Very Unique Location in Alde Civil War that makes snipers pretty much un-stoppable.

Kaos_KidSWTOR

Get your team sniper/slinger to throw a diversion up there. Sorted. Sniper are only CC immune when entrench is up btw, which has a max 23 sec time limit and a minimum 45 sec cooldown, plenty of time for someone to kill the sniper. Edited by Ubikface

Get your team sniper/slinger to throw a diversion up there. Sorted. Sniper are only CC immune when entrench is up btw, which has a max 23 sec time limit and a minimum 45 sec cooldown, plenty of time for someone to kill the sniper.

What about when your team has no sniper/GS? HMM? Yea... that part of the map needs to be un-accessable to all classes. If a Sorc/Sage had the ability to hunker down there, that cap point would be 100% locked down.

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

Sniper are only CC immune when entrench is up btw, which has a max 23 sec time limit and a minimum 45 sec cooldown, plenty of time for someone to kill the sniper.

That's 22 seconds where the sniper can be pulled, leapt to or otherwise CCed. Just look for when the sniper doesn't have the extra top and sides on their cover shield.

ie. when these (http://prntscr.com/7m6vbv) are gone, pretty sure there's a buff icon when entrench is active as well.

Edited by Ubikface

That's 22 seconds where the sniper can be pulled, leapt to or otherwise CCed. Just look for when the sniper doesn't have the extra top and sides on their cover shield.

Erm, You obviously don't play Sniper/GS...

The Hold Position passive that gives them the basic Cover Shield is what grants them the immunity to Pulls and Leaps. Entrench grants them 23s of 100% CC immunity. Also, they kill even TANKS before they can get to the other side, because it's a tag-team of 2 Snipers that are "abusing" that section of the map.

Nice try trolling. 2/10 tho only :p

(Yes Double Post)

How Am I trolling? I'm posting a legitimate picture, with legitimate problems. Yes, my toon was a Fresh 60. But, Even if I was on my fully PvP geared Marauder facing them, i'd get to the other side, and get instantly melted alive by the MM Sniper and the Engi Sniper that are tag-team camping that area. It's pretty much an area-lockout that can't be stopped. Either Nerf Snipers, or remove that piece of metal jutting out of the crashed ship part. Either would work.

What I mean is, reduce the effectiveness of Hold Position in PvP.

Yeah, lol, whcih will make snipers in arenas even more useless.

Basically, if he is camping grass, don't GO to grass.

Go snow.

You can stealth past him, or you can just go underneath mid...and come to the node.

THis way, he will have to leave that place to stop cap.

That spot is more than 60m away, from the node.

Yeah, lol, whcih will make snipers in arenas even more useless.

Basically, if he is camping grass, don't GO to grass.

Go snow.

You can stealth past him, or you can just go underneath mid...and come to the node.

THis way, he will have to leave that place to stop cap.

That spot is more than 60m away, from the node.

He can use the broken as **** roll physics or lack there of to roll pretty much 30m from that spot, making the whole more than "60m from node" a null factor.

Can't stealth past when YOUR TEAM HAS NO STEALTHERS... And, he can still hit you from where you come out of the mid underneath section... It's literally the spot where you can hit anywhere except your own team's spawn area, and the area near there. It's foolproof CoD esque camping at it's finest. And should be removed.

It's easy. Go around him. Or wait for Entrench to go away and use a push or knockback. If you're a vanguard, wait out his entrench, hit HTL, stun him to knock him out of cover, and then do a good ole jump and pull to take him out of his spot. It's not that hard to counter if you use your brain. Edited by Arehonn

Your team is bad If they can't kill a sniper or two.

And FFS turn the game settings up a tad, perhaps surprising to some, lowering them doesn't really help with performance so you just end up with a game that looks awful.

You are right on most LOD settings, but shadows ARE a huge hit on performance and that's where people see a pick up in frames when they lower their settings overall. If you are on medium or high settings, just turn shadows off or down respectively will result in nearly the performance increase as if you turned the settings to low or medium respectively.

You are right on most LOD settings, but shadows ARE a huge hit on performance and that's where people see a pick up in frames when they lower their settings overall. If you are on medium or high settings, just turn shadows off or down respectively will result in nearly the performance increase as if you turned the settings to low or medium respectively.

I was right about everything since I never specifically mentioned shadows therefore I can't be wrong about them :p I considered making a note in that post but I figured everyone already knew shadows kill performance, actually really one of the only settings that makes a difference.

Edited by Romeugues

Your team is bad If they can't kill a sniper or two.

And FFS turn the game settings up a tad, perhaps surprising to some, lowering them doesn't really help with performance so you just end up with a game that looks awful.

I barely run 30 FPS in combat in a Warzone on minimum. All i need to fix that is a new GPU (Running a GTX 560)

It's not the team's fault that those 2 Snipers are pretty much un-stoppable in that position. We had 3 Guardians try to get to them, but they duo'd 3 Guardians at the same time.

I barely run 30 FPS in combat in a Warzone on minimum. All i need to fix that is a new GPU (Running a GTX 560)

It's not the team's fault that those 2 Snipers are pretty much un-stoppable in that position. We had 3 Guardians try to get to them, but they duo'd 3 Guardians at the same time.

I too run around 30 fps in warzones due to having a quadcore cpu from 2009 which never gets loaded more than 50%.

The only settings that have any effect on my FPS is shadows and bloom and most of the time bloom is hardly a fps drop. I've gone from the game maxed out (with no shadows) to min with no different in framerate, massive cpu limitation even at 1440P.

Why would a guardian be able to get to them? They can't leap to them unless they're out of cover. The correct thing to do is to get a sorc/sage (basically a class with 35M range) or a gunslinger(pop them out of cover) and burst them down, they don't do well when focused.

Edited by Romeugues