What do you think will happen with the old romances in the new expansion?

Yermog

Yeah, I wanted new companion content really badly but... for the companions we already had. New ones are nice, but I really just wanna talk with Ashara more and have more cute romance scenes. What can i say, she *is* my favourite character :o

We haven't heard that we wouldn't, but I agree. I'd actually like some on the level of Theron/Lana as both of those seemed better than a lot of the companion ones imo.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my hope that we will be able to continue the romances already started. I know several characters I'd like to see more with in regards to this. Also would be nice to be able to continue the Lana Beniko romance. Would love to see where that goes with my Sith Sorcerer.

It is my hope that we will be able to continue the romances already started. I know several characters I'd like to see more with in regards to this. Also would be nice to be able to continue the Lana Beniko romance. Would love to see where that goes with my Sith Sorcerer.

From my understanding of Ashe's video (posted earlier), it does seem like we'll be able to continue our current romances if we so choose, or move on to either Theron or Lana. She specifically said at one point that our romantic interest and companion expect a decision, but she didn't specify whether the old romances would be the companions, or the new ones would be. I'm going to assume for now that our current companions and LI's are the companions she refers to, and that Lana and Theron are the love interests.

Either way, her video did reassure me that we would have more interaction with our romances and they wouldn't just fly off into space somewhere.

Edited by Yermog

I'm just curious how they will do with the affection. I could see it going two ways:

A) They add another 10000 to it making it 20000.

or

B) They will have it reset to 0 and you have to do it all over again.

Though I also wonder how they'll do it with those companions that aren't maxed affection. Unless they'll do it if they have like 0 affection chances are they might not join you. And if you have them at max affection and you begin the next part chances are they'll join you easily.

Just saying some thoughts.

I'm just curious how they will do with the affection. I could see it going two ways:

A) They add another 10000 to it making it 20000.

or

B) They will have it reset to 0 and you have to do it all over again.

Though I also wonder how they'll do it with those companions that aren't maxed affection. Unless they'll do it if they have like 0 affection chances are they might not join you. And if you have them at max affection and you begin the next part chances are they'll join you easily.

Just saying some thoughts.

There's already gonna be 5/6 new companions for each character to fill affection bars. A gigantic money/cartel sink the more characters you have. I'm expecting that old returning companions will keep their affection at the same level they had when leaving.

A couple random thoughts

For LIs that don't come back as companions, they might as well be dead. I don't want my Consular to wake up from stasis to find Nadia on Coruscant and she won't leave cause she's got "more important" things to do than save the galaxy with me. A long distance relationship via a couple conversations a la ME3 isn't going to cut it. LIs have to be along for the ride or don't bother!

I personally don't want any old companions from other classes joining me if their generic story is vastly different than my own experience as that class. For example, the Vette in KotFE is NOT the same Vette from my light side Warrior story. I understand it's not feasible to bring in decisions from alts, but it will still feel like a cheapened experience for me.

I personally don't want any old companions from other classes joining me if their generic story is vastly different than my own experience as that class. For example, the Vette in KotFE is NOT the same Vette from my light side Warrior story. I understand it's not feasible to bring in decisions from alts, but it will still feel like a cheapened experience for me.

I agree with this. I have my nice own little headcanon where everyone has their pre-established backstories and relations and whatnot. If I'm running my Knight through KotFEE and Lokin mentions that Cipher Nine sold out Intelligence to Jadus, or Risha claims she was best buds with a female Smuggler, or Quinn longs for the woman he loved and betrayed, then it screws with my headcanon. It doesn't mesh with the decisions my alts made or the backstory I set for them--my Smuggler is my Knight's brother, for example, not her sister. Mentioning decisions, genders or races also comes dangerously close to establishing canonicity in the game.

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously. I get that Bioware might have to establish a canon someday, and while I'd prefer they didn't, I'm mostly at peace with the idea. But damn it, I don't want them to do it while I'm still playing the game.

Edited by Abvora

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously.

No way! Meeting a dark side Jaesa (for example) as my Sage would be extremely bothersome. All these stories are supposed to be intertwined. And like you mentioned, their canon will, I suppose, even establish who was male and female? Like who romanced the Knight, Kira or Doc? Well, I have a feeling almost none of them will return as companions anyways, just NPCs, and if they're from a different class, the less they say the better.

I hope they add romance-specific banter outside of cutscenes for our companions if they're romanced - it might have kept my eye from wandering after four years of my JK Sentinel being married to Doc. Look, I'm glad everything is copacetic, Doc, sweetie, but maybe you could have asked my JK if she was okay after taking a direct hit from that last turret - just saying.

