Change Forum Time Zone

btmart

I live in Kansas City, had to pick something else because it wouldn't work. Let me see what I have

I currently have Kansas City, Missouri but it's an hour late. Maybe something isn't set for daylight savings, or set wrong.

That is strange.. Try Chicago?

But yeah, this shouldn't be such a pain.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it at least work for EDT / EST or PDT / PST?
No. Forum time settings have been messed up for years (as you can see from the many very old posts in this thread). It used to be correct for me, but since they took time zone settings out of the forum settings, it is permanently on PST for me (so showing an hour behind, now that we are in Daylight Savings Time).

IOW, I posted this at 5:14PM PDT, but the forum shows it as posted at 4:14PM.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so I'm in CDT, my time says it's 1:50pm May 30, 2017. But I'm seeing posts that say 6:34pm May 30, 2017... PST is earlier, not later than my time zone. What's going on? Is the time zone on the forums no longer PST?

Ok, so I'm in CDT, my time says it's 1:50pm May 30, 2017. But I'm seeing posts that say 6:34pm May 30, 2017... PST is earlier, not later than my time zone. What's going on? Is the time zone on the forums no longer PST?

Not sure whats going on apparently my timezone is messed up too as im seeing times different then my own and they used to be EST :(

Not sure whats going on apparently my timezone is messed up too as im seeing times different then my own and they used to be EST :(

Try changing your location under Forum Management in your account to another city on the East Coast.

I had mine at New York, NY for the longest time, and I was an hour behind, changed it to Brooklyn, NY and it gave me the right time.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Yeah, the location thing doesn't work. I live near Boston, MA, and it's still 5 hours off.

Is something like this really that difficult to fix?

No, it's not. Every web forum for the past 20 years has had time zone code. I've written and set up numerous web sites that handled time zones. It's a well known, plug and play chunk of code. It is beyond ridiculous that this has been broken on this site for years. Absolutely absurd.

No, it's not. Every web forum for the past 20 years has had time zone code. I've written and set up numerous web sites that handled time zones. It's a well known, plug and play chunk of code. It is beyond ridiculous that this has been broken on this site for years. Absolutely absurd.

Yeah I'm trying to keep abreast of info on the patch and the time zone effery is just screwing my brain.