Theran Shan?

GorkieX

Yeah, I noticed that too which is slightly more concerning and something I'm trying to ignore. :p Maybe it's a Kaliyo/Jorgen type situation where you get to choose from 2-3 different people who comes with you for that scene but at the cost that that companion dies. At least I'm hoping it's something optional and not set in stone because that would suck tremendously. Can you imagine ditching your former husband/wife for Theron only to have BW go "lol sucker!"

Agreed. Theron is a LI so I can't imagine preventative measures not being in place to prevent that. On another note tho, as with Koth, Bioware has shown that they're not above ripping away our partners if we don't line up with their beliefs. it would be interesting if that was caused because Theron didn't like how the commander wasn't running the Alliance Jedi like and attempted to betray them.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, I don't see their precious Lana among the dead.

I think Lana has one giant protective Dev shield around her, I would honestly be surprised if she was ever in a position to be killed off permanently, Theron on the other hand I don't see having that same shield. If they are going for a shock value moment of anyone can be killed/taken away (well except Lana of course) scene in KOTET I could see Theron being the guinea pig.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

OMG you guys have me worried now D:

If they kill Theron, I'm going to riot too and probably stop playing this game forever, especially if Theron dies and their precious little Lana survives. SWtOR is already the last BioWare game I play, I have cut all ties with their single player games. Even the older ones I used to love are tainted by their newer sequels that I hate. Don't make me add SWtOR to the pile BioWare! Hopefully it's either a vision or he's knocked out or hurt but not dead.

I think Lana has one giant protective Dev shield around her, I would honestly be surprised if she was ever in a position to be killed off permanently, Theron on the other hand I don't see having that same shield. If they are going for a shock value moment of anyone can be killed/taken away (well except Lana of course) scene in KOTET I could see Theron being the guinea pig.

Of course Lana would be valued over Theron. Lana is in a whole other league when it comes to pragmatic value over Theron. Not only was it her actions alone that brought the outlander back into the fight but the whole alliance network practically revolves around her background spy network. If Lana was to fall the Alliance would be in shambles. Theron however just looks good, scouts talent and offers mission analysis. Not that that's not important as well but Lanas work is a far bigger keystone.

Of course Lana would be valued over Theron. Lana is in a whole other league when it comes to pragmatic value over Theron. Not only was it her actions alone that brought the outlander back into the fight but the whole alliance network practically revolves around her background spy network. If Lana was to fall the Alliance would be in shambles. Theron however just looks good, scouts talent and offers mission analysis. Not that that's not important as well but Lanas work is a far bigger keystone.

I really want Theron to shine a little more in KOTET and bring some more to the table, the writers don't seem to know what to do with him at the moment. Let's have Lana and Theron but on equal terms again both playing/sharing big roles like they did in SoR.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I'm hoping that part of the teaser turns out to be more of Valkorion's mind games, as trite as those are at this point, because it would be pretty cheap to reveal something like that via a teaser trailer imo.

However, as I was running around on my first Juggernaut last night at one point his buffs wore off and I noticed the two new Attuned buffs on his bar that I'd not really paid much attention to in the past. Specifically, the Sacrifice one, which says something like "Willing to sacrifice everything in order to achieve final victory."

And that got me thinking...

What if by choosing that when making his new weapon I've doomed all his allies?

I disagree. For one, it certainly wasn't "Lana's actions alone" that rescued the outlander, Koth and T7 played key roles and HK directly saves the outlander's life when he's about to fall out the back of the ship. Lana was just the one to wake you up and the only reason for that is because she's a writer's pet and they are infatuated with her and assume the player will be too. Also, what background spy network? From what I understand Lana and Theron and others worked together to bring the alliance together (and they come together for the outlander, not Lana). I sincerely doubt Lana brought in all those republic forces as a Sith. Lana seems pretty useless to me. She thaws you out of carbonite and that's pretty much her only contribution from then on. Koth and HK are a lot more important IMO with Koth fixing and piloting the gravestone, HK finding it in the first place and saving your life twice. Lana is just kind of there. If I were going to cut anyone as dead weight it would be her.

