Overpowered healings killing pvp

leonlotus

But I've won matches like that, with actual good dps players.

If in round 1 I'm getting 250 - 300k but the rest of my team barely gets past 80k then it's a loss.

These people don't follow instructions, they don't focus, use DCDs, nothing.

Next round their dps focuses me, because I'm an actual threat, then take their sweet time with the rest of my team.

Once in a blue moon when all the stars align. I hear you. I won one too, might have been a merc healer and a skank tank.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once in a blue moon when all the stars align. I hear you. I won one too, might have been a merc healer and a skank tank.

I've won against sorc healers when my team wasn't braindead.

It's hard, but not impossible.

I also remember a match of two tanks and two sorcs. They didn't have the dps to kill us so we burned them down one by one.

Edited by Ruhun

I also remember a match of two tanks and two sorcs. They didn't have the dps to kill us so we burned them down one by one.

Unless they were completely under geared and baboons behind the mouse I doubt it. I said equal skill, not smashing pve ers in wz. Look I'm not going to argue with you. If you think smashing pvers makes things fair then that's you.

Edited by chosonman

I don't even need team mates for that. I permanently kill tanks and sorc healers on my own. The tactics is exactly as you said. If I'm on my own, then I don't try to kill both at the same time. I kill the sorc healer first and ignore the tank until the sorc is dead. Then I kill the tank.

Unless they were completely under geared and baboons behind the mouse I doubt it. I said equal skill, not smashing pve ers in wz. Look I'm not going to argue with you. If you think smashing pvers makes things fair then that's you.

Their tanks weren't shank tanks, so they didn't hit us for a ridiculous amount while also being able to throw out guard and taunts. They were just tanks, granted one of them was absolutely terrible.

The other three players were average players. I didn't recognize their names but they CC'd, threw out big heals, DCDs, etc.

Edited by Ruhun

Removing some mobility and phasewalk would be enough.

Everything apart from that is a consequence of BioWare's fotg concept and as a result of that poor matchmaking.

Agreed.

The post was from middle of last year. Things back there were different.

Well, after another night of PVP, I've kinda decided that the team with the most sorcs is guaranteed to win 90% of the time. There were 4 sorcs queuing together so it was a toss up as to what side would get em. Every time they were on my side, we dominated. Every time they were on the other side, we lost in humiliating fashion.

Forget the ops and premades altogether, NERF SORCS/SAGES

Edited by skarvika

Well, after another night of PVP, I've kinda decided that the team with the most sorcs is guaranteed to win 90% of the time. There were 4 sorcs queuing together so it was a toss up as to what side would get em. Every time they were on my side, we won. Every time they were on the other side, we lost.

Forget the ops and premades altogether, NERF SORCS/SAGES

Were they all Lightning Sorcs?

That full 8 man Lightning Sorc team is giving me nightmares.

Just why.

Edited by Ruhun

Were they all Lightning Sorcs?

That full 8 man Lightning Sorc team is giving me nightmares.

Just why.

I think there were a couple lightning sorcs but definitely some big heals as well. Immortality bubbles on the whole team, that was fun! Going a full round of huttball without dying once due to my health jumping from 0-100 in about 2 seconds, also fun!:p

Half the time you don't even need to kill the healer , just keep up enough pressure on them so they spend all their time kiting and healing themselves too much to be of any use to their own team.

What healer in this game kites? I never seen it. They out heal most dps and if there guarded and cross healing your not kill them. Period . Healing in this game is outrageous. At 65 pvp they with double if not triple dps numbers. In most games. They should be trying to kite and get away from dps. But here they don't have too they can straight up out heal them.

The game will fix its self peps will move on and it won't matter.

Edited by turboooo

Tell me why my lethality sniper constantly runs out of resources trying to kill a healer but a healer can infinaheal without ever running out? Where's the balance in that?

There is none. Sorc/sage heals are gamebreakingly OP right now to the point where it doesn't even matter who's on a team so long as they have a dedicated healer. I've come up against plenty of teams who frankly suck but they're unkillible so they breeze through WZs like it's nothing and I've won a lot of WZs just because I had immortality bubbles and 4k HPS on me constantly.

Edited by skarvika

There is none. Sorc/sage heals are gamebreakingly OP right now to the point where it doesn't even matter who's on a team so long as they have a dedicated healer. I've come up against plenty of teams who frankly suck but they're unkillible so they breeze through WZs like it's nothing and I've won a lot of WZs just because I had immortality bubbles and 4k HPS on me constantly.

Honestly with 65 pvp the way it is right now it's not worth playing. I played 65 pvp for 6 hours this morning 95% of the time not a thing died. No one could kill me and there heals where too strong and no one died on there team either. really it was a waste of time. I don't see them fixing it right now and I'm not waiting for them to fix it anymore. Really its not fun at all. any new games worth trying?

Honestly with 65 pvp the way it is right now it's not worth playing. I played 65 pvp for 6 hours this morning 95% of the time not a thing died. No one could kill me and there heals where too strong and no one died on there team either. really it was a waste of time. I don't see them fixing it right now and I'm not waiting for them to fix it anymore. Really its not fun at all. any new games worth trying?

The team with the most sorcs wins 90% of the time. It's like it's turned into some stupid game of rock paper scissors that you pay 15 bucks a month for.

I might go back to ESO, I kinda miss the PVP there.

I'm not a bad DPS in PVP. I even used to pride myself on mitigating healers. I believe that healers are a bit over powered. At one on one, Just like fighting a tank, you should "eventually" kill off a healer with the same gear spec as yourself, when evenly skilled. I think a good solution is to make their abilities similar to tanks. Have them be more beneficial to others and not yourself. This would reduce the OP thought processes, make them more group focused, and though it would force players to bring out more healers to mitigate this loss of effectiveness, at least they couldn't heal tank themselves. This would also make tanks more useful as 2 healers more than make up for a heal tank combo.

This is just my opinion, and I won't even read more into this so if you feel like blasting my opinion, you're wasting your time.

Sorc/sage healers (and skank tanks too) are so obviously destroying PvP for everybody else that BW would have fixed them months ago. The fact that they haven't, is evidence that it has become economically pointless to spend labour man-hours on this game. I assume that the servers will shut down for good in a few months. Edited by Cretinus

Give every dps class healing reduction abilities

Remove immortality bubble

Remove guard from every dps spec

Remove all immunity skills

Cut healing by half

Cut damage by 40 %

Maby after we can have some good pvp, right now its just pure retarded, or you get 3 shoted or you will never die cos of broken healing

I was in a match last night that was 6 sorcs, 2 sins. 3 of the sorcs were lightning, the other 3 were healers, and one of the Sins was a tank. Easily one of the most painful matches I've ever been in.

