KOTFE - Companion Crew Skill Bonuses

crubel

This post is is two parts.

The first, is a question to Bioware. Will crew skill bonuses change for companions or stay the same? Can you release the crew skill bonus information on the new companions once you have that nailed down? Can you make companion crew skill bonuses configurable so crafters are not forced to pick certain companions?

The second part, a quick list of important companions for us to review, assuming crew skill bonuses don't change.

Talos, +5 crit to Archeology

Corso, +5 crit to Armstech

Tanno, +5 crit to Armormech

Doc, +5 crit to Biochem

Vector, +5 crit to Diplomacy

M1-4X, + 5 crit to Scavenging

Kira, +5 crit to Synthweaving

Jaesa, +5 crit to Synthweaving

Vette, +5 crit to Tresure Hunting

Via the ship droid rafting sensor, your ship droid can achieve +5 Cybertech crit or +5 Synthweaving Crit.

I have left out anything that is not +5 crit.

If you plan on ditching any of the companions above and you are a crafter, think this through and make sure you do not shoot yourself in the foot. Hopefully, they make the crafting bonuses configurable for each companion so crafters are not forced to pick certain companions.

Well, there is very little information yet.

But since apparently everybody will be Outlander and being Jedi, Sith, Agent, etc will be irrelevent story wise, you may want just to pick one or two toons and made them Outlanders by progressing through the story and leave everybody else stuck at 60 to be your crafting force.

I mean, I am assuming this increase will be like the others, where could simply leave them at whatever level they were and still upgrade your crafting skills. My smuggler armstech is lvl 55 ( didn't even bother with getting him to 57 for the sixth companion on mission)

For example, if Corso doesn't survive the purge and no new companion with Armstech +5, no legacy droid sensor +5 is added, then the best thing to do would be leaving your smuggler to rot at 60 and only boost the crafting skills

But again, currently very little information

Edited by wainot-keel

This post is is two parts.

The first, is a question to Bioware. Will crew skill bonuses change for companions or stay the same? Can you release the crew skill bonus information on the new companions once you have that nailed down? Can you make companion crew skill bonuses configurable so crafters are not forced to pick certain companions?

The second part, a quick list of important companions for us to review, assuming crew skill bonuses don't change.

Talos, +5 crit to Archeology

Corso, +5 crit to Armstech

Tanno, +5 crit to Armormech

Doc, +5 crit to Biochem

Vector, +5 crit to Diplomacy

M1-4X, + 5 crit to Scavenging

Kira, +5 crit to Synthweaving

Jaesa, +5 crit to Synthweaving

Vette, +5 crit to Tresure Hunting

Via the ship droid rafting sensor, your ship droid can achieve +5 Cybertech crit or +5 Synthweaving Crit.

I have left out anything that is not +5 crit.

If you plan on ditching any of the companions above and you are a crafter, think this through and make sure you do not shoot yourself in the foot. Hopefully, they make the crafting bonuses configurable for each companion so crafters are not forced to pick certain companions.

you assume crafting will remain as is....

with a "instant lvl 60" what makes you think they wont have to revamp crafting to make it work with the new level mechanic? what makes you think it will even be there at all?

think about it. when you hit level 60 and everyone has no companions again, how do they balance that with people who leveled the old way and got full crafting? only solution is to either remove it outright, reset it to start, or a complete overhaul so that we wouldn't' recognize it anyway.