So yeah, all I mean is maybe a few special lines of combat-related banter/general banter showing that your LI actually cares and remembers that you're married (and no, I don't want them spamming those lines - just something that maybe pops up occasionally).

Like some other people here, I ended up romancing Theron Shan (because what person who likes hot SIS guys wouldn't)...and honestly, it started out as me wanting to see if Doc would actually do anything (like show negative approval or at LEAST a frown), but Doc didn't react at all. *sigh*

At that point I was like...FINE: I'LL JUST HAVE A FLING WITH THERON SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE DESPITE OUR BEING MARRIED FOR FOUR YEARS, HONEY!!!

In any case, I guess the repercussions of my actions will be...interesting. That being said, I really wish that I'd had some sort of heads-up so that I could have avoided cheating on Doc...PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND TAKE ME BACK...oops, I'd better save that for the expansion. :p

As for my other characters, honestly, I will happily kick every other LI that I currently have to the curb (except for Doc who I want back) and hook up with Theron if it is at all possible. A) He's a sexy spy and B) I have a weakness for hot smugglers/members of the smuggler class (which I assume would be Theron's class designation). It all goes back to Han Solo - I blame him for my smuggler addiction. *cough*

Anyhow, I was never really interested in Corso (nice but blah), I find Felix a bit boring (aka nice but blah), and my SI Sorcerer isn't that interested in Andronikos (more interesting then Corso and Felix but not my type). I'm not sure the other guys will interest me either (still need to level my SW, my IA, my BH, and my Trooper).

Edited by Atreiya
Typo Fix!

I hope they add romance-specific banter outside of cutscenes for our companions if they're romanced - it might have kept my eye from wandering after four years of my JK Sentinel being married to Doc. Look, I'm glad everything is copacetic, Doc, sweetie, but maybe you could have asked my JK if she was okay after taking a direct hit from that last turret - just saying.

So yeah, all I mean is maybe a few special lines of combat-related banter/general banter showing that your LI actually cares and remembers that you're married (and no, I don't want them spamming those lines - just something that maybe pops up occasionally).

Like some other people here, I ended up romancing Theron Shan (because what person who likes hot SIS guys wouldn't)...and honestly, it started out as me wanting to see if Doc would actually do anything (like show negative approval or at LEAST a frown), but Doc didn't react at all. *sigh*.

I'd love a few lines like that too. The closest we got was with Andronikus Revel who'll say "You like me, I like you, but let's not ruin a good thing with too much talking." Not the most romantic of sentiments, but still more than we got with anyone else!

EDIT: I forgot one other thing- I know the mission was on Taris, and my SW was with Quinn and they were trying desperately to get into a vault before an explosion. Not even thinking I picked the option that said something like "Any last words", and she said "If there's anything you'd like to say, now would be the time to do it." And Quinn went "I believe you know how I feel for you, my lord." Also not the most romantic, but it was still sweet.

Of course, then he tried to kill her...

Edited by Yermog

I'd love a few lines like that too. The closest we got was with Andronikus Revel who'll say "You like me, I like you, but let's not ruin a good thing with too much talking." Not the most romantic of sentiments, but still more than we got with anyone else!

EDIT: I forgot one other thing- I know the mission was on Taris, and my SW was with Quinn and they were trying desperately to get into a vault before an explosion. Not even thinking I picked the option that said something like "Any last words", and she said "If there's anything you'd like to say, now would be the time to do it." And Quinn went "I believe you know how I feel for you, my lord." Also not the most romantic, but it was still sweet.

Of course, then he tried to kill her...

Quinn seems to get a lot of hate for that, but I think I'm doing my IA next after my BH, so I guess I'll see how it goes with him. I'm pretty forgiving as long as an NPC isn't a serial killer or a majorly huge jerk, hehe.

Oh, one additional thing (since I forgot to mention it earlier): a repeatable kiss probably wouldn't hurt as far as keeping the romance alive with people's companions (especially for the married ones!). I know that they've managed to pull things like that off in other BW games, and it can't be that hard to plop in a repeatable kiss/cuddle/something when you have repeatable missions.

Quinn seems to get a lot of hate for that, but I think I'm doing my IA next after my BH, so I guess I'll see how it goes with him. I'm pretty forgiving as long as an NPC isn't a serial killer or a majorly huge jerk, hehe.