Edited by Nefla

I disagree. For one, it certainly wasn't "Lana's actions alone" that rescued the outlander, Koth and T7 played key roles and HK directly saves the outlander's life when he's about to fall out the back of the ship. Lana was just the one to wake you up and the only reason for that is because she's a writer's pet and they are infatuated with her and assume the player will be too. Also, what background spy network? From what I understand Lana and Theron and others worked together to bring the alliance together (and they come together for the outlander, not Lana). I sincerely doubt Lana brought in all those republic forces as a Sith. Lana seems pretty useless to me. She thaws you out of carbonite and that's pretty much her only contribution from then on. Koth and HK are a lot more important IMO with Koth fixing and piloting the gravestone, HK finding it in the first place and saving your life twice. Lana is just kind of there. If I were going to cut anyone as dead weight it would be her.

How do you explain the Republic forces when you play a Sith?

Lana was the one searching for you the most (outside of possibly a few classes LIs).

This isn't to say, I don't think Theron couldn't have been put in her place instead. Though, it was Theron who brought a whole lot of Jedi to Ziost.

I wouldn't cut her as dead weight. She's been to useful.

I think you're right. She's definitely their favorite and she's had so much screen time and with that has been shown as doing phenomenal things. I wish Theron would also get as much screen time as she's had so that it can be established how awesome he is, because not everyone has read the comics or Annihilation, and they just think of him a glorified npc. I just hope that it's designed to mess with us, that they're not really thinking about taking him from us, either through plot, or through 'our choices that matter.' I remember when KotFE was first promoted they deliberately left Theron out of it and got a bunch of people, myself included upset. I sincerely hope that's all this is, but just in case, I want to indicate how disgruntled and unhappy I would be if they stole him away. :/

I think the scene is more on Valkorian's visions like the last trailer. I believe Theron will live because they pointed it out specifically...to draw attention to it. I think they did it to get people to freak. It worked. But I don't think they'd give away a big spoiler like that. Well I don't think they would anyway.

I disagree. For one, it certainly wasn't "Lana's actions alone" that rescued the outlander, Koth and T7 played key roles and HK directly saves the outlander's life when he's about to fall out the back of the ship. Lana was just the one to wake you up and the only reason for that is because she's a writer's pet and they are infatuated with her and assume the player will be too. From what I understand Lana and Theron and others worked together to bring the alliance together (and they come together for the outlander, not Lana). I sincerely doubt Lana brought in all those republic forces as a Sith. Lana seems pretty useless to me. She thaws you out of carbonite and that's pretty much her only contribution from then on. Koth and HK are a lot more important IMO with Koth fixing and piloting the gravestone, HK finding it in the first place and saving your life twice. Lana is just kind of there. If I were going to cut anyone as dead weight it would be her.

Give credit where it's due. It was Lana alone who spent years searching the galaxy for the outlander when everyone had given up hope, Lana who contracted the initial crew and Lana who devised the plan. Koth and T7 played key roles? Ha. All T7 & Koth were supposed to do was divert security and have the getaway shuttle ready to move. Jobs of which both of them failed miserably with Koth losing the shuttle and Vaylin, Skytroopers, Knights and even walkers raining all over the outlander's location. The only role they played was increasing the difficulty of the plan with their incompetence. The only one who deserves any semblance of thanks between the two is T7 for shutting down the turrets, which wouldn't have been required if Koth hadn't alerted the near whole of the military in the first place.

You were unaware of her extracurricular activities? Attempt to kill Satele and it's revealed that all outgoing and incoming mail transmissions (even Therons) go through Lana. At the end of Chapter nine, she mails the player to let them know she reworked an old system used by imperial intelligence to monitor the comm traffic of all personnel to insure their loyalty. In that same chapter she states that it was her agents in both Alliance and Imperial space that liaisoned the Alliance renegades while Theron apologizes for being off chasing the outlanders ship. At the end of the Hk mission, there is a mail which lets the player know that her agents are attempting to incorporate the shrouds intelligence base into the alliance while retiring the useless ones.

