so my ability to kite is hampered. So unless a tank is around, us healers have a really hard time staying alive if the other team takes notice of us healers.