Some of the most visible F2P restrictions need to go before Exp launch

Pietrastor

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Necro'd thread aside, they already told you why this wasn't implemented. Almost none of the F2P players were hitting the current warzone cap limit, so why raise it?

you do realize that it's not necro'd as long as people as posting?

as far as i'm concerned, i've never been ftp/preferred, so that sentence doesn't apply to me.

all free to play games do the same thing in one way or another.

The big difference is in how they go about doing that. Some games are designed to give the "free" player a great experience, with some extras they might like offered for $. Others give a solid experience but try to heavily push extras: stuff that a number of players might even consider necessities. Still others are designed to give a notably poor experience until the player shelves out some cash.

Where do you believe SWTOR fits in? Just curious.

The big difference is in how they go about doing that.

A. Some games are designed to give the "free" player a great experience, with some extras they might like offered for $.

B. Others give a solid experience but try to heavily push extras: stuff that a number of players might even consider necessities.

C. Still others are designed to give a notably poor experience until the player shelves out some cash.

Where do you believe SWTOR fits in? Just curious.

I'll take B for $1000, with the addendum that nothing that's restricted as a f2p is necessary.

Wildstar will take in a lot of F2P players since their only restriction is not being able to join or create guilds. All content is unlocked and nothing is nerfed for them.

Wildstar did F2P right, SWTOR did it horribly wrong.

Wildstar will take in a lot of F2P players since their only restriction is not being able to join or create guilds. All content is unlocked and nothing is nerfed for them.

And we know how well Wildstar is doing.

And we know how well Wildstar is doing.

Didn't do any better than SWTOR when it was p2p. Lasted longer too, one year then Wildstar went F2P, SWTOR took 6 months.

SWTOR did SO MUCH better...!

Edited by Killance

This isn't meant to come across as sarcastic, but I'm just genuinely curious. Other people have named other games saying '[this] game did F2P right'.

So my question is... how does 'Wildstar' make money? I assume it's an MMO with content cycles and...stuff. Do they release updates and content like SWTOR except as you say... "...All content is unlocked and nothing is nerfed for them."?

I'm honestly curious how games like this can release themselves in their entirety to players... why would I subcribe or spend money when I get everything? And thus... how do they make money?

The point is not to make the current or future subscribers drop to preferred. The point is to bring and keep people that leave soon after they are reminded that they are miserable f2p dorks.

If there is no incentive to subscribe, they won't. I can play LotRO just fine with Preferred (Premium there) restrictions, so I don't subscribe (although I have in the past).

So removing a few cosmetic and quest reward restrictions that don't affect the value of subscription will just help increase the population by bringing people from groups number 2 & 3. They might not spend a dime on the game eventually but at least they would play SWTOR and not other MMO. They would be present in the content 1-50 slowly leveling characters and thus increasing the population and the reception of the game.

We do not need to support "freeloaders" just to give subs more people to play with by making Preferred a viable alternative to subscribing. If they did that, more people would drop to Preferred (as I have done with LotRO).

One is making $100 milion a year...guess which one?

This isn't meant to come across as sarcastic, but I'm just genuinely curious. Other people have named other games saying '[this] game did F2P right'.

So my question is... how does 'Wildstar' make money? I assume it's an MMO with content cycles and...stuff. Do they release updates and content like SWTOR except as you say... "...All content is unlocked and nothing is nerfed for them."?

I'm honestly curious how games like this can release themselves in their entirety to players... why would I subcribe or spend money when I get everything? And thus... how do they make money?

When F2P releases, they're doing a remastered version of the game similar to FF14. Redesized stats, easier leveling experience and easier understanding of the game. They are also adding in a new dungeon and a new daily zone when F2P launches.

And yes, they plan on having gift boxes like every other MMO. And yes, they are still releasing content.

Edited by Killance

They sell their currency for cash. https://shop.wildstar-online.com/product/credd

In other words, they are worse than SWG's CM. Our CM gets us fufu gear and stuff to sell. Wildstar eliminates even the effort to list things on the broker and just sells straight in-game currency.

To be fair, EVE does that and it was widely praised for it. Wildstar took that idea and now WoW. It's a trend people are getting behind and also hurts credit/gold/plat sellers that spam chats. Won't get rid of them, but helps alleviate the problem.

Edited by Killance

To be fair, EVE does that and it was widely praised for it. Wildstar took that idea and now WoW. It's a trend people are getting behind and also hurts credit/gold/plat sellers that spam chats. Won't get rid of them, but helps alleviate the problem.

