Quesh Huttball and pass to third level

Glower

I hope to God some of you do this third level pass while playing with the devs this weekend.

Be sure to tell everyone that the map is complete **** while you do it.

+1

this possibility of pass is stupid..in a warzone already full of bugs..

Edited by Thaladan

I honestly like this map simply because they decided to do something different and try a map that actually takes advantage of the Y axis. Pretty much most of the maps in SWTOR are in terms of map design practically flat.

The only changes I would make is a slight increase in the height of the third floor and changing the third floor access ramps so that the base of the opposing ramps are not so close together. You really shouldn't be able to kill the opposing ballcarrier and then immediately turn around and run up to your scoring zone.

I would also like to see the third floor pipe changed to it connects with the main third floor platform at the acid trap rather than behind the trap.

I hope to God some of you do this third level pass while playing with the devs this weekend.

That map doesn't pop on the PTS as the PTS is currently limited to only maps with node objectives.

I actually just found out you could do this the other day. Granted I was in comms with the ball carrier, I didn't know it was an option. This isn't something a group of pugs would likely be able to pull off, because you'd have to see the person on the third floor, and without having called it there's no way we would have got that pass off.

I'll add, clearly the vertical distance for throwing is a lot more generous than the horizontal distance.

Since this map came out in March of 2014 I have yet to see a preformed groups coordinating their passes in the way you described. Heck, in the original huttball map which is now 4 years old I never saw this.

I don't know what to tell ya man....if you don't see people pulling this off on a semi-regular basis then you must not pvp much. In fact, from your wording I'd wager you don't know what we're talking about. The reason this doesn't happen in regular huttball is because it simply isn't possible. Reg. HB requires the ballcarrier to clear the Ball spawn area (mid), drop into the pit, get within a reasonable distance of the opposing ledge and then pass to a receiver. Queshball just needs the ball carrier to walk 30 steps and pass. There's no pulling the receiver from down there and no leap to intercept because the opposing team cannot target the receiver (due to LoS reasons).

This isn't something a group of pugs would likely be able to pull off, because you'd have to see the person on the third floor, and without having called it there's no way we would have got that pass off.

I'll add, clearly the vertical distance for throwing is a lot more generous than the horizontal distance.

You don't have to "see" the recipient; merely have him targeted and then spam the Huttball throw keybind.

Edited by stridemachine

I just don't get this argument.

First and foremost, you can do almost the exact same thing on the original Huttball map. Post a man on the side of your opponent's lowered scaffolding -- preferably a stealth, a dasher, or a leaper. You can score every fifteen seconds or so. I have done this in PUGs. The only reason it doesn't always work is because (bad) players like to turtle on the goal line … and that actually makes it easier to score as a group and push it through.

Second, as others have said, it's just so rare to see this. On Shadowlands I don't think I've ever seen it done, offensively or defensively. Actually I take that back: I tried it once myself; noticed that a teammate was on that top platform, made the pass, ran back to the ball spawn, and heard the ball change hands. :(

Premades? Premades are going to own you on most maps, especially Huttball. Most of the premades I see on this map just throw to the side of middle platform; it's safer and usually faster. PUGs with that level of coordination are almost unheard of.

Thirdly, and I can't stress this enough, control the ball spawn. For Frank's sake, that's Huttball 102. They can't pull off that three story pass if they don't have the ball.

First and foremost, you can do almost the exact same thing on the original Huttball map.

You can prevent it very easy in original Huttball. Just leap on this steather, or knock him, or pull him. It's very easy (for pugs) and fun (at least for me) even if your team can't score at all. :) On the other hand... It's very hard to do it in Quesh Huttball and its not fun at all.

And it's pretty often on my server. Maybe on your server you don't have premades with TS . ;)

First and foremost, you can do almost the exact same thing on the original Huttball map.

The biggest difference with this tactic in original huttball vs quesh is that a defender on the bottom floor(pit) can still stop the ball carrier by A) using pulls and B) intercepting the pass with a leap. Because of LoS and targeting issues, this simply isn't possible in Queshball.

, control the ball spawn. For Frank's sake, that's Huttball 102. They can't pull off that three story pass if they don't have the ball.

That in no way justifies the mechanic, but thanks for sharing!.

The biggest difference with this tactic in original huttball vs quesh is that a defender on the bottom floor(pit) can still stop the ball carrier by A) using pulls and B) intercepting the pass with a leap. Because of LoS and targeting issues, this simply isn't possible in Queshball.

That in no way justifies the mechanic, but thanks for sharing!.

On the original Huttball, that assumes you have a puller and/or leaper in position to make that stop. The same is true of Queshball: a puller or leaper on the middle platform can make that stop.

On the original Huttball, that assumes you have a puller and/or leaper in position to make that stop. The same is true of Queshball: a puller or leaper on the middle platform can make that stop.

I think we're both kind of stunned people insist that preformed groups use 2 stealthers to receive passes on a "semi regular" basis to perfectly defeat anybody 6-0 in quesh huttball.

It will work against bads maybe but against 8 good players playing with only 6 people isn't going to end well.

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

I think we're both kind of stunned people insist that preformed groups use 2 stealthers to receive passes on a "semi regular" basis to perfectly defeat anybody 6-0 in quesh huttball.

It will work against bads maybe but against 8 good players playing with only 6 people isn't going to end well.

For clarification's sake, both of you are fine with passes from the ground floor to the third floor in Queshball?

For clarification's sake, both of you are fine with passes from the ground floor to the third floor in Queshball?

To be blunt, it's not even really the ground floor: it's the raised corner platform leading up to the the middle level. In order to get there, a player has to walk about the same distance as it would take to walk to the back edge of the center scaffolding -- another few steps forward and you can actually pass to the end zone platform. The only real difference is that map funnels the other team directly at you instead of off to the side.

Is that a yes?

Absolutely 3rd story passing is okay by me.

On the Harbinger the 3rd story pass happens but it's rare. It's even more rare for a preform group to have two dedicated stealth receivers camping certain locations instead of just killing everybody and walking the ball across the line.

Maybe things are different on other servers but the policy on the Harbinger for preform groups seems to be to kill anyone who goes near their ball carrier.

A bit slow yeah... But can anybody explain to me why it's possible to pass right to the third level from the bottom? Not to this small platform (tiny platform in front of balcony) but right to the top level?

Maybe Bioware thought that it is impossible to make a direct pass to the top level but only to this small platform? Maybe this is a bug or lack of design and it was not intended by devs?

No bug just bioware likes giving unfair advantages to premades so everything is working as intended. If you have voice comm and a stealter class you can score easy goals and steal all the fun from game.