Equals? Lana is secretary, advisor and spymaster supreme of the alliance. Theron scouts talent (Jorgan, Mandalorians, Mx), slices systems and offers mission analysis such as with the star fortresses. Again, still important but nowhere near the equivalent of Lana's clout. Kill Theron and the Outlander loses out on potential, system resources and mission input. Kill Lana and the outlander not only loses their bureaucratic resources but the cat who watches for rats in their organization. I personally wouldn't feel right without Lana in the shadows watching my back for a traitors blade.

Edited by Aeristash

Give credit where it's due. It was Lana alone who spent years searching the galaxy for the outlander when everyone had given up hope, Lana who contracted the initial crew and Lana who devised the plan. Koth and T7 played key roles? Ha. All T7 & Koth were supposed to do was divert security and have the getaway shuttle ready to move. Jobs of which both of them failed miserably with Koth losing the shuttle and Vaylin, Skytroopers, Knights and even walkers raining all over the outlander's location. The only role they played was increasing the difficulty of the plan with their incompetence. The only one who deserves any semblance of thanks between the two is T7 for shutting down the turrets, which wouldn't have been required if Koth hadn't alerted the near whole of the military in the first place.

You were unaware of her extracurricular activities? Attempt to kill Satele and it's revealed that all outgoing and incoming mail transmissions (even Therons) go through Lana. At the end of Chapter nine, she mails the player to let them know she reworked an old system used by imperial intelligence to monitor the comm traffic of all personnel to insure their loyalty. In that same chapter she states that it was her agents in both Alliance and Imperial space that liaisoned the Alliance renegades while Theron apologizes for being off chasing the outlanders ship. At the end of the Hk mission, there is a mail which lets the player know that her agents are attempting to incorporate the shrouds intelligence base into the alliance while retiring the useless ones.

Equals? Lana is secretary, advisor and spymaster supreme of the alliance. Theron scouts talent (Jorgan, Mandalorians, Mx), slices systems and offers mission analysis such as with the star fortresses. Again, still important but nowhere near the equivalent of Lana's clout. Kill Theron and the Outlander loses out on potential, system resources and mission input. Kill Lana and the outlander not only loses their bureaucratic resources but the cat who watches for rats in their organization. I personally wouldn't feel right without Lana in the shadows watching my back for a traitors blade.

Let's not forget. It's her who gives you the title of Alliance Commander!

I really wish there was an easier way to multiquote on this forum >.<

Let's not forget. It's her who gives you the title of Alliance Commander!

I hate that title XD give me back my old titles!

The only incompetence I see in that scenario is Lana's. She was supposed to rescue you, protect you, she does nothing to avoid detection or disable any alarms before breaking you out, she doesn't try to be stealthy at all, it's her fault security is alerted. When the player says "this isn't a very big crew" her reply is "well it's the best I could manage" not very impressive. She couldn't even get a few extra people? Slicers to disable security? More troops to help protect you or someone stealthy to sneak you out? Another team to create a distraction somewhere else and draw the enemy off you? You can pretty much guarantee at this point there is no real alliance to speak of let alone a "spy network," just her, Theron, Koth, and a few others. You are then forced to fight even though you're weak because she can't do the job herself and are later shown an embarassing display of her lack of force powers when she can't even open a door (a task Vaylin later did easily and the jedi consular did easily on Taris). Koth calls and tells Lana to hurry up because the ship is sitting there exposed (and how could it not be?) and she basically tells him to shut up and "be patient" after which she doesn't hurry at all and what do you know it? Skytroopers find the ship. Even with T7's false alerts making it so not all of the skytroopers attack you at once, Vaylin tracks you down through the force, and Lana hadn't anticipated her at all even though she knew of her. Something that wouldn't have happened if the operation had been run with the subtlety and finesse you would expect from the minister of intelligence (though that title wasn't earned in the slightest) rather than a boorish smash and grab operation. Her role could have been filled by literally any character. Blizz could have filled her role.

So monitoring communications...that's supposed to be impressive? Again, multiple characters could fill that role. I never played that shroud chapter, nor do I have any interest in doing so but her having some underlings doing her bidding doesn't equal a spy network.

