Theran Shan?

GorkieX

Hope everyone is doing a little better today. I will say, people are pretty upset in other places that we have no Theron news. I, too, believe if he is not in KotFE at all there will be outrage.

They wouldn't do that though, right? Right?! I mean he IS a LI for some of us, and removing our LI would be just cruel.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Theron will be in KotFE, and in a major role. And they're just not telling us about it, because they don't want to give away any part of the story.

He was featured in not one but two blog pieces ("Regrets" and "The Sixth Line Part Two").

I consider him to be a central and major character, and it would make no sense at all to have him killed off at some point off-screen.

My guess would be that we will meet him in chapter 11, "Disavowed".

That said, I would still like to just have confirmation that he will be there. Just a "Yes, Theron Shan will return". :cool:

I'm pretty sure Theron will be in KotFE, and in a major role. And they're just not telling us about it, because they don't want to give away any part of the story.

He was featured in not one but two blog pieces ("Regrets" and "The Sixth Line Part Two").

I consider him to be a central and major character, and it would make no sense at all to have him killed off at some point off-screen.

That said, I would still like to just have confirmation that he will be there. Just a "Yes, Theron Shan will return". :cool:

Just have to keep on believing. *cue Journey, Don't Stop Believing*

But yeah... a yes or no... would be really nice. It'd take a lot of mental stress off my shoulders. The more I think... the worse it gets.

It's like Cullen and Egghead from Dragon Age. They NEED their masses of fangirls (and guys)!

Edited by GabbyMe

Typical stubbly, dark haired, white human male jedi knight at that :/

I don't know. He looks pretty clean-shaven to me.

I was happy to see Doc, but the rest was kinda meh.

I already have an HK droid, no idea why they had to give us a second one. It's like a duplicate with a different customization (seriously, think of it).

And then Lana... that's a companion I won't be using at all. I suffered her parts in SoR because of how boring she is... and the fact that there's so much Lana in the new expansion kinda worries me...

I would seriously exchange all the companions they showed today for just 1 Theron Shan.

I'm pretty sure HK-55's personality is quite a bit different than HK-47/51. He seems to be programmed as a bodyguard rather than assassin. (Which in a way seems a little anathemic to, you know, Hunter-Killer, but whatever.)

As for Lana, I don't think she's a boring character; she seemed pretty LS on Rishi/Yavin except for that litte "throw Theron under the bus" lapse. It would be interesting to see how she managed to get so high into Sith society despite being more LS leaning, especially given her reactions and personality in the journal thing they had for her as an acolyte.

Why she went all angsty and stereotypical myopic Dark on Ziost and into KOTFE, I don't know. If you think she's boring now, just wait until October :p

There's also the leak. I am not too worried.

You should be. WoW has assets people have datamined that were added to the client literally years before they were actually used. Anyone remember the green Firehawk datamined in patch 4.1 with the Firelands raid (along with the purple meta-mount Firehawk and the red Heroic Ragnaros drop)? It didn't get added to the live game until 6.0; four years later.

Edited by Diviciacus

You should be. WoW has assets people have datamined that were added to the client literally years before they were actually used. Anyone remember the green Firehawk datamined in patch 4.1 with the Firelands raid (along with the purple meta-mount Firehawk and the red Heroic Ragnaros drop)? It didn't get added to the live game until 6.0; four years later.

Naah, I shouldn't. Worrying is bad for the heart.

It's also not just the leak, DesertusRatticus put it very nicely. And Theron has a unique model, devs admitted to liking him a lot... I just don't see him having just a minor role or getting cut altogether.

Don't forget the Path of the Titans that they promised at the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King, too. NEVER EVEN MADE IT INTO THE BETA. Sometimes they tend to over promise, and don't deliver. It was easy to accept in Wrath... but after a few more years. And becoming jaded towards the game... not flying in WoD and garrisons just did it for me. And I haven't subbed since the expansion dropped. Flying still isn't there, and they added the achievements... can complete them. BUT YOU CAN'T FLY STILL.

And I do remember those. Luckily I already had my Ironbound Protodrake from Ulduar hardmodes. Those firehawks, whilst cool looking... use the proto skeleton. But I'm not into mount collecting, or into raiding for the mounts only. I'm more of... 'oh, it drops a pet! Let's go!'

Blizzard is the reason why I still worry about leaked information. So much of it can be in the files, but never make it in game.

Edited by GabbyMe

Don't forget the Path of the Titans that they promised at the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King, too. NEVER EVEN MADE IT INTO THE BETA. Sometimes they tend to over promise, and don't deliver. It was easy to accept in Wrath... but after a few more years. And becoming jaded towards the game... not flying in WoD and garrisons just did it for me. And I haven't subbed since the expansion dropped. Flying still isn't there, and they added the achievements... can complete them. BUT YOU CAN'T FLY STILL.