Oh, one additional thing (since I forgot to mention it earlier): a repeatable kiss probably wouldn't hurt as far as keeping the romance alive with people's companions (especially for the married ones!). I know that they've managed to pull things like that off in other BW games, and it can't be that hard to plop in a repeatable kiss/cuddle/something when you have repeatable missions.

It's not so much the attempted murder thing that bothered me, it's that he did it to someone he was married to (or at least intimate with). That's just overkill (pun not intended), and just a generally mean thing to do. If you're going to try to kill someone, at least have the decency to do it BEFORE you tell them you love them! They'll never believe you again otherwise, even if you're sincere!

Like some other people here, I ended up romancing Theron Shan (because what person who likes hot SIS guys wouldn't)...and honestly, it started out as me wanting to see if Doc would actually do anything (like show negative approval or at LEAST a frown), but Doc didn't react at all. *sigh*

At that point I was like...FINE: I'LL JUST HAVE A FLING WITH THERON SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE DESPITE OUR BEING MARRIED FOR FOUR YEARS, HONEY!!!

In any case, I guess the repercussions of my actions will be...interesting. That being said, I really wish that I'd had some sort of heads-up so that I could have avoided cheating on Doc...PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND TAKE ME BACK...oops, I'd better save that for the expansion. :p

As for my other characters, honestly, I will happily kick every other LI that I currently have to the curb (except for Doc who I want back) and hook up with Theron if it is at all possible. A) He's a sexy spy and B) I have a weakness for hot smugglers/members of the smuggler class (which I assume would be Theron's class designation). It all goes back to Han Solo - I blame him for my smuggler addiction. *cough*

Anyhow, I was never really interested in Corso (nice but blah), I find Felix a bit boring (aka nice but blah), and my SI Sorcerer isn't that interested in Andronikos (more interesting then Corso and Felix but not my type). I'm not sure the other guys will interest me either (still need to level my SW, my IA, my BH, and my Trooper).

Hmmm...why does everyone seem to say "My eye wandered because they were quiet" :p You can always head canon them not being quiet.

Though agreed on the females getting some of the more blah choices from their crews. :/ Though, I think the Theron/Lana pairings also just had better writing. Which might not be saying much, but there seemed to be a bit more emotion in those few scenes than the few scenes with the LIs from the crew.

Hmmm...why does everyone seem to say "My eye wandered because they were quiet" :p You can always head canon them not being quiet.

Well, all my mental energy pretty much goes towards surviving a day of work as a book designer (I format manuscripts, plus insert author edits, etc.). I usually have zero mental energy left by the time evening hits to head canon a decent chat with Doc! But in all seriousness, hearing the same lines for four years (off and on) just got a bit dull for me. That being said, I did appreciate that Doc had a few comments when we landed on Rishi and Yavin 4 - heh.

I would love to see more flirting/kisses/privatetime between characters especially after you've maxed their affections. I mentioned this a good while back. Even if they repeat some of them every so often and you can react differently each time. Imnotokayholdme vs IDONTWANTAHUG

Especially just general bonding. Andronikos and Inq. talk over drinks one time.

Oh, oh! There is a flirt line from Torian I found. Click him a bunch of times and he will eventually say 'Checking out my form?' This is in reference to BH is flirting and Torian mentions checking out her form. You can opt to say you are disappointed that after all this time that is the only thing he noticed. He responds with "Less likely to get shot if I only mention your form." He's been checking her out but knows better than to outright say it. There is also a funny one where BH says she's 'enjoying the view' or something along those lines and is looking at Torian, he responds something along the lines of 'anytime.' so she's totally checking him out and he's cool with it. So pretty much Torian saying 'Checking out my form?' Means "Checking me (my body) out?"

The Quinn feelings one with the bunker was cute too.

My biggest questions with companions that will effect what I think they will do- "Do the companions know that you have just been frozen in carbonite and locked away somewhere, or were they told you are dead?" If they know you are a human popsicle somewhere, I'm thinking they may wait more than if they think you are dead.

My thoughts on companions-

Quinn- I think if you forgive him he will be buried in some kind of office work, probably demoted and moved to Hoth just to piss him off. But I don't think he will have remarried. Poor guy is too awkward at first, he does get the hang of it by the end though. Especially if he knows you are alive, my bet would be he is looking for you and trying to find a loophole. The man freaking shut down a star destroyer by sneaking in, knocking out some people and hitting a button. He's a freaking tactical genius.

