Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Start at Level 60 in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

.....That said, the free L60 we get for the expansion, is the perfect way to play through the new content, as a way of minimising any issues that arise from playing it, ie, no damage to existing toons.

That's exactly how I plan to use my free instant 60. To play thru and see how the choices I'd make will affect the outcome of the story. This way I can know what to expect once I start taking my main thru the KotFE content.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only question is this: How will this new characters story be? How will we have chosen how he/she has been doing, will it be randomnised or will we have a pre-section of character creation where you go around choosing: Romanced her, killed him, had an affair with heir, betrayed him, saved those people, etc.

My only question is this: How will this new characters story be? How will we have chosen how he/she has been doing, will it be randomnised or will we have a pre-section of character creation where you go around choosing: Romanced her, killed him, had an affair with heir, betrayed him, saved those people, etc.

Indeed, this sounds weird, level 60 without doing any quest? Thanks but no thanks.

Indeed, this sounds weird, level 60 without doing any quest? Thanks but no thanks.

Yes and no. This is no different than any other beginning to a story (exception, Fallout 3 starts with your birth). There are aspects that you start with at level 1 in all 8 story lines, just think of this as the same idea.

Hey folks,

I have seen a few questions around how the “Start at Level 60” will work that comes with Fallen Empire. I want to start by saying that we will be releasing a blog when we get a bit closer to launch that describes all of the nitty gritty details and walks you through everything. But for now I wanted to cover a bit about how it works and address some of the things I have been seeing.

As a subscriber, when you get Fallen Empire you will receive one free level 60 character. This character must be a new character, you cannot “boost” an existing character up to 60. Beyond that first one which is included free with KOTFE, you can purchase additional level 60 characters through the Cartel Market at any time. I know that this raised the question of character limits as well. In talking with the development team, the plan is to increase the subscriber maximum character limit per server by 2 for the Fallen Empire launch. Not confirmation it will happen, but it is definitely their goal!

I know you still have many questions, such as how this impacts Class story, etc. We will be revealing all of these details down the line as we get closer to launch.

Thanks!

-eric

can we take any of our level 60 characters that we've made through the new expansion, I hope you answer that question

I know that this raised the question of character limits as well. In talking with the development team, the plan is to increase the subscriber maximum character limit per server by 2 for the Fallen Empire launch. Not confirmation it will happen, but it is definitely their goal!

Why do I see this not happens now, just a lie. or they will do a small discount on toon slots.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to start of opposing this!

I'm going to keep it short to spark a healthy debate, please keep in mind we are in this game together so please keep it civil. With that said let me list a few concerns.

I feel it is first unfair to all of us that have paid our dues, I also think that giving people max level characters is in general a bad policy. WOW sales level 90's it has caused a lot of hard ache. Pay to win is only going to push players away, look at what happened with the launch of the cartel market. I for one, as a founder feel allowing people that have no experience with the game to have a 60 is anti productive to game play. it truly It is not an excuse to get subscribers. I feel it's important for the game continuity.

PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS AND TAKE IT OUT. PRESERVE THE GAME!!

I'm going to keep it short to spark a healthy debate, please keep in mind we are in this game together so please keep it civil. With that said let me list a few concerns.

I feel it is first unfair to all of us that have paid our dues, I also think that giving people max level characters is in general a bad policy. WOW sales level 90's it has caused a lot of hard ache. Pay to win is only going to push players away, look at what happened with the launch of the cartel market. I for one, as a founder feel allowing people that have no experience with the game to have a 60 is anti productive to game play. it truly It is not an excuse to get subscribers. I feel it's important for the game continuity.

LoL buying a lvl 60 toon you still have to lvl it 5 more levels it's paying for convenience not pay to win. Now if they start selling full end game raid gear in cash shop then yes that is pay to win.

So is 12x xp pay to win to you?

Edited by Curbhunter

Buying a level 60 is not a max level character. Still have 5 more levels to go. It doesn't give anyone any huge advantage other them allowing them to get to 65 faster. It doesn't make them more powerful or give them high grade endgame raid gear.

They are selling convenience, nothing more. It is not pay to win at all, big difference.

This is just a bad precedent to set, and I believe it will hurt the integrity of the game.

The whole rush to end game mentality that has plagued MMO's for the last half dozen years or so is just something I won't ever get behind. The joy for me is and always has been in the journey, not the destination. I can't say I'm surprised, considering how often EXP rewards get thrown at the player base. But still...I just find it really lame.

