South African Players Unite!

Boerewors

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a few posts saying they ordered in November and are in ... not sure if they only trolling and stirring kak though tbh!

I would not be surprised if they were. It's sad that there are people out there who just like trolling forums...

Anyway, ya I would love to join up with you guys, will look you up as son as I'm in game. Look for ChromeDawn. We should try to draw some more RSA players in with us! Would be awesome!

I will join up on your server and look for you guys, do you also have an Imperial Guild or are we just using the same one for both?

I will also create my eight characters first before anything else.

Also following the twitter feed, though I don't have a twitter account, this is the first time I have even felt the slightest desire to use the service. It's just that no one i know uses it.

I will be creating a South Africa - Republic - PvP server guild. I will probably get in tomorrow as I ordered on the 28 July and the final wave of invites today was the 27th and some of the 28th. I will look for a good EU High pop low latency server and then post here where I am.

The reason were going pvp server is the friends im playing with, and myself, mostly agree pvp server are just better and more fun. Republican Knights would have been awesome if we wanted to be on a PvE server, but alas, we don't always get what we want :D .

On a side note, do you know at what level you can create a guild?

Hey -Oz- if you're starting PvP guild then head on over to Bloodworthy (EU PvP Server). Getting a nice latency of just over 200ms and its starting to fill up nicely. Any other SA players who cant suffer playing on a PvE server should join too. Hope to see more of us online soon.

P.S the game is just UNBELIEVABLY good! Cant believe how much fun I had last night levelling my Consular up to 10 and then doing Esseles before hitting the hay at like 01:00... (I know we all have to work... =( lol)

You can create guild for 5000 credits on the Republic capital ship. After you leave starter planets! Btw Looks like amazon.com starts shipping tomorrow, We'll probably still be blocked outta the game for a few days until our physical copies arrive though!

Republican Knights Website and Forum

Come join us ;-)

To join you need to "apply" to join the guild, this is just an application to actually get forum and site access, not in game guild access, that will have to be managed in game. As soon as I have a character in game I will put up officer names who can invite in game.

There should be a guild search option in game which will allow you to find someone from the guild to invite you in game.

Also, once I am in game I will take any forum application and convert it into an in game invite as well, as soon as you have entered your character name in the guild roster.

Note: I am still working on the ins and outs of the website/forums so it will change. Any suggestions/tips are welcomed! Put em up on the forums in there.

You can create guild for 5000 credits on the Republic capital ship. After you leave starter planets! Btw Looks like amazon.com starts shipping tomorrow, We'll probably still be blocked outta the game for a few days until our physical copies arrive though!

Dont think so buddy, checked my order from amazon and still says shipping the 21st december...;)

Dont think so buddy, checked my order from amazon and still says shipping the 21st december...;)

heres the link : http://torwars.com/2011/12/13/swtor-shipping-update-amazon-mailing-game-boxes-dec-15th/

stone the doubter!!

/throws stones

They are updating the accounts, just check into your amazon account every now and then!!

=D

Edited by geezy

Hey -Oz- if you're starting PvP guild then head on over to Bloodworthy (EU PvP Server). Getting a nice latency of just over 200ms and its starting to fill up nicely. Any other SA players who cant suffer playing on a PvE server should join too. Hope to see more of us online soon.

P.S the game is just UNBELIEVABLY good! Cant believe how much fun I had last night levelling my Consular up to 10 and then doing Esseles before hitting the hay at like 01:00... (I know we all have to work... =( lol)

That's great news. Are you playing Republic? Are you part of a guild already or planning on creating one? I was just going to create a guild for the sake of just getting people together, if you have one already, maybe we can join you? Or if not, you can join us. It's more just to be part of a guild and be social while playing.

heres the link : http://torwars.com/2011/12/13/swtor-shipping-update-amazon-mailing-game-boxes-dec-15th/

stone the doubter!!

/throws stones

They are updating the accounts, just check into your amazon account every now and then!!

