Change Forum Time Zone

btmart

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Forum Managment->Update your profile->Type in your location. I'm in LA, I put in Los Angeles, CA and it automagically set the right time.

Because everyone wants to publicly advertise where they live on the internet just to have the time zone be accurate...

Because everyone wants to publicly advertise where they live on the internet just to have the time zone be accurate...

Wholeheartedly agree with Mazalyn here (assuming my sarcasm detector is also accurate), but it happens to be an superfluous objection because it doesn't even solve the problem. I tried inputting "Los Angeles, CA" and saving it to see what would appear. Nothing changed. Every post is stamped with what would appear to be GMT.

• 3 weeks later...
A fix for this is to edit something on your forum account, like you signature, thread subscriptions, forum options, etc. It took me a while to figure it out but once you do that you'lll be golden.

I tried that, changed my signature and the time is still off by 6 hours. I'm on Eastern US time and at 3:43 pm for me the forum reads this post as being logged at 9:44 pm. :rolleyes:

I tried that, changed my signature and the time is still off by 6 hours. I'm on Eastern US time and at 3:43 pm for me the forum reads this post as being logged at 9:44 pm. :rolleyes:

Hmm odd. When I edited a certain forum option in the forum management page right after I saved it, I got another screen that quickly loaded saying something like "updating Daylight Savings Time".

Yet it worked for the OP?

At the time, it worked. I'm now revisiting this thread because I'm an hour off and would like to correct it. The solution submitted when I created this thread is no longer available.

Edit:

Posted this thread in Bug Reports if any of you care to chime in:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=870740

Edited by btmart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I still can't get it to work.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong : (

Hmm that is weird... maybe it doesn't recognize your city? If you are in a small town, try using a more well known city, like for example if you are in Waukegan, Illinois (small suburb that might not be recognized) then put in Chicago, Illinois (big famous nearby city that definitely should be)

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Well, on the bright side, if it's always 19 hours off, it's easy to do the math, IF you really need to know the time. :cool:

(mine says this post was at 2:42 PM, but it's actually 10:42 AM, but I can't say that I care. :) )

Edited by JediQuaker

• 11 months later...

Okay, I remember it used to work.... Here's seeing if it broke again...

EDIT: Nope, still works. Like I said above, try putting your city as a more well known city near you. Like Chicago, or Kansas City or Los Angeles or whatever. Just to get yourself in the right time zone.

Whey they can't just bring back the damn time zone setting though... seriously.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

I live in Kansas City, had to pick something else because it wouldn't work. Let me see what I have

I currently have Kansas City, Missouri but it's an hour late. Maybe something isn't set for daylight savings, or set wrong.

Edited by Airehn