Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Start at Level 60 in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

So if we start with a new lvl. 60 character, what happens with the choices made during the original class stories like whether you went light side or dark side?

My guess would be that since it's a new character, you'd start off at 60 with 0 points towards either side or you'd have an option to choose light/dark/grey during the boost//creation process.

As for other decisions, I don't think they'd have repercussions beyond what your character faced during the original story. For example, as the trooper if you did something Garza disagreed with she'd reprimand you but that, along with an ingame mail, was the extent of it.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the third option you start with nothing..no credits, no comms, no gear, no companions, 0-0-0 on any crafting chosen.

I don't think people realize that the instant lvl 60 is not going to be all that fun since you will have no credits, probably poor if any gear, no comms, no legacy unlocks (speeder piloting) no crafting skills/schematics, no crafting mats.

Remember that speeder piloting is trained normally at your class trainer... so that'll be free. They are not going to make the new 60's completely devoid of everything, they just won't. While I agree that they may leave you with "crappy gear" (and they should) it will be functional at least. My guess is "green level 60 gear", about rating 186 or so. You'll replace it with story rewards from doing the new content... just like Ziost.

For all that is good in the world please make them complete IE a set of decent gear to start with all class story done up through 60 and all datacrons! so that we can just jump into Kotfe and not worry about going back to collect **** pre 60

pretty please with extra cookies!

For all that is good in the world please make them complete IE a set of decent gear to start with all class story done up through 60 and all datacrons! so that we can just jump into Kotfe and not worry about going back to collect **** pre 60

pretty please with extra cookies!

the gear'll be sufficant to push through the first little bit of content. but it'll proably not be BIS

my guess would be you'll get a set of the blue 190 ziost gear

I hope its not mandatory, because your character creator is sooo horrible, I dont need another twin, because all my charas look like twins. I already have 19-20 charas after all :)

thanks.

Edited by Oyranos

the gear'll be sufficant to push through the first little bit of content. but it'll proably not be BIS

Won't have to be any BiS. Since Rishi the single-player solo content has been significantly easier compared to Makeb/Oricon cycle. No reason to expect it would change when they try to get as many new and casual players in as possible

Will I be able to make a new lvl 60 for Fallen Empire and afterwards play the class missions lvl 1-50?

No. They have been pretty clear that you cannot go back into the old (class-) story once you start the expansion.

You most likely can go back and do planetary arcs, collections etc , but the class story is finished the same way it would be for a toon that got leveled to 60 the old fashioned way.

As a subscriber, when you get Fallen Empire you will receive one free level 60 character. This character must be a new character, you cannot “boost” an existing character up to 60. Beyond that first one which is included free with KOTFE, you can purchase additional level 60 characters through the Cartel Market at any time. I know that this raised the question of character limits as well. In talking with the development team, the plan is to increase the subscriber maximum character limit per server by 2 for the Fallen Empire launch. Not confirmation it will happen, but it is definitely their goal!

I know you still have many questions, such as how this impacts Class story, etc. We will be revealing all of these details down the line as we get closer to launch.

Thanks!

-eric

This is going to kill the game, as people are just going bye pass a massive amount of content just to have lvl 60 characters straight away.

Also, is this cartel "boost" for subscribers only. it just reads that ways to me?

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

This is going to kill the game, as people are just going bye pass a massive amount of content just to have lvl 60 characters straight away.

Also, is this cartel "boost" for subscribers only. it just reads that ways to me?

That's nice son. But daddy needs his alts!!! :D

That's nice son. But daddy needs his alts!!! :D

If you think that is going to help the game then you are going to be sadly mistaken, with all the these level 60's popping up group finder is going to be a joy and PVP will die

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

If you think that is going to help the game then you are going to be sadly mistaken, with all the these level 60's popping up group finder is going to be a joy and PVP will die

Oh no the sky is falling!!

No it wont kill the game the lvl 90 boost in wow hasnt killed it either

It is there for people that want it and btw someone can level all the way through to 60 and still be a bad player!

Oh no the sky is falling!!

No it wont kill the game the lvl 90 boost in wow hasnt killed it either

It is there for people that want it and btw someone can level all the way through to 60 and still be a bad player!

i understand what you are saying but i don't see this as a well thought out idea, in regards to WOW, well they have lost 3 millions subscribers in the first quarter of 2015 so i don't think that the comparison is a valid.

GF is already filled with dregs can't get any fuller. And PvP is full of **** tier players so I see no difference. also implying leveling teaches you things. Good laugh.

I don't see the point of offering instant level 60 characters. New players should experience one of the original stories, why let them skip over the best the game has to offer? Especially if story is the main focus and is now grind free.

Returning players who have level 50 or 55 characters shouldn't be complaining about going through an expansion or two either.

Basically, why is Bioware having people skip right over huge amounts of content? Are they so confident in the amount the expansion offers that nothing else is needed? It really seems like they wish they could sweep everything old under the rug and start over, but they can't so we have this hybrid expansion/sequel.

The comparison to WOW isn't a good one either. There's a big difference between leveling a 1-90 character in WOW just to be a Panda bear (and don't you need to have a level 90 already to get a free one?) than there is in going through the fast track 1-60 leveling in SWTOR.

Edited by RAVM

Basically, why is Bioware having people skip right over huge amounts of content?

12x already allows players to skip over a vast ammount of content and is something the players were screaming for for a long while. How is this any different? They miss 1 - 2 play sessions of class content - how does this impact you?

12x already allows players to skip over a vast ammount of content and is something the players were screaming for for a long while. How is this any different? They miss 1 - 2 play sessions of class content - how does this impact you?

Cracking the sound barrier(X12 experience boost) is far different to jumping to hyperspace(unlocking a lvl 60 character) at least at the "speed of sound" players can still interact with other as they leveled, after this is an MMO and now will become a Single Player Online

Cracking the sound barrier(X12 experience boost) is far different to jumping to hyperspace(unlocking a lvl 60 character) at least at the "speed of sound" players can still interact with other as they leveled, after this is an MMO and now will become a Single Player Online

now see I disagree with this. the free 60 in fact is proably gonna be more likely to make em meet people.

in a mature MMO the mid level range zones are pretty quiet with the start zones busy (but useally fulla immature trolls )and most of the serious population towards the end game areas.

So the free 60 is actually proably good for new players

now see I disagree with this. the free 60 in fact is proably gonna be more likely to make em meet people.

in a mature MMO the mid level range zones are pretty quiet with the start zones busy (but useally fulla immature trolls )and most of the serious population towards the end game areas.

So the free 60 is actually proably good for new players

But there is no end game for people to gravitate towards.

As for the instant 60s. There are many of us who have been playing since launch and before, and in truth, a lot of us already have at least 16xL60's, or at least 50s or 55s that are catching up, so buying more toons seems utterly pointless.

That said, the free L60 we get for the expansion, is the perfect way to play through the new content, as a way of minimising any issues that arise from playing it, ie, no damage to existing toons.

I think the point of offering the instant level 60 was to let existing, returning and new players to be able to group together immediately for the leveled up flashpoints and ops without having to wait for people to level from 1 to 60.

Not in the slightest, the expansion is designed for solo play, grouping to be allowed but not encouraged....apparently.

It is clearly not for the op/fp based PVE content.

The idea is simple, get people playing their new story asap, for those with no existing L60 toons, it lets them in the door on day 1.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.