Equals? Lana is secretary, advisor and spymaster supreme of the alliance. Secretary? lol Also, all of the supporting characters advise you. Is "advisor" her official title because if so it's a pointless one since she's on the level of every other supporting character or do you mean she advised Darth Arkous? Because again, how is that impressive or useful? I again don't think of her as being a spymaster any more than Gault or Jorgan are. To me she's a nag that does nothing (but apparently reads everyone's emails so...yay?)Theron scouts talent (Jorgan, Mandalorians, Mx), slices systems and offers mission analysis such as with the star fortresses. Yeah, useful stuff. Again, still important but nowhere near the equivalent of Lana's clout. Kill Theron and the Outlander loses out on potential, system resources and mission input. Kill Lana and the outlander not only loses their bureaucratic resourcesWhat resources? If Lana died I doubt her underlings would just leave and even if they did, the outlander is far better at gathering support. Not to mention, if the outlander is a dark council member or empire's wrath, imperial forces would be tied to them anyway. but the cat who watches for rats in their organization.Anyone can monitor communications, Kira did it on my JK's ship (not to mention Lana surely isn't doing it all herself) I personally wouldn't feel right without Lana in the shadows watching my back for a traitors blade.And that's totally your right to feel that way.

How do you explain the Republic forces when you play a Sith?The fact that the outlander is hugely famous and is known for fighting with the republic on Yavin 4 and fighting the emperor on Ziost. Lana is an unknown.

Lana was the one searching for you the most (outside of possibly a few classes LIs). Instead of doing something more productive like trying to gather and lead a resistance on her own.

This isn't to say, I don't think Theron couldn't have been put in her place instead. Though, it was Theron who brought a whole lot of Jedi to Ziost. I really think her role in KotFE was incredibly generic and could have been filled by anyone. To be fair, most of the criticisms I have about Lana are general criticisms about BioWare's poor writing I thought she was good and had a more distinct use in SoR and Ziost. I feel like in KotFE they just shoehorned her in without really caring how she would fit or be distinct. She is the Liara/Leliana of SWtOR. She is the writer's pet who is shoved down our throats because the writers love her and want to shoehorn her in at every opportunity.

I wouldn't cut her as dead weight. She's been to useful. That was an exaggeration but really if I had to choose a supporting character to axe it would be her no question. Even Koth's crewmembers are more distinct and interesting. I understand there are plenty of people who like her but to me she's just "meh" just kind of there (ALL the time).

Edited by Nefla

I was thinking about the scene from the trailer and thought that maybe whatever faction we're associated with depends on who gets injured/hurt in that scene (if we ignore the possibility of him being dead)? It surprised me that Theron was there but not Lana but if it depends on our original faction maybe Theron was there because the trailers are from the POV of a JK? Maybe if the scene was from the POV of a SW for example it'd be Lana instead? Just throwing an idea out there for why Theron is there but Lana isn't. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I wouldn't consider Lana an unknown. While she likely doesn't have the fame of the Outlander, she was Minister of Sith Intelligence. That's likely going to have some fame behind it. Not to mention, she was there for SoR as well.

Now, not liking her is a whole different thing. I do feel they should have maybe made it so people could choose between 2-4 totalt characters to be the one to rescue you.

Would have been easy..."*groggy voice* This is going to hurt..." to which the player gets to pick 1 of 4 choices on the wheel...Lana, Theron, 2 others!

I've never really felt like Lana is hugely favored by the devs. It did bum me out that I had to wait 9 chapters for Theron while being stuck with both her and Koth but after chapter 9 it feels more balanced and by my own recollection I had more contact with Theron from there on out than with Lana. Perhaps there's some nuances I just haven't picked up on.

As a character I do accept her and I'm okay with her very existence but she's not my type and I do want her to be on equal foot with others. Or others with her depending how you look at it. If Theron is eligible for a certain death, that same certain death needs to apply to Lana. To Koth, to Senya. Theron rises above all three of those in my eyes, obviously but yeah.

