Poll: Which Server should be "The" Server for Group and Solo Ranked?

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really; if people want a single server for the most population, Harbinger would be the obvious answer as it has the most now.

Problem is, there is a noticeable latency from east coast players to west coast servers depending on their bandwidth and distance, so I don't think a single server is the best option. Really need an east coast option.

Really; if people want a single server for the most population, Harbinger would be the obvious answer as it has the most now.

Problem is, there is a noticeable latency from east coast players to west coast servers depending on their bandwidth and distance, so I don't think a single server is the best option. Really need an east coast option.

I don't think it is a latency issue, I have the same ping on both Harbinger and Bastion but encounter more "issues" on Harbinger than Bastion.

I don't think it is a latency issue, I have the same ping on both Harbinger and Bastion but encounter more "issues" on Harbinger than Bastion.

Respectfully disagree. I sit at like 65ms at best on Harb, and like 29ms at best on JC. I am in the midwest.

Harbinger for West Coast.

Shadowlands for East Coast.

Honestly I feel like the ranked population is so low that if the PvP community is gonna try to get together and designate another "official" server, they should do it without regard to east/west. I voted for Shadowlands, purely because any European players interested in rolling on the "official ranked pvp server" would have better pings than on Shadowlands.

However, for the record im in the 100% convinced megaservers are coming camp, so I suspect that only Season 6 is really gonna be affected by this.

Edited by iamnotshrek

When they first announced server xfers, we went through this exact same phase of "lets make 1 big PvP server!"

Because that ended so well.

pot5 was a train wreck for pubs, but the 8v8 scene was quite real (if toxic) for about a month. iunno. i think it's worth trying, but there are other problems with the game, mostly around matchmaking and solo ranked. I have no idea how to make grp worth a crap if you're not already amongst the top 10 or so 4m teams. and I doubt it would be any different from the first month of 8's. but...eh. I don't think it was the transfers that killed pot5. it was more the fact that death of 8's was announced and other stuffs from the PR division.

JC is a very good choice imo. Solo goes on almost every night and group goes on 2-4 times a week, which isn't too bad. There is also little trolls and some very good players, including the top 2 snipers in solo ranked. What i'm trying to say if everyone should come to JC.:D

Harbinger is top result every damn time....

Just a warning, Harbinger is a notoriously flighty server. I really fear that most of the community will be on there by next week. Besides the connection issues, the Republic will lose any and all competitiveness it once had. Which paradoxically will lead to lower population over time.

Sigh.... I guess I better start that Madness Sorc to mirror my Balance Sage. :(

Jedi Covenant. Its like the Harbinger but less trolls/crashes.

you do realize that whichever server becomes "the server," that's going to become the server with the most trolls.

personally, I really liked Jung Ma in s3. it was small but a regular grp of ppl in queue at regular times and very little drama.

Just a warning, Harbinger is a notoriously flighty server. I really fear that most of the community will be on there by next week. Besides the connection issues, the Republic will lose any and all competitiveness it once had. Which paradoxically will lead to lower population over time.

Sigh.... I guess I better start that Madness Sorc to mirror my Balance Sage. :(

I played on most of the servers, TOFN, Bastion and POT5 gives the best impression, despite POT5's ridiculous low population and Bastion's notorious gen chat trash talk. The quality there is very good! Scrubbinger, on the other hand, gives me some traumatizing memory that still haunts me.

I had one ranked on scrubbinger where it was me playing a sorc and 3 veng jugg on my team. They told me to wait and "let them come to us".

3 veng jugg said "let them come to us" on an orbital station...

Edited by Azurestone

Harbinger is top result every damn time....

It has the most players now so it makes sense to vote to go there and vote if you are already there. I actually hope that people who play the east coast servers vote in my thread the one they will be playing as well as the entire point is to find the popular pinion as that will be the most populated option.

It has the most players now so it makes sense to vote to go there and vote if you are already there. I actually hope that people who play the east coast servers vote in my thread the one they will be playing as well as the entire point is to find the popular pinion as that will be the most populated option.

I would highly suggest that if we, as a community, can agree on any server that we pick one east coast and one west cost server. There are many Europeans that play on east cost servers that are not going to want to play with the very high ping that they would have on west coast servers (and the same can be said of Aussie players regarding east coast servers).

With how easy it is to level characters there it would be very simple to have a ranked character (or 2-3) on both servers.

While having two servers, one east and one west would be ideal, I don't honk we have the total population to support that. I think having one BIG server would be great because then solo ranked could pop all day, early on for east coasters and later as well for west coasters.

I personally live in Ohio and when I when ranked starts going full swing on the bastion, it's already 1am where I am. Having one large server would allow ranked to pop at all times of the day with tons of competition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.