And I do remember those. Luckily I already had my Ironbound Protodrake from Ulduar hardmodes. Those firehawks, whilst cool looking... use the proto skeleton. But I'm not into mount collecting, or into raiding for the mounts only. I'm more of... 'oh, it drops a pet! Let's go!'

Blizzard is the reason why I still worry about leaked information. So much of it can be in the files, but never make it in game.

You do realize they are adding flying in WoD? ( it isn't as simple as buying the license however :( )

Back on topic: I'd be super shocked if Theron didn't appear. I'm hoping he is at least a companion like Lana.

You do realize they are adding flying in WoD? ( it isn't as simple as buying the license however :( )

Back on topic: I'd be super shocked if Theron didn't appear. I'm hoping he is at least a companion like Lana.

Yeah. I'm aware. They added the achievements in 6.2 with tanaan jungle, but flying still hasn't been rewarded yet. Even if said achievements are completed. I'm sure the next patch will have it. I've just been jaded with blizzard for so long now. That I ultimately expect the worst from them.

I'm on the grumpy side, anyway. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Might as well be some sort of monster :p

And on topic... I think he will be, too. Someone mentioned Chapter 11 is called Disavowed. And that sounds like Theron to me. It might be why he's not mentioned at all... because it's in 'season 2', if I understood correctly from the stream.

One of them was me. I think I may have started it. I was pretty obnoxious about the whole thing lol. :p

I saw that lol Didn't know it was you. But I know you got me to post it once or twice!

Edited by GabbyMe

When I begin to play BioWares games I never believed how important part the romances would play for me in the end. I haven't been worrying about the Kofte in any other form but THIS: do we get Theron, and can my guys finally have a real, meaningful romance for Gods sake. I will take Kofte as it is and thank BW for it, but this is the only thing that worries me. It is that important. BW already went to Gay-land with Cytharat and Theron, there is ZERO reason to start back-pedaling now. And I dislike Lana. I want options. I want that option be Theron Shan. Even when I'm an Imp.

Long-time lurker, nervous about posting, please be gentle.

("Hi, my name is Suz. I'm addicted to Theran Shan.")

When I begin to play BioWares games I never believed how important part the romances would play for me in the end..

This is SO true for me as well. When I started playing, I didn't think I would care about the companion relationships in SWTOR at all, and they ended up being my favorite part of the game.

I understand why they need to avoid releasing too much information about KOTFE too quickly, but here's my dilemma with regard to companions... And yes, I know this makes me sound fan-girly, and probably kinda obsessive ... :D

All but one of my characters are married to a companion. And despite the unbelievably irresistible temptation that is Theron Shan, all of my married characters have been faithful to their spouses.

So far.

If Theron does end up being a companion... And if I knew for sure that there would eventually be new story content for my companion husbands... I would STILL continue to resist Theron Shan (as difficult as that is to imagine).

But if there's never going to be any new story content for the old companions... I would like to know NOW so I can go ahead and start flinging all of my characters shamelessly at Agent Fauxhawk StudFace the second that I see him. You know, in the interest of consoling myself, moving forward, etc. Ahem.

Sooo... assuming that Theron does become a companion, until we know if there's going to be new content for the old spouses... To do Theron? Or not to do Theron? That is the question.:confused:

I keep wondering if we even know for sure that there will be companion romance options at all in the expansion. Do we know that???

People spamming chat is why we don't get answers :p Everything goes by so fast!

Well, in my defense, I wasn't doing it before the site crashed lol. I did after it came back up. But if every 30 seconds to a minute is spam, well, guilty me I guess lol :D

I saw that lol Didn't know it was you. But I know you got me to post it once or twice!

We Theronites, need to stick together :D I'm glad some of us were on hand to show some love for our man :D

Edited by Lunafox

Well, in my defense, I wasn't doing it before the site crashed lol. I did after it came back up. But if every 30 seconds to a minute is spam, well, guilty me I guess lol :D

I just know, when I'm trying to read what's being said, and people keep spamming the same thing, it makes it hard to read anything, so at that point all the devs really need to answer is the questions they "manage" to be able to read in all the spam. It's plausible deniability for them :p "What? We didn't answer that at the twitch? Must have missed the question when the chat was flying by."

There is a bit of me that doesn't mind not hearing. There's so much unaccounted for time that it's easy for me to built headcannon (or write fanfic that shall never see the light of public). And this way even if he's only there for a bit I'll be going "Yay! He made it in!" As opposed to "Awww, that was it?"

I'm pretty sure HK-55's personality is quite a bit different than HK-47/51. He seems to be programmed as a bodyguard rather than assassin. (Which in a way seems a little anathemic to, you know, Hunter-Killer, but whatever.)