With purchasable credits, you can buy all of the best gear with cash and you are trying to contend that selling fufu gear that has nothing to do with getting better in the game is a wrong way of doing it?

It's even more funny knowing that you have to pay a sub to post that.

Didn't do any better than SWTOR when it was p2p. Lasted longer too, one year then Wildstar went F2P, SWTOR took 6 months.

SWTOR did SO MUCH better...!

OK. Wildstar is that way ------------------------>

See ya.

When F2P releases, they're doing a remastered version of the game similar to FF14. Redesized stats, easier leveling experience and easier understanding of the game. They are also adding in a new dungeon and a new daily zone when F2P launches.

And yes, they plan on having gift boxes like every other MMO. And yes, they are still releasing content.

So, how do you think Wildstar makes money? Since you did not answer the first time.

Edited by branmakmuffin

With purchasable credits, you can buy all of the best gear with cash and you are trying to contend that selling fufu gear that has nothing to do with getting better in the game is a wrong way of doing it?

It's even more funny knowing that you have to pay a sub to post that.

You can't buy the best gear. Crafted gear has never been top tier in Wildstar, hell it's weaker than dungeon purples in that game.

Raid gear has and always will be better than any BoE in Wildstar and with that your argument is invalid.

WoW is the same way, all the money in the world won't give you loot from Mythic raids.

As for "getting better" at the game, there is different skill levels for such an argument. Wildstar has 2 different raids, both leagues apart from each other in difficulty. First raid is easy, second raid makes people quit raiding because they can't pass for the first few bosses. And to even do the 2nd raid you need to clear the first raid first.

Again, argument invalid.

OK. Wildstar is that way ------------------------>

See ya.

So i'm not allowed to play multiple MMO's at the same time? I like both SWTOR and Wildstar and currently pay for both and play both.

-----------------------> Ignorance pole is over there

See ya.

Edited by Killance

You can't buy the best gear. Crafted gear has never been top tier in Wildstar, hell it's weaker than dungeon purples in that game.

Raid gear has and always will be better than any BoE in Wildstar and with that your argument is invalid.

WoW is the same way, all the money in the world won't give you loot from Mythic raids.

As for "getting better" at the game, there is different skill levels for such an argument. Wildstar has 2 different raids, both leagues apart from each other in difficulty. First raid is easy, second raid makes people quit raiding because they can't pass for the first few bosses. And to even do the 2nd raid you need to clear the first raid first.

Again, argument invalid.

Again, you are singing Wildstar's praises, yet here you are, paying to post here (unless you are on a free 7-day thngy).

You can play as many MMOs as you like. But if I truly disliked a game as much as you seem to claim you dislike TOR, I sure wouldn't waste money on it.

Suckerville is that way -------------------------->

Quote me when I said I didn't like it or called the game itself bad. I merely said that the F2P isn't good, never said the game itself was bad. If it was, I wouldn't be subbed nor would I have said in a previous post that I like it.

Reading comprehension classes are that way -------------------------->

Edited by Killance

Lure them in with free candy bar, ask for money for last bite, many will pay after tasting how delicious th beggining was. Don't put pepper grains in the first bite, most will just spew it out and never talk to you again.

Playing 8 class stories from levels 1-50 for free is the candy bar. Heck, that's the meat and bones of this game. That's a heck of a lot of content to get for not having to put down one red cent on this game. If someone wants to hide their headgear or color match while they are doing it, then they need to pony up. This is a subscription based game with a very liberal trial period. End of story.

Edited by TravelersWay

I think people spend way too much time dwelling on what F2P account can't do in the game. The amount of game content that is freely given to them is fairly substantial already.

I see nothing wrong with locking them out of cosmetic features that do nothing to prevent them from enjoying the 3 complete chapters of story content available across 8 different classes. Anyone who quits playing over something as arbitrary as hiding a helmet or unifying colors probably wasn't going to ever invest monetarily into the game's success for any amount of time that would make a difference over-all.

I guess many people were saying this but ill repeat again:

If F2P want more for free and Bioware will actually agree to remove restrictions, them Subscribers must be rewarded with compensations.

More perks, more CC per month, more prizes for being Subscriber.

If we will not getting those rewards - then what's the point?

F2P will get something for free and Subs (that actually PAYING for those perks) will have nothing in return?

Seems like a bs to me