I don't think she's special though. So she's the one to thaw us out, fair enough but that in no way makes her any better or any more special than Theron. He's doing a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff in Chapter 1-9 and once you meet him he's the one to bring in alliance guys, using any old contacts her can to assist you, going to meet people with you and basically busting his balls while Lana just spouts the occasional opinion. (mind you some of that may be because he's the one I'm always getting it on with, dunno Lana's involvement if you date her)

Lore wise, Theron most definitely takes precedent over Lana. Family history alone is enough to have her beat. Here you have a guy who comes from a loooong line of Force users, who's related to people like Bastila Shan, Revan, Satele Shan. Who can't use the Force himself and yet throws himself in deep each time risking his life and doing everything he can to make the galaxy a better place. Yeah, Lana pulls a d!ck move having him kidnapped but he breaks himself out. He's not sitting around waiting for some hero. And that's just a few of the reasons why Theron is superior compared to Lana.

General cutscene screen-time doesn't change based on your romance at all. Did notice that post ch 9 Theron only tags along with you for the starts of ch 10 and ch 11 , then its whoever you're recruiting or Lana, scorpio or Senya: those three mainly tag along for majority of the chapters not dealing with companion recruitment, meaning they stick around the entire chapter and fights, Lana for the entirety of ch 16. Speaking in the sense that those are the ones fighting with you through a chapter, or on their own in a cutscene with you.

The only thing romance changes is a line here and there, and two romance specific cutscenes, unless you romance Lana, then you get a ton more even post ch-9, Koth has understandably more romance content then everyone, except Lana, because he is actually brand new chracter, so far. everything else is the same people in scenes/conversations no matter what unless you killed/chased someone off. Just observing, not complaining. I am fine with how it's all played out so far. Looking forward to KotET since it's a direct continuation of the arc but with less filler.

General cutscene screen-time doesn't change based on your romance at all. Did notice that post ch 9 Theron only tags along with you for the starts of ch 10 and ch 11 , then its whoever you're recruiting or Lana, scorpio or Senya: those three mainly tag along for majority of the chapters not dealing with companion recruitment, meaning they stick around the entire chapter and fights, Lana for the entirety of ch 16. Speaking in the sense that those are the ones fighting with you through a chapter, or on their own in a cutscene with you.

Yeah, I hated that. Not only because it reduces the already short amount of time spent on Theron compared to Lana and Koth, but it kills replay value. In the 1-50 class stories, all of your companions had different dialogue and reactions and the NPCs would sometimes talk to them or mention them specifically so it was fun bringing different companions each time. KotFE is already so streamlined when it comes to replayability and that's just one more disappointing aspect. I'm happy that it seems they will be leaving the recruitment chapters behind in order to have a stronger and more cohesive story in KotET.

I've truly enjoyed all the little conversation exchanges with Theron, the meaningful looks and then FINALLY a kiss at the start of Chapter 9. All that was missing in my eyes was a little post CH9 'relaxing' moment with an actual conversation rather than one liners but overall I felt the attention from Theron and the focus on him was good.

All that was missing in my eyes was a little post CH9 'relaxing' moment with an actual conversation rather than one liners

Absolutely this. I would definitely pay for a bonus chapter reminiscent of Mass Effect's "Citadel" DLC where a bit of R&R for you and your LI naturally gets you mixed up in some evil plot to take over the galaxy.

For the location, I was thinking about a paradise planet along the lines of Star Trek's "Risa". Hey, humor, excitement, thrills and your LI in a bathing suit? Sign me up. :D

Absolutely this. I would definitely pay for a bonus chapter reminiscent of Mass Effect's "Citadel" DLC where a bit of R&R for you and your LI naturally gets you mixed up in some evil plot to take over the galaxy.

For the location, I was thinking about a paradise planet along the lines of Star Trek's "Risa". Hey, humor, excitement, thrills and your LI in a bathing suit? Sign me up. :D

That would be the homeworld of the Zeltrons, Zeltros, a planet that parties so hard that invading armies have just given up and joined the party. For the rest of their natural lifespans.

I've truly enjoyed all the little conversation exchanges with Theron, the meaningful looks and then FINALLY a kiss at the start of Chapter 9. All that was missing in my eyes was a little post CH9 'relaxing' moment with an actual conversation rather than one liners but overall I felt the attention from Theron and the focus on him was good.

This. Finally feels I actually have a romance with him!