South African Players Unite!

Boerewors

SWTOR is surprisingly a very very popular PVP game for PVP matches. Hidden Beks has a very very large South African guild on Republic side and it is a PVE server but the PVP matches are ALWAYS quick and very popular.

One of the ways to gear up for end game content is through PVP so it is done a lot in PVP matches.

I like a PVE server since you can quest in peace and not watch over your shoulder all the time and then if you want to PVP some then the PVP matches are very nice to queue up for as they are quick and can be fun too.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republican Knights is really the most chatty and friendly guild I have yet to come across and I am not biased. I tried a total of 5 guilds on imperial side (2 of them South African) and ALL of them were a bust, no one said even "hello" in guild chat when I greeted them so I have a benchmark of comparison.

I am still looking for a friendly guild on empire side with my 3 characters and I am not the only one feeling this way.

Come join us on republic in Republican Knights and you will see how chatty we are.

Cant seem to find any of those - when I try to add it says they dont exist??

EDIT : Managed to find Waansin - 2 seconds before they logged off -lol

Seem to be having hard time getting hold of someone online as well, but I will keep trying ;)

EDIT: And hope that at some point we can move our characters, currently got a lvl 50 on another server which would be great to move across :mad:

Edited by Goreon

hey guys/gals

got a couple of questions for you before i make my final desicion to re-do my toons on hidden-beks

1: Is it hard to find groups for flashpoints ? having a major problem of a time with that on sith-ari

2: Would you ladies and or gents help with a lower level guy wanting to do a lower level flashpoint?

and last one is: when do we hold a braai in game? :p

Have a good one

Since the game is pretty much top heavy now that a lot of people have hit 50, the lower level FPs are not run as much as they used to be, I know because I have many alts. Of course the fact that there is no LFG tool makes it frustrating to stand around fleet and look for a group. That said, they are run and I do see people advertising for them.

As you know, the game is easy to level, without FPs too.

The guild currently has a very even spread of levels from 10 to 50 and I am sure that you will find people to run with you, especially at night when we have 30 people or so on. We certainly will help if it is needed.

As for a braai... we had our first guild photo 2 weeks ago, I guess that counts ;-P

Since the game is pretty much top heavy now that a lot of people have hit 50, the lower level FPs are not run as much as they used to be, I know because I have many alts. Of course the fact that there is no LFG tool makes it frustrating to stand around fleet and look for a group. That said, they are run and I do see people advertising for them.

As you know, the game is easy to level, without FPs too.

The guild currently has a very even spread of levels from 10 to 50 and I am sure that you will find people to run with you, especially at night when we have 30 people or so on. We certainly will help if it is needed.

As for a braai... we had our first guild photo 2 weeks ago, I guess that counts ;-P

Sweet, will build my healer over on hidden beks, you guys reps?

Hi Guys,

A very hot hello from Pretoria... Sooo freakin hot the last couple of days! I was fortunate to be selected for BETA and had my pre-order down as soon as it was available on Amazon.

During pre-launch I created my characters on Hidden Becks but upon official release the waiting queue was 1.5-2 hours so I moved to Eye of Ashlanae where I now have 8 characters. (One of each class, thus 4 republic and 4 empire -> btw this is the best option for the upcoming legacy system).

My main is Zanicar (Jedi Shadow).

Let me know if any of you are on Eye of Ashlanae.

I also have a lot of active characters, both sides and BOY am I going to be ANGRY if the legacy rewards only apply to NEW characters created after 1.2. I can understand the playable races part yes, that can apply to new characters only but anything else will make my blood boil if I have to roll up a new character to get the benefit.

• 2 weeks later...
Which server for South African players have the lowest ping? I have a 1mbps line

The 1 with the lowest population. :p

Well any server is below 500ms. So it playable. As i played WoW on 800ms :rolleyes:

Sometime its also depends on your exchange, the distance away from exchange, ISP, server population, server specs, solar flares, how old is the line between our house and the exchange.

So many factors...

Hidden Becks with some SA Guilds ( Republican Knights, Misdirection, Curb Your Imperialism, those that i know) some ppl get 250 on this server.

I get 350-500 on Vodacom 3g. (telkom has given up on replacing stole lines in area)

Hope this helps.

Hi guys. I got a Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight. How do i transfer them from one server to BEks so i can join guild. Also cant load guild page.

Hi, Swito. Char tranfers is in the making but no eta, sp not gona happens soon.(2013?)

U have to reroll all your chars and start over...

If u looking for good pop and raiding Imp guilds, have a look at Frostclaw.

PM me for more info. :cool:

Hi guys. I got a Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight. How do i transfer them from one server to BEks so i can join guild. Also cant load guild page.

We have a nice big raiding guild on Hidden Beks for Republic, feel welcome to join us, guild page in my sig -)

Hi iam am on Freedom Nadd, think we should start a ZA Guild there with a nice Afrikaans name (like Boerewors from WOW) so that people can spot us

or if there`s a ZA Guild allready there let me know

My ping is about 209ms with a 10mb line (4mb mweb) for those who want to know

my Characters

SS'za (Male jedi Sentinal level 44)

and

Lea'ssza (fem Trooper level 9 at the moment) love Femsheps voice acting.

• 2 weeks later...