Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did make a bit of an oops while showing the livestream. They were talking and then someone said 'if you decide to flirt with Lana" then the person next to him caught it and went "IF you can flirt with Lana", "Oh right, IF you can flirt with Lana"

Pretty much means looks like were going to be able to continue romancing her, which makes sense we should be able to with Theron as well :)

They did make a bit of an oops while showing the livestream. They were talking and then someone said 'if you decide to flirt with Lana" then the person next to him caught it and went "IF you can flirt with Lana", "Oh right, IF you can flirt with Lana"

Pretty much means looks like were going to be able to continue romancing her, which makes sense we should be able to with Theron as well :)

I'll be surprised if we're not allowed to flirt with at least all human species companions.

All the classes are merging into one storyline, so no point in giving the Agent and Smuggler the only flirt lines now. The question will be, will they push the romances into just a few choices and will they bring back some or all of the original romances?

Ugh. Too many feels from Dragon Age.

If we get to romance Theron... I don't want to GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN. DO YOU HEAR ME, BIOWARE? I want to get married, and have a (akk) dog. In reference to the new dlc. My poor characters have been through enough stuff! Stop making me feel things.

But I imagine we'll get to flirt with him, and romance him. I'm still holding onto my optimism! :p

I romanced Solas on my Lavellan. I know pain. At least Cullen had a happy ending.

I romanced Solas on my Lavellan. I know pain. At least Cullen had a happy ending.

You are not alone. That DLC was simultaneously the most heart-warming and the most heart-wrenching one I've ever played. *sigh* But Patrick Weekes isn't writing Theron, so we should be relatively safe... I hope...

Ugh. Too many feels from Dragon Age.

You are not alone in this. That DLC was the best thing I have ever seen. So many feels... too many feels.

Even tho I didn't romance solas but still the feels :(

You are not alone in this. That DLC was the best thing I have ever seen. So many feels... too many feels.

I'm STILL trying to process all the lore drops, too. I'm driving my husband insane... he hasn't played it yet. Can't until he gets back from Japan (deployed), but luckily he's coming back this week after 8 months. So I won't have to completely keep my mouth shut.

And yeah... I'm happy Patrick Weekes isn't writing Theron. Poor Theron... he'd be even more of a disaster magnet if Weekes got a hold of him :p An even more awesome disaster magnet... where he'd either... 1) Die being a hero like Mordin Solus... or... 2) Want to destroy the galaxy. The feels...

I honestly don't know. Theron gets involved in the weirdest, most dangerous stuff. I mean... running around in my underwear with a bent blaster pistol on an intelligent sith dreadnaught with a member of the Dark Council... that doesn't sound fun to me! Nice mental images though.

With him... it really could be anything! But... there will be explosions! And maybe we'll get to rescue him again :p

So IF he ends up being a companion- any theories on what his companion story line would be?

Maybe something to do with Satele and/or Jace, especially if one of them died during the timeskip. Either reconnect with them like he began to do at the end of Annihilation or honor them if they are dead.

Or maybe something to do with Gnost-Dural (PLEASE! This game needs more Lance Henriksen!)...

Or Tef'ith (She was funny in Annihilation and the mail the sends Republic players after Manaan or Rakata Prime is just hilarious.).

I honestly don't know. Theron gets involved in the weirdest, most dangerous stuff. I mean... running around in my underwear with a bent blaster pistol on an intelligent sith dreadnaught with a member of the Dark Council... that doesn't sound fun to me! Nice mental images though.

With him... it really could be anything! But... there will be explosions! And maybe we'll get to rescue him again :p

All of this. LOL

I don't see them killing Satele but Jace could be a possibility. You never know though. I still like the theory he is probably behind locating and breaking you out. We have mostly learned where Lana is, Theron is somewhere close, and the kind of danger it is to get you out, yeah that sounds about right. 300 on the 1 to 10 scale of danger level. Even if they are trying to keep the other from making any progress/tracking them as Lana says in RotE.

Rescuing him is also a high probability, or vice versa, or rescuing him and he's already got himself out.

Due to the time shift/relationship thing (even as a friend) or whatnot it looks like

Theron will be taking up your offer to join your crew. Him and Theran are going to be hilarious together, probably bickering the whole time.

Nontheless, it should be highly entertaining :)

[/Or maybe something to do with Gnost-Dural (PLEASE! This game needs more Lance Henriksen!)...

Or Tef'ith (She was funny in Annihilation and the mail the sends Republic players after Manaan or Rakata Prime is just hilarious.). QUOTE]

That would be awesome! Where is Gnost-Dural? I think I somehow totally missed him... Also Tef'ith's letter once I managed to decipher her writing was absolutely hilarious.