Also, the last thing this game needs is fewer people populating the leveling planets. Or more people at higher levels who never put in their dues, and don't know how to play group content.

SWTOR has always been kind of my escape from WoW. But in actuality, the solace I end up taking is that they're just a year or two behind them in implementing changes that I don't like. Meh.

This is just a bad precedent to set, and I believe it will hurt the integrity of the game.

The whole rush to end game mentality that has plagued MMO's for the last half dozen years or so is just something I won't ever get behind. The joy for me is and always has been in the journey, not the destination. I can't say I'm surprised, considering how often EXP rewards get thrown at the player base. But still...I just find it really lame.

Also, the last thing this game needs is fewer people populating the leveling planets. Or more people at higher levels who never put in their dues, and don't know how to play group content.

SWTOR has always been kind of my escape from WoW. But in actuality, the solace I end up taking is that they're just a year or two behind them in implementing changes that I don't like. Meh.

The only people who would be able to get the "Start At 60" characters are those who have the expansion, namely Subscribers. Free players or Preferred players won't be able to create Level 60 character, so "paying their dues" is a moot point since the players who can create the Level 60 characters will have already paid their dues (in the form of their subscription). There is nothing wrong with this set-up at all.

• 2 weeks later...
So what about the past story for new lvl. 60 characters, say I choose a new Sith Inquisitor, will he go by Darth Imperius or Darth Nox (my preference is Darth Imperius, I've searched for thread about this problem about previous stories/allignment and couldn't find a thing, am I the only one worried about this part of the new lvl. 60 characters?

So what about the past story for new lvl. 60 characters, say I choose a new Sith Inquisitor, will he go by Darth Imperius or Darth Nox (my preference is Darth Imperius, I've searched for thread about this problem about previous stories/allignment and couldn't find a thing, am I the only one worried about this part of the new lvl. 60 characters?

I think they said somewhere the game will decide your alignment for you (eg. if you create a sith it'll asssume you've chosen dark side choices), hopefully they'll change this and let you choose your character's alignment.

Edited by DarthZeroe

Generally, it's not a good idea to have a LV60 character at the start. Some might claim that LV60 is not the max and you have 5 more levels to LEARN but to be honest, a mere 5 levels does not really able to teach from a total new player to become at least a experience player. And how slow from LV60 - 65 can be? It will be like a breeze in no less than few hours in-game.

This market strategy might get more new subscribers but it won't last that long. And perhaps, it might cause a negative impact in long run. I will recommend to give new players at least a LV30 character instead. This is a story-driven mmo, it will be disappoint not to let new players to experience it.

And lastly, to sell a pre lv60 character at cartel is NOT a good idea at all. We all knew this is for generating income for the F2P role in a quick way but this is also the way to KILL the game entirely. Unless they are taking the risk to get more money and draft another new expansion fast (with new lvl cap) if not, this idea of selling is real bad move.

Edited by Kary

• 2 weeks later...

If you pug, this a NIGHTMARE. 1-60, you learn your skills.

Why not just keep x12 permanent, for nothing but, figuring out what' your role and skills are.

This is exactly like buying some Korean or eastern European character from that player auction site!

Will we still be able to play the old personal story with a new lvl 60 character, and I have seen somewhere that the old story will be enhanced somehow, does anyone know what are they going to do with it?

Brand new 60s start with the KotFE story. The 1-50 story, RotHC story, and SoR story will have been essentially completed. So the answer is no, you won't be able to play the old personal story with a new lvl 60 character.

Brand new 60s start with the KotFE story. The 1-50 story, RotHC story, and SoR story will have been essentially completed. So the answer is no, you won't be able to play the old personal story with a new lvl 60 character.

What about titles from the 1-50 story? Like if I made a free 60 Jugg, will he come with the Lord, Darth, etc titles from the previous stories? I am making a character who's name doesn't fit right without the Darth title and wondering if I should just level him myself and use free 60 on another char, or if he DOES come with the titles then use it on him?

If anyone knows/has confirmation of this PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

Terrible idea. Is this a separate game, or an expansion? I guess WoW does it, so you have to copy WoW like everybody else does.

Why not sell BiS gear while you're at it?

WoW does what? Offer a free 90? Yes. Don't think they gate old content, though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.