SWTOR and Episode 7 tie-in...any news?

Suromir

...or did I miss it.

I seem to recall them saying there was going to be some "tie in" with the Episode VII and SWTOR...am I remembering wrong or is this still the case? and if so did they already announce it?

I ask because I'm wondering if KotFE is what is going to have that "tie in" (if it was true and/or wasn't already stated)

Maybe this Valkorion (sp) has something to do with it? or this Zakuul or remnants of this "empire" has something to do with the sith in EP7

We're likely to not get any specifics until much closer to the release of the movie to prevent spoilers. Since SWTOR takes place in the distant past of the movie, and isn't official cannon, I doubt too much of a story tie in, but they might offer some gear/mounts/decorations very similar to what we might see in the movies, and there might also be some cross promotional advertising.

...or did I miss it.

I seem to recall them saying there was going to be some "tie in" with the Episode VII and SWTOR...am I remembering wrong or is this still the case? and if so did they already announce it?

I ask because I'm wondering if KotFE is what is going to have that "tie in" (if it was true and/or wasn't already stated)

Maybe this Valkorion (sp) has something to do with it? or this Zakuul or remnants of this "empire" has something to do with the sith in EP7

They never actually said anything, but the tie-ins are already there. Vitiate is the villain of the new movies, and there are lots of look-alike items on the cartel market.

I read somewhere that JJ Abrams watched the trailer, but that was it.

He probably went "meh" and won't care if he breaks BioWare canon.

that's not what I'm talking about. I swore I read Bio say they'd have an EP7 tie-in and it sounded like it was going to be more than just some CM item.

SWTOR is part of legends. I don't care if new SW "breaks" SWTOR "canon" that wasn't my point in asking nor does it have anything to do with the question.

I guess my question is, and someone please help me understand, why should there be any tie in between two completely different time periods that have absolutely nothing to do with one another?

There's no tie-in other than the big STAR WARS in the titles... And frankly, there doesn't need to be.

People are already flocking to this game. I made over 13.000 CC from friend referrals just yesterday! That's at least 22 people that signed up for subscription after using my referral link.

And it fits in with the timeline of E3, which was the 16th-18th of June, whoever clicked the link got 7 days free sub and yesterday or thereabouts, that free time ran out and at least 22 of them subscribed.

People play it because it says STAR WARS, not because characters from the movies are in the game. (that was one of the things I disliked most about SWG. It just felt clunky and forced.)

that's not what I'm talking about. I swore I read Bio say they'd have an EP7 tie-in and it sounded like it was going to be more than just some CM item.

SWTOR is part of legends. I don't care if new SW "breaks" SWTOR "canon" that wasn't my point in asking nor does it have anything to do with the question.

I have already stated that Bioware will not break canon in SWTOR. Nor will they hand-wave canon-breaking decisions by having a "canon" version of your character and his/her choices, at least while the game is still around, which is another 6 1/2 years. Bioware has the whole plot of the new movies, and have designed the last couple story updates around that. There will be no time travel to tie in with the movies, as many have speculated, nor will Jakku be a planet in SWTOR.

P.S. - I believe the "official" news about a tie-in was from a podcast, and it was just a rumor. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

The expansion opens the door for endless Episode 7 related Cartel Tat packs, armour, weapons etc. It's EAs big and probably final chance to cash in and they WILL make the most of it.

I don't doubt that, but there are a lot of people who think now that the game is no longer canon, Bioware is free to put extremely crazy stuff in it. Examples would be playable races that aren't even from Star Wars, or destroying planets that are in the movies.

I don't doubt that, but there are a lot of people who think now that the game is no longer canon, Bioware is free to put extremely crazy stuff in it. Examples would be playable races that aren't even from Star Wars, or destroying planets that are in the movies.

Star Wars could accommodate an expy of, say, Mass Effect races without batting an eye. No one has any idea how many races there are in and around that galaxy.

Destroying planets that the movies use is indeed about the only thing they can't do.

Star Wars could accommodate an expy of, say, Mass Effect races without batting an eye. No one has any idea how many races there are in and around that galaxy.

Destroying planets that the movies use is indeed about the only thing they can't do.

Just because they CAN doesn't mean they WILL.

They never actually said anything, but the tie-ins are already there. Vitiate is the villain of the new movies, and there are lots of look-alike items on the cartel market.

Vitiate thats just Fan boy rumors stop spreading it as FACT which it is NOT.

No, everything they do still goes through Lucasarts and Disney for approval.

And while they might not be canon, they're still part of the legends group so they can't just do whatever they want.

The dragonian emperor has developed a weapon with his allies to destroy worlds. It may be...MAY BE... a pre-mature version of deathstar. KOTFE is the great war in the galaxy, the rebbeling is it? So its a kind of a continue with episode 7

We have the great war and a huge part of the local galaxy got destroyed from a weapon the rebels developed. according to real myths and stories... Swtor is inspired from it, Episode 6 we find re-creation of "deathstar" and a test in Alderaan.... Episode 7 is a continue story after death star. It may be it, is it?

Edited by Oyranos

Say what the what now?

Just ignore him. He's spreading that around in pretty much any thread he can. It's his own little pet theory or something and he's passing it off as truth. (either that or he's doing some social experiment to see if he can make people believe something completely stupid by simply stating it as if it was true over and over)

Just ignore him. He's spreading that around in pretty much any thread he can. It's his own little pet theory or something and he's passing it off as truth. (either that or he's doing some social experiment to see if he can make people believe something completely stupid by simply stating it as if it was true over and over)

Indeed. There's virtually nothing that could be used to even guess at that connection, and it contradicts loads of stuff that we've heard both about the status of SWTOR in cannon and the evolution of the script for Ep7. I'd be inclined to say that its a social experiment, but I don't think there's enough thought behind it to justify that.

However, its at least coherent, unlike this:

The dragonian emperor has developed a weapon with his allies to destroy worlds. It may be...MAY BE... a pre-mature version of deathstar. KOTFE is the great war in the galaxy, the rebbeling is it? So its a kind of a continue with episode 7

He's been trying to make some sort of connection between SWTOR and his hallucinated version of mythology for quite a long time now, with no success outside the obvious.

At least the Vitiate-in-Ep7 claim will be easy to falsify. It's hard to falsify the vague ramblings about a "dragonian emperor". Even trying gives it more validity than it deserves.