The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Favorite Underrated Character

Strive-US

Revan of course :rolleyes:

But I guess Grievous, he's actually pretty underrated I'd say given how bad the "canon" Clone Wars show makes him seem whenever he was in an episode he was always portrayed as weak, they made him fight Obi-Wan a lot as well who was never a fair match, at least not in that show. Honestly it's what I hated the most about TCW was the terrible portrayal of Grievous. Though they always praised his off screen accomplishments just never showed him succeed which was stupid.

Underrated as people think (s)he is less powerful than (s)he actually is? Or less known than (s)he would deserve?

Not following the threads' instructions regarding his/her preferred status:

the Jedi Exile from SW:KotOR2;TSL is much underrated compared to Revan[/b and other SW heroes]; however she/he is a person of highest tragic -and therefore- artistic significance and her/his story forms the best basis for the presentation (if not the analysis) of the contradictions and limitations of the Jedi Order of that time!

The point is that there is neither SW:KotOR exact (artistic) description regarding the motivations of every member of the Jedi Leadership (including not only the members of the Jedi Council but also the most infuential Jedi of that era) during the start of the Mandalorian Wars nor any SW description regarding the basis of the formation of their way of thinking... and the best substitute is Jedi Master Gnost Dural's work, his very journals!...

Thus my complete answer is: the Jedi Exile :hope_06: and Jedi Master :csw_bluesaber: Gnost Dural...

Jedi Master Gnost Dural for sure, that is; how came and the Jedi Council assigned this very Jedi Master with such a fundamental, critical and hard task? What is known about his background and his achievements? Was it an assignment by accident or what?

Edited by cunctatorg

Darth Gean.

Badazz female twi'lek cyborg Sith lord who lived a few centuries before Sidious. She killed her master for being too light sided, and as a result was severely injured and needed cybernetics.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

• 3 weeks later...

Tai Cordan.

I mean, I guess he has a decently-sized role in the Consular story, but that's the thing, it's only one story.

Also I am totally biased; there's nothing particularly spectacular about the character, I'm just crazy about his voice. The first time I heard him speak I went "OMG I LOVE THIS VOICE SO HARD WHO IS THIS?!?", I looked him up, and it was Cam Clarke! And I felt *abjectly stupid* for not recognizing that fact immediately!

For anyone like me who has played Tales of Symphonia and loved Kratos hardcore, you gotta role a Consular. :)

Part of me wants to say Quinlan Vos, since he's kinda fallen into obscurity. He was very popular back before RotS was a thing, and he was one of the primary characters of the Republic comics.

Same kinda goes for Corran Horn. He was a major character in the X-Wing books, as well as NJO, but was pushed into the background after that in favor of the post-RotJ books focusing almost exclusively on the Solos and Skywalkers. I always wanted to see more of Corran and the adventures of him, Mirax, and their kids.

Also, Gilad Pellaeon. He made me love the Empire. Or, at least, the Imperial Remnant.

Part of me wants to say Quinlan Vos, since he's kinda fallen into obscurity. He was very popular back before RotS was a thing, and he was one of the primary characters of the Republic comics.

Not a chance anymore, really. Hard to underrate a character who trounced Dooku in the latest Canon novel...

Not a chance anymore, really. Hard to underrate a character who trounced Dooku in the latest Canon novel...

Ugh, really? He's good, but I wouldn't say "Dooku-trouncing" good. I saw the thread criticizing the novel, but I haven't read it myself.

Do characters from novels count? In that case I'd say Aryn Leneer and Zeerid Korr from the book "Deceived" but I've been reading "A New Dawn" and I think Skelly is my new favorite, a clone wars veteran explosives expert that's kind of missing a few wheels but is a pretty good and friendly character.