Except he's a droid, and it is possible to program a droid with other parameters. :) Besides which, I can see how a Hunter Killer would be an effective bodyguard... Track down potential threats to your meatbag body and kill them before they become actual threats. ;)

Sorry, just had to... :D

So, uh, Theron. They neeeeeeeeeeeeed to bring him back. :p

Oh Theron where are you?

Bioware must know we want him back ,so at this point I think they are teasing us with silence (I hope).

On another note here are San Diego Comic-con Cantina and PAX Prime Cantina links for my fellow Theron fans.

Never gave out links before so I hope they work.

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/1k3ooa

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/1k3ooc

But if there's never going to be any new story content for the old companions... I would like to know NOW so I can go ahead and start flinging all of my characters shamelessly at Agent Fauxhawk StudFace the second that I see him. You know, in the interest of consoling myself, moving forward, etc. Ahem.

Sooo... assuming that Theron does become a companion, until we know if there's going to be new content for the old spouses... To do Theron? Or not to do Theron? That is the question.:confused:

I keep wondering if we even know for sure that there will be companion romance options at all in the expansion. Do we know that???

I'm rather pessimistic about there being any meaningful development with our vanilla romances. There have been hints there might be something, but nothing definite, and given how Bioware likes to exaggerate, I wouldn't expect more than a line or two.

Personally, I'm flirting with Theron like crazy. I'd rather risk drama and then make up with my old spouses than miss out on Theron and find out my spouses still barely talk to me.

It would be cool if Lana rescues republic characters initially like in the demo but Theron rescues imperial characters >.< I want this to be the case really bad.

This would be really nice. I'm already bored of the whole "Lana rescues you" plot and I haven't gotten to play it myself yet :p

Ohh... and am I alone in thinking Koth looks freakish? In moments of intense paranoia I wonder if they are going to do away with our Theron and try to pawn Koth off as our new guy. :eek:

This would be really nice. I'm already bored of the whole "Lana rescues you" plot and I haven't gotten to play it myself yet :p

Ohh... and am I alone in thinking Koth looks freakish? In moments of intense paranoia I wonder if they are going to do away with our Theron and try to pawn Koth off as our new guy. :eek:

I think it would even out SoR & prelude where republic characters got more time with Theron and imperials got more time with Lana. If it was reversed in KotFE then it would give the opposite faction player more of a chance to get to know them better :) But yeah I've never thought Lana was particularly interesting either.

I don't think Koth looks bad, (he looks way better in game than in his concept art imo) but he's no Theron and if he replaces Theron I will instantly resent and hate him no matter how cool he might turn out to be. :mad:

Edited by Nefla

Hope everyone is doing a little better today. I will say, people are pretty upset in other places that we have no Theron news. I, too, believe if he is not in KotFE at all there will be outrage.

They wouldn't do that though, right? Right?! I mean he IS a LI for some of us, and removing our LI would be just cruel.

I hope not :(

I agree with this. Though I have to wonder he was disavowed in Revan

then was working to get back into the SIS active duty after being put on paid leave

I have to wonder if 5 years later he's still trying, that would be sort of weird. Also I will be sad if it takes until chapter 11 to get him, but it makes some sense with the title.

Lunafox, from watching a copy of the thing from last night- they did say multiple times and then reiterated that they won't tell us who is coming back. So all of the people spamming for Theron, its highly possible they did see it. They just refuse to answer it out of spoilers.

I just hope we can get a genuine romance with happy ending out of it. Empire was kind of a letdown after Revan, but its understandable the more I think about it. Super high tense stuff happening. At least we got the kiss. Time to move it forward. Especially if he thinks he lost you after 5 years, someone mentioned he would probably be guilt wrecked, and I agree. I would laugh if he tells the character they're not allowed out of his sight again, wait, next to him, behind his blasters, lol. I hope they don't wait that long in the story :(

There's also the leak. I am not too worried.

You should be. WoW has assets people have datamined that were added to the client literally years before they were actually used.

I really hope not

When I begin to play BioWares games I never believed how important part the romances would play for me in the end..

YES, I was trying swtor to take a break from wow for something different. When I realized you have companions, they are useful, then you actually had relationships with them I was in awe. Its so much fun, I love it, I think I play mostly for the companions now lol.

Agent Fauxhawk StudFace
Only your theme song is 'Secret Agent Man'

I could not stop laughing at these two, comments like this are why I freaking love this thread.

Actually I'm not sure. They said there will be consequences to cheating, they commented 'no time to get hitched' according to LadyChaos on youtube. So no idea, but it would be really dumb to remove that aspect from the storyline.

We Theronites, need to stick together I'm glad some of us were on hand to show some love for our man
I did on Reddit :D