Is this the vocal minority?

Retro-

All of the complaints on the forums, all of the QQ and whining about how bad this game is, and all of the people saying that this is a SP game with fail MMO mechanics... Is this the vocal minority or just the majority? I really love this game and I want it to succed, I know swtor has a a great future ahead of it with patchs coming and more content, but why are people just degrading this game so so bad. Every time I read the forums its just constant negativity and crying going on. Can't we just get server forums already so we can communicate with like minded people who actually want to play this game, instead of just basically reading the QQ forums.

I mean how many of you people actually love SWTOR and will be playing this game for years to come?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean how many of you people actually love SWTOR and will be playing this game for years to come?

How can anyone possible know that at this point. The only thing people know now is whether or not they are going to resubscribe after their free time or not.

The only reason I'm here, and not playing, is because I'm working. Otherwise I would not be here, but I would say yes, it's a hugely vocal minority. I was on WARs boards after release and the hate threads dwarfed these. So, by that bit of unscientific polling, I think SWTOR is achieving pretty good success.

vocal minority is just a buzzword meaning "anyone who disagrees with me", its used as a subtle way to say "Oh, they're just the minority, their complaints mean nothing"

pretty much this

this is a singleplayer/coop game, not a MMO, fanboys gonna fanboy

i do love swtor but i sure wont pay a sub for a singleplayer game.

Edited by Shortcake

Server forums will not be implemented (already confirmed), now there's a worthy topic to QQ about. What a retarded move from BW, and will cost subs guaranteed.

I'm a bit disapointed about that too, but do you really think many will call that 'game breaking' enough to quit over? Most people never even look at the forum.

In general, yes, the malcontents on any game forum are the vocal minority. People who are happy are playing the game, and don't feel a need to come to the forums to complain about stuff. I mean, what's someone who's happy going to do? Come to the forums and talk about how great their favorite feature is? That never happens.

That's why game forums are almost always negative, nasty little cesspools. They're mostly a place for people who are unhappy to vent about their particular personal issues.

For what it's worth, I love the game. I'm just keeping myself busy while T7 gathers up some stuff for me.

Edited by imtrick

Look at it from a customer service standpoint, which is more or less what these forums are - another form of customer service. When was the last time that you called your phone company, credit card company or ISP because you wanted to tell them how great they were? Never. You only call customer service if you have a problem. Let's just wait and see how many people stick around after the free 30 days have expired and let the numbers speak for themselves. Then you'll see these complaints are coming from a VAST minority, I'm sure.

Server forums will not be implemented (already confirmed), now there's a worthy topic to QQ about. What a retarded move from BW, and will cost subs guaranteed.

... right. Because servers forums have always been a helpful place for people to gather and discuss exciting adventures. Oh wait no it was actually a place for basement dwellers to spam their latest ganking or pve achievements and show to the world how awesome they are.

I don't care about server forums and it's the same for a lot of people I bet. Heck just get on an unofficial forum, that's what people in Aion did and it worked fine.

I'd say it's a vocal minority for sure. There are more than a million people playing the game but lets just say there's only 1 million playing - if even a tenth of them were so dissatisfied with the game that they all made threads -and dissatisfied people always make threads- then the forums would be many, many times more busy than they are at present. Instead there are over a million playing and a few hundred whining. That's not even a minority, it's a "such a tiny number they don't even matter -ity".

The game has some issues.

I only find 1 to be SERIOUS (ability delay).

Then theres a few others i place highly on the list of want to see change.

Sharding(ugh i understand why they did this but this needs to go FAST or the cap of each shard needs to be tripled)

Social Armor Scaling to Class Armor

Twi'lek Lekku and headgear(relatively minor so no rush)

That being said, I love the game, I will be subbed for a while at least unless the ability delay doesn't get changed.

I love it - making mutiple alts.

As long as they keep adding new content - not that I have finished the original content yet - I will be a long and happy customer.

Making a feww healers first - then maybe a tank.

Still looking for a good guild though.

Lord C - English RP-PVP server.

I honestly can't wait till the first month is over and the freebies quit, with over 2.5 million pre-orders, if over a million left I really wouldn't care.

hell I'd be happy with a pop of 500k dedicated and nice community.

Every new MMO that has launched over the past few years, their forums are exactly like this, kids whining it's not "WoW"

... right. Because servers forums have always been a helpful place for people to gather and discuss exciting adventures. Oh wait no it was actually a place for basement dwellers to spam their latest ganking or pve achievements and show to the world how awesome they are.

I don't care about server forums and it's the same for a lot of people I bet. Heck just get on an unofficial forum, that's what people in Aion did and it worked fine.

Actually, a little from column a and a little from column b... this is the internet we're talking about. They let anyone in.

All of the complaints on the forums, all of the QQ and whining about how bad this game is, and all of the people saying that this is a SP game with fail MMO mechanics... Is this the vocal minority or just the majority? I really love this game and I want it to succed, I know swtor has a a great future ahead of it with patchs coming and more content, but why are people just degrading this game so so bad. Every time I read the forums its just constant negativity and crying going on. Can't we just get server forums already so we can communicate with like minded people who actually want to play this game, instead of just basically reading the QQ forums.

Take things with a grain of salt..ask around on your server what everyone,s opinion of the game is. That should give you a good idea on the current state of the game.

If the current numbers are true, there are 1 million people playing the game. There are 15 negative posts on the general forums... does 15 negative opinions represents the entire community?

The forums allows an area for the vocal minority to come to one area and post their opinions....

Please remember that it is opinion and not fact..

There are people that want swtor to be wow in space.

There are people that want star war galaxies part two.

There are people'that want open world hard core game play.

There are other people that want some other type of mom that has never been created an d will never be created.

Until these groups get what hey want, then all MMOs will fail.

In their mind.

Well since almost all the people chatting in game seem to love the game and its really only the ones here on the forums complaining. I would say that yes they are the vocal minority.

People come here and use their time to post because they care about the game and are passionate enough about it. I think most of the criticism comes from players who genuinely want the game to succeed and improve - they just get caught up in their passion so much that what should be thoughtful posts become emotional rants.

I think it's better to have people expressing their hope that the game will become better and fix certain problems, than for people to just not care and silently quit.

Edited by Adalace

People come here and use their time to post because they care about the game and are passionate enough about it. I think most of the criticism comes from players who genuinely want the game to succeed and improve - they just get caught up in their passion so much that what should be thoughtful posts become emotional rants.

I think it's better to have people expressing their hope that the game will become better and fix certain problems, than for people to just not care and silently quit.

I really like your optimism, and I'm inclined to believe you when it comes to a few of our beloved users, but most really just don't like this game and take personal offense to their dislike of the game.

Sad :C

vocal minority is just a buzzword meaning "anyone who disagrees with me", its used as a subtle way to say "Oh, they're just the minority, their complaints mean nothing"

not at all.

Before the game launched and you could add polls in the Beta forums (forums for people who were in beta played the game) There was even more threads about how this game was broken and this game is fail then there are now.

So a poll went around that asked what would you rate the game between 1-10

out of 5,500 people

93% of them rated the game as a 8 or above.

around 5% rated it at a 5 or below.

So yes there is such a thing as a vocal minority.

They have 1 million accounts most people are playing the game and having fun. A very small group is here complaing.

Just look at any of these complaint threads and for every 1 person complaing you will find 10 people who in that same thread are enjoying the game.