Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What does 1M Credits get you in this Event?

XiliX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if my sarcasm was too subtly :)

I'll be less so - the amount of people who have a friend/mate who got a rancor within the first 10 tokens they used - I call BS, there, better :)

Yeah I haven't really seen to many kingpins at all even at the fleet, while everyone and all there friends and guildies got the rancor in only 200k seems weird

1M cr gives you the chance to have a chance to get a chance at maybe getting a chance to get....

a result.

I spent 300K and got nothing. I also learned that i did it wrong, as i had bought a few kingpin tokens with that 300K. Had i bought strictly smuggler's tokens, well i might have gotten the same result, but we'll never know. I might try with another 300K later on.

Those damn Hutts & their rigged Slot Machines!

1M credits & all I got was 1 lousy Golden Certificate! :mad:

Have you read Dulfy's event guide?

You really have to play the 1K chips and parlay those into Kingpin chips. Your odds increase by ~10X that way (accounting for free rolls, smuggler's luck, etc.)

LOL, people are buying OP's bantha poodoo. Played 1M and all he got was 1 golden cert. Only way that happened is if he bought chips and then threw most of them away without actually playing them on the slots.

Oh wait, he bought the kingpin chips directly for 50K each, and then had some really bad luck. I forgot you could do that, because who in their right mind would buy the 50K chips unless you have so many credits you don't care. And if you have that many credits why would you complain about spending 1M?

LOL, people are buying OP's bantha poodoo. Played 1M and all he got was 1 golden cert. Only way that happened is if he bought chips and then threw most of them away without actually playing them on the slots.

I used all the 900 blue coins I bought for 40m, all with luck buff too, and got 1 rancor, all achieves, 10 speeders, and like 220 tickets

Edited by Theeko

I didn't know there was a "strategy" to the slot machines.

Started out with buying 5K worth of the Green Tokens. I was surprised to end up with 3 Blue Tokens.

Switched over to buying the Blue Tokens.

Didn't get the achievement for a blown up machine.

Walked away, broke, with the one worthless Gold Certificate.

The Hutts could have at least comped me a Twi'lek. Hell, in Vegas I could have been getting a BJ while throwing away 1M.

This is very true. If you know the way to play, then you can get everything relatively cheap. I got all the rewards (drop & vendor) the first time with a little less than 1.2M spent. The only thing I didn't get was the damn slot machine blowing up achievement.

I don't buy it until I hear what it is. Unless of course you're simply talking about smuggler chips to get king and using the lucky buff.

Edited by Criosdh

I don't buy it until I hear what it is. Unless of course you're simply talking about smuggler chips to get king and using the lucky buff.

There's another theory. Every five-ten minutes or so, your luck changes - you either get several certificates in a row, constant wins and so on, or constant "red screens" and no winning anything good, even luck buff evades you. It might be my imagination, of course. But that's how I played - I only approached the kinpin machine during the "constant wins" phase(particularly after a smugger jackpot/double chips/stuff like that), and that increased my "certificate wins" to 25k per cert. I also won three rancors, having spent about four mil.

There's another theory. Every five-ten minutes or so, your luck changes - you either get several certificates in a row, constant wins and so on, or constant "red screens" and no winning anything good, even luck buff evades you. It might be my imagination, of course. But that's how I played - I only approached the kinpin machine during the "constant wins" phase(particularly after a smugger jackpot/double chips/stuff like that), and that increased my "certificate wins" to 25k per cert. I also won three rancors, having spent about four mil.

This is true. For anyone who has played enough, you certainly start seeing a win pattern emerge. It's about every 5-10 minutes, followed usually by a larger then normal streak of losses for a minute or two. The key is running 2 machines at once during the high pay loot window, whether smugg machines or kingpin's with the buff active.

It's better to play 2 smugg machines until you have a nice big chunk of kingpin chips, then get the buff and then run over and play the kingpin machines. And if you can time it during the loot window, you will be golden, especially if you are running two kingpins at once (since it tends to give you double jackpots).

Just shows how bad my Luck is, I guess. :jawa_frown:

Then again, after spending $200 (real money) on the DeepCore Hypercrates & not getting a Monocycle, I should have known better than risk all of my credits. :t_frown:

• 1 month later...
I recently spent about 400 k and got 21 golden certificates and the rancor mount, which was my goal. The expected rate for a rancor,based on average is 1 in 1111 kingpin coins. Based on the 0.09 percent odds with the buff

My only frustration is that I've exploded a machine numerous times yet haven't won the rancor - so I'm hitting the most unlikely event more times than the rancor!

I've spent a lot of credits and it's on the rancor I still require - for 100% achievement and completion. Think I'm gonna have to give up on this one :)

I've done the mats, and for a stack or 99 smuggler, you get on average 1 golden certificate from the Smuggler machine and 3-5 wins from the King Pin if you always use the lucky buff. For the average amount to get the rancor it's around 36 stacks that are needed or around 3.6M credits using the Smuggler chip and using the Feeling Lucky Buff.

If you don't use the buff and buy directly King Pin token, for 1M credits, you would be lucky to get 2 or 3 wins from the machine.

I gave up on the Rancor after two runs of this event, perhaps next time it will be around.

I have no idea how much credits spent but I have like 7 Vectrons and all other achievements (including the blow up machine that they say is even more rare)

I gave up on the Rancor after two runs of this event, perhaps next time it will be around.

I have no idea how much credits spent but I have like 7 Vectrons and all other achievements (including the blow up machine that they say is even more rare)

I got the Vectron but gave up on the Rancor. Since I already have the account unlock for the Ridgeback Rancor I figure it wasn't worth dropping big money to get this one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.