Hey all! :D

First time on the english forum as the french one is a desert (so I apologize now if I'll do mistakes in my post :D), no one is complaining about Theron there and I think that sucks! :mad:

I read a huge part of the thread (I'm a little crazy ... and I was mainly boring :p) and GOD ! :eek: I don't regret it! You're just amazing <3 (especially if you read while listening to "what is looooove 1h version" :cool:) Love to see all the support our awesome SIS agent gets! :p

My first charac who made SoR was my male BH and when I discovered Theron ... I just fkin fell in love with him! :eek: A bad-*** spy-hacker with secrets and troubles ... My LS BH only became a buddy to him but when I got to up my cipher ... just couldn't resist!! I admit it, at the beginning I was like "hell no, she's too busy for love!" :rak_03: and then I noticed the obvious ... their story is just compelling! I started to frantically click on "flirt" "flirt" "flirt" OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE ?! NOW SHE'S IN LOVE YOU RUINED YOUR OWN RP OF DS MERCILESS CIPHER 9!! :D I just loved how they're so different and so similar at the same time! The final scene at the end of SoR broke my heart, like a sort of "Moulin Rouge" scene "we're not from the same world so we can't be together blablabla". :( Then, I expected so much from Ziost but the Empire side romance is terrible, almost 5 lines of text ... SO disappointing. :mad: (That's why I made a 60 pages fanfic about it althought xD)

In brief ... You get all the support from a french Theronite here! :w_tongue:

Otherwise, I really hope that in KOTFE we will join a sort of rebellion with survivors from both Republic & Empire to fight back Valkorion! *_* (maybe we could find Theron there :p) About Lana yeeeeah ... hum. I just snub her all SoR and Ziost patch with my cipher (I'm a pretty independant Commander you know :D) so she would still save her from Valkorion's prison? It doesn't make a lot of sense :confused:

PS : I want a "He/She will be remember this." notification like in Telltale Games for npcs conversations! It'd be awesome *_*

I, too, would LOVE to see Gnost in game. However, his VO may just break the entire budget for KotFE.

In other news, Drew is coming back to SWTOR!! Which could be amazing news for us, since he is the author of Annihilation.

Drew is awesome, but he also wrote the abomination of a novel known as Revan. However, Drew's awesomeness far outweighs that little blunder, and I'll be glad when he comes back.

Drew is awesome, but he also wrote the abomination of a novel known as Revan. However, Drew's awesomeness far outweighs that little blunder, and I'll be glad when he comes back.

I don't want to make it look like is not responsible in any way but he probably had little choice in regards to the plot and characterization of the book.

Bioware probably told:

"Port Revan 300 years in the future, tie him to our new vilain and kill the Exile because Kotor 2 is less well-known than the first so no one will care."

At least, I suspect it's the case because everything in Revan is so far removed from his usual style and pacing it barely feels like a Drew Karpyshyn book/passion project and much more like a paycheck he took because he still worked at BW at the time.

Granted he could have just fu**** it up but even he doesn't seem to be satisfied with it (Kinda like the "Throne of Baal" novelization he did back in the days.

I don't want to make it look like is not responsible in any way but he probably had little choice in regards to the plot and characterization of the book.

Bioware probably told:

"Port Revan 300 years in the future, tie him to our new vilain and kill the Exile because Kotor 2 is less well-known than the first so no one will care."

At least, I suspect it's the case because everything in Revan is so far removed from his usual style and pacing it barely feels like a Drew Karpyshyn book/passion project and much more like a paycheck he took because he still worked at BW at the time.

Granted he could have just fu**** it up but even he doesn't seem to be satisfied with it (Kinda like the "Throne of Baal" novelization he did back in the days.

I'm hoping that's the case and he didn't pull a Karen Traviss (she killed Mara Jade while Timothy Zahn was writing a trilogy for her and he had to scrap it because the QA guys pushed the book through anyway. :rolleyes: ).

I did read that Drew didn't play KOTOR II at all and just skimmed the overview of it before writing Revan, which is probably why the Exile (who is more awesome than Revan, in my opinion) sounds like a padawan fangirl of Revan's and not the strong heroine from the game. Then again, Revan is a pretty pathetic character in the novel and I think Drew actually worked on KOTOR so *shrugs*. BioWare probably didn't want to heavily use the Exile because she is Obsidian's character, not theirs. Judging on how they portrayed her in both the novel and SWTOR, I'm glad they didn't showcase her as much as Revan. What a train wreck.

But like I said, that was just one misstep in a long list of awesome things Drew has done. I love his work on Mass Effect and I love Theron, of course!

Edited by Ellyria

I only read Annihilation. Revan didn't mean anything to me at all whatsoever. I knew him from those two flashpoints and the Shadow of Revan expansion. And some weird cult on Dromund Kaas. So, if his character was a woman/man/dog/bear/Cheesegrater I don't care.

I only read the Annihilation book before of Theron. I might try the others if it has Marr in it again, cause I liked how he wrote the peeps on the Dark Council. It's why I always boggle over people getting so worked up about characters I'd never ever heard of before SWTOR. (I never played KOTOR, never plan too cause they don't allow arrow key moving and I only move in games using the arrow keys).

But aside from that, I'd love for Drew to come back, just BECAUSE of Theron.