Vector- I think Vector is adorable because whenever he hugs agent he puts his hands on her butt. I find it hilarious but also really kind of sweet. Its a small gesture, but a very intimate one. I think he is def. grieving. He can't return to Alderaan depending on a certain decision if you did it or not. But he got a lot of things done as an ambassador and I think he would continue it. Dawn Herald is def. Killisk, but being a diplomat is giving him back a piece of vector. Which he was thrilled about. I highly doubt he has moved on. Especially if he can still somehow sense your aura with those weird killisk abilities.

Torian- This is a coin toss.I ADORE Torian. I love that you have an opening scene where you are just tightly hugging each other. He looks like he's holding you as if you are the only thing that matters and its so freaking cute. I think loyalty wise Torian would never abandon you. The problem is mando culture. Its extremely common for Mando's to become widowed, they pretty much pick up a new relationship and just go, because they have to in order to survive. They are a culture focused on fighting, people dying is normal. I really, really, really want to say he would not have moved on, BUT with his culture he probably would have. Which would make a very odd situation when you re-appear. Lets hope he has not done this.

Andronokis- (sp?) Totally moved on. He is not one to sit in one spot for long, he flat out tells you that he may just outright disappear one day and eventually come back. If you have a one night stand with the sith lord, when you talk to A afterward, he went and found someone to have a one night stand with as well. I don't see him staying.

I don't know about Iresso as I'm not flirting at all with him. My consular is totally going to romance Theron.

Torian- This is a coin toss.I ADORE Torian. I love that you have an opening scene where you are just tightly hugging each other. He looks like he's holding you as if you are the only thing that matters and its so freaking cute. I think loyalty wise Torian would never abandon you. The problem is mando culture. Its extremely common for Mando's to become widowed, they pretty much pick up a new relationship and just go, because they have to in order to survive. They are a culture focused on fighting, people dying is normal. I really, really, really want to say he would not have moved on, BUT with his culture he probably would have. Which would make a very odd situation when you re-appear. Lets hope he has not done this.

I recently stopped playing my BH because Torian is the most at risk for pulling a Jacob Taylor with Mako.

/stillbitter

I recently stopped playing my BH because Torian is the most at risk for pulling a Jacob Taylor with Mako.

/stillbitter

Don't worry, if they get together they eventually break up even without the expansion. Torian thinks Mako is nice and all, but she isn't the Mandalorian warrior woman Torian's looking for.

Edited by Cythereal

Andronokis- (sp?) Totally moved on. He is not one to sit in one spot for long, he flat out tells you that he may just outright disappear one day and eventually come back. If you have a one night stand with the sith lord, when you talk to A afterward, he went and found someone to have a one night stand with as well. I don't see him staying.

I don't know about Iresso as I'm not flirting at all with him. My consular is totally going to romance Theron.

Yeah, don't care for Iresso either. He's not a bad character, just a bad romance.

I disagree somewhat with the assessment of Androikus, and that's on the "completely moved on part". A lot of people bring up that thing on Alderaan, but he and the Quizzie had (chronologically speaking) JUST met. It makes sense to me that he wouldn't be that upset about her sleeping with someone else because they hardly know each other at that point. Yeah you could have dumped hundreds of presents on him and had a whole bunch of conversations with the guy, but assuming you don't do that, you've just met. Later on in the romance he also tells the Quizzie he's not interested in running anymore, and he'll stay with her.

As far as staying in one place after the Quizzie is frozen- you're absolutely right. He's a pirate. I have no doubt you'll find him in charge of a pirate fleet somewhere giving the Zakuul hell. But I don't see him in love with someone else. He always makes comments about not wanting to leave her and then saying how weird that is for him, which says to me she's the first person he's been IN LOVE with. Physically he might have had a few lovers through the years, but I can't see him being in a serious relationship.

I have this image of him seeing the Quizzie on one of his ships and purposely trapping her so he has time to run down and kiss her senseless before talking business with her. Probably won't happen, but I could see him doing it.

Edited by Yermog

/stillbitter

Actually I found out how to avoid this completely by accident! I made this decision then was so confused by all of the people posting about Torian and Mako. I did not have that happen.

Okay, so apparently from what I can tell its one specific part of the story. Mako is obviously asking you to teach her shooting to try to impress Torian. But when you have your party and are telling Mako to close the ship down, she tries to get Torian to stay behind. This is apparently that key moment.

Torian was my best companion damage wise and I had a really bad feeling about this (no spoilers!). Plus I had already wanted him to be arm candy. So after deciding I was going to be selfish and go with my gut instinct of something being off I refused, and demanded Torian go with me. Blizz promised to be helpful.

No Torian and Mako flirting after that. I'm pretty sure that specific moment in game is you 'staking a claim' so to speak.

Hopefully this is helpful for people?