Maintenance in 15 minutes folks!

read the def. of exploit! and if this is in there opinion an EXPLOIT then what do you call players timing chests to grab the loot all day long!!

If you can't tell the difference between looting chests all day with a respawn timer of a quarter of an hour and a pay out of 10k credits per chest and the chair exploit then anything I say to you will fall on deaf ears.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be fair I don't need any background knowledge to believe that. The sales price is a constant number, which therefore would be stored in some database entry. Of course we don't know what database system this game runs on or what kind of structure they have so it's impossible to know for sure, but in general, yes, this must be one of the least complex fixes you can imagine for a game like this.

Sure maybe it is but like you said we don't know the type of database they use so making an assumption based on something you don't have knowledge really discredits your argument.

Sure maybe it is but like you said we don't know the type of database they use so making an assumption based on something you don't have knowledge really discredits your argument.

Databases are not difficult - no matter which "one" you're using.

It will almost certainly be "SQL" of some description and it doesn't matter how complex it is - searching for the one single item in that database (the temple chair) is not going to be difficult. That object will in turn have a relationship with a price value. Change price value from 100 credits to NoSell and job done.

No database, however complicated is going to be that difficult to make that change - posters assumption is not going to be far wide of the mark. You don't need a coding degree to "monkey around" with database values.

Edited by Stoofa

If you can't tell the difference between looting chests all day with a respawn timer of a quarter of an hour and a pay out of 10k credits per chest and the chair exploit then anything I say to you will fall on deaf ears.

The person you were replying to may very well have done the chair exploit and is now engaging in the usual behavior people do when caught doing something wrong and they can't lie their way out of it: "Oh, yeah, well, those other people are doing doing something just as bad as or worse than what I did, and since you can't punish everyone for every little transgression, you can't punish me for this!"

Databases are not difficult - no matter which "one" you're using.

It'will be "SQL" of some description and it doesn't matter how complex it is - searching for the one single item in that database (the temple chair) is not going to be difficult. That object will in turn have a relationship with a price value. Change price value from 100 credits to NoSell and job done.

No database, however complicated is going to be that difficult to make that change - posters assumption is not going to be far wide of the mark. You don't need a coding degree to "monkey around" with database values.

Oh now you are assuming all that needed to be done was change a value. Which turns out was not the fix. Not only was that not the fix but after they fixed they had to test it, had to make sure it didn't change anything else I mean you guys get so distraught when they make a mistake and act like its never happened in a video game before but this game.

Oh now you are assuming all that needed to be done was change a value. Which turns out was not the fix. Not only was that not the fix but after they fixed they had to test it, had to make sure it didn't change anything else I mean you guys get so distraught when they make a mistake and act like its never happened in a video game before but this game.

I can't tell if you are just being oppositional at this point or you are just obtuse.

The sell value of the chair is a cell in a database somewhere. It merely required changing. That is an easy fix.

your an idiot the statement still stands the question here isn't the pay out or the 30 min timer( not 15) ITS THE ACTION involved in the exploit.. whether your buying a chair that is accessible to all and reselling it for a profit (mind you a large profit) or logging in every 30 min and taking chest it is the same.. one you are supposedly selling back for the wrong price the other is taking advantage of knowing the time on the chest that others wont know. either one can be considered an exploit because they are not being done as a random act but as a planned out one.:eek:

Edited by CaineSoto

I can't tell if you are just being oppositional at this point or you are just obtuse.

The sell value of the chair is a cell in a database somewhere. It merely required changing. That is an easy fix.

Really just change the value that's "somewhere" and it's fixed. No need to upload the change to their inhouse test server and test it? No need to upload it to the live sever ? Just change this value that's somewhere hmm?

The person you were replying to may very well have done the chair exploit and is now engaging in the usual behavior people do when caught doing something wrong and they can't lie their way out of it: "Oh, yeah, well, those other people are doing doing something just as bad as or worse than what I did, and since you can't punish everyone for every little transgression, you can't punish me for this!"

your even a bigger fool than the guy you quoted

1) I have NEVER exploited anything

2) if you looked at my org. post I didn't even know that the chairs could stack in 99's hence I couldn't see the big ta-do with this nonsense.

3) as for the chests I RARLY saw or got a chest on makeb (until they lowered the chests money). I rarely see a chest on oricon, and I HAVE NEVER seen a chest on yavin and yet these are items for everyone supposedly .and you see nothing wrong with a group or groups of credit farmers EXPOITEING the timers and making millions of credits that way. weres the difference. and if you don't think thats how they make there cash your a fool

4) and since your so good at looking in a crystal ball and telling the character of a person ill take a que from you, YOUR probably the type of HYPOCRIT that smokes dope and would tell your kid not too

Edited by CaineSoto

Again with the "it's not our fault if you don't warn us"?

Seriously, if you can't figure out that there might be something wrong if you're buying something for 1 cr and selling it back for 100 cr, then you have a problem.

They don't get that it wasn't about the "99 credits". It's that, in the history of gaming economics, you've NEVER been able to sell back an item for more than you paid for it.

It's also the not-so-small matter of "buy stack of 99, sell back, repeat ad infinitum" that was creating credits out of thin air.

Edited by Lewintelamon

exploitation

[ek-sploi-tey-shuh n]

Spell Syllables

Examples Word Origin

noun

use or utilization, especially for profit:

the exploitation of newly discovered oil fields.

selfish utilization:

He got ahead through the exploitation of his friends.

the combined, often varied, use of public-relations and advertising techniques to promote a person, movie, product, etc.

saying Exploit is a short hand.

They don't get that it wasn't about the "99 credits". It's that, in the history of gaming economics, you've NEVER been able to sell back an item for more than you paid for it.

It's also the not-so-small matter of "buy stack of 99, sell back, repeat ad infinitum" that was creating credits out of thin air.

Now to clarify you are talking about buying and selling to a vendor. Because a lot of people play the AH/GTN in mmos where they buy items off the market and turn around and sell them for more.

So you comment about NEVER in the history...isn't completely accurate.

On a side note in the Witcher 3 you were able to buy shells from one vendor walk around the corner and sell it back to another vendor for a massive profits.

Edited by tdmaha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.