=D

Well lets hope and pray that we get it before xmas then lol...

but then again we live in sa. once it hits our shores it will take 3 weeks to do anything lol(no offence to anyone) things just move at a snails pace in sa.

Well lets hope and pray that we get it before xmas then lol...

but then again we live in sa. once it hits our shores it will take 3 weeks to do anything lol(no offence to anyone) things just move at a snails pace in sa.

As sad as that sounds ... I am inclined to agree :(

same here. and if you checked the amounts when you ordered there was like a R80 levy for TAX on our side.. R80 to slow down my delivery? come now! lol.

-Oz- ===> Not part of a guild, didnt wanna do it pre-launch. When you get in join Bloodworthy server and invite my Character "Jaarvis". Will def join your guild and will help with the 5000 credits if you need. my brother will be getting into early game access soon too so thats another to our lil guild.

Sounds great. There is only 4 of us so far, just me and some mates. I ordered on the 28th July and the last wave yesterday had 27th and some of 28th, so I should be part of the first wave today. Getting off work early at 4, so going to be a good playing session tonight.

Sounds great. There is only 4 of us so far, just me and some mates. I ordered on the 28th July and the last wave yesterday had 27th and some of 28th, so I should be part of the first wave today. Getting off work early at 4, so going to be a good playing session tonight.

sweet man. I'll be on from just after 5, so add "Jaarvis" as friend and we can discuss starting a small local guild then. What I'm thinking is we have a lil guild for now, cos most Flashpoints you do with 4 guys anyway and then when they start adding more guild functions, like guild rating and eventually guild capital ships , we can try be a section of a bigger guild. Just a thought.

Hope the working day flies by today. Have a strong feeling it wont though. sigh. ;)

Another SA player here.

I'm still undecided as to what type of server I want to play on. I'm leaning towards PVE since I've always played on the carebear servers in other MMOs, but I'm very tempted to roll on a PvP server this time. Luckily I seem to have a choice of both PVP and PVE servers for SA guilds, and seeing how I'm still waiting for my EGA invite I still have time to make up my mind.

Bad news ... just been online with Amazon:

You are now connected to AJEEBUL from Amazon.com.

Me:Order No: I would like to know if the Announcement regarding SWTOR shipping also applies to my address in South Africa? Will this product be shipped earlier for me as well? And if when abouts will the new delivery date be from?

AJEEBUL:Hello, my name is Ajeebul. I'll be happy to help you today.

AJEEBUL:Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Me:No problem. Thank you.

AJEEBUL:Thanks so much for waiting.

I have checked and found that this shipping offer only applied on the order within US.

Me:But the Announcement clearly states that International buyers will also benefit from an earlier shippment schedule now as well? So in this case is there no way my order can be escalalted and shipped earlier???

AJEEBUL: I am sorry but we don't have such information. May I know that from where you get to know that International buyers will also benefit from an earlier shippment schedule now as well?

Me:Quoted as below Amazon Game Room says:

(AMAZON OFFICIAL)

Hello,

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

New Estimated Delivery Times for the Contiguous US:

* Release Date Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* One-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Two-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Standard Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

* Super Saver Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

Once we've finished updating the orders, you'll be able to find your updated Estimated

Since extremely limited quantities of the Collector's Edition are available, we recommend not canceling an order for this edition unless you do not intend to order it again. Please note that customers who cancel and attempt to re-order the Collector's Edition may lose their place in line.

Please note that official game access is scheduled to begin at 12:01 a.m. on December 20, 2011. BioWare will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the game. You will be contacted in-game with details on this planned outage and when you can expect all servers to be back online.

We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the game.

Amazon Video Game Editors

--> Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

AJEEBUL:Please allow me a moment, let me ask this to my supervisor.

Me:Thank you.

AJEEBUL:Thanks so much for waiting.

I have asked from my supervisor and get that this offer is not for South Africa.

Once again we have to face disappointment :(:(:(. Anyways and so we will carry on waiting for EGA ...

Edited by Schacherl