The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's your pvp build?

Fordbird

Basically just as the title asks. I'm an experienced player/pvp'er but I'm totally green when it comes to vanguard dps. I'd like to know what utilities are best for a Tactics spec Vanguard for pvp, or rather what different utilities peeps chose, and why. Thx for the help :)

I play tactics so thats what i am going to talk about. For the first tier of utilities, Entangling Heat (TAC surge causes 50% slow) and Muzzle Augs (increases Tac surge range by 10m) are almost always chosen due to the ability it gives Vanguards to stay at range and kite. Battlefield training is also good because the extra combat movement speed helps kite and is beneficial in huttball. These are pretty standard picks.

For the next tier I usually pick Advance the Line (increased duration of hold the line) because again, in PvP the more mobility you have the better. I also pick electro shield (reactive shield does damage) just for the extra damage.

For the final tier I have a hard time picking just two, so I switch often. Guard cannon (shoulder cannon heals 5% per hit) is a great way to help survivability in sticky situations, especially because it can be used while stunned. Emergency Stims (adrenaline rush acts as a cc break) is good as well because having 2 cc breaks is better than 1. Charge the line (GOTTA GO FAST) is great because hold the line isn't OP enough as is. Efficient tools (increased shoulder cannon and harpoon range) is great in conjunction with guard cannon to allow for further shoulder cannon shots. Also 40m harpoon is extremely fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying some success in solo ranked and 1on1 duels on my Tactics VG by doing a little thinking outside the box and stacking full endurance. Fortitude Augs, B lettered mods, high-end enhancements and a Reactive Warding relic. Also going full power and 0 crit.

The reason? 2 of our heals (as well as the WZ medpac) depend on our max health (the 40% threshold one and shoulder cannon), so the higher our health is, the more effective those heals will be. Also the Reactive Warding relic and the proc absorb shield AP/Tactics get from their tree are based on aim/power/techpower (crit does not help it at all since those shields cannot crit), which is why I go full power and not worry about crit.

And as for the actual damage dealing? I consistently deal more damage/win more games with this setup since I live longer as opposed to dead/respawning VGs who do 0 damage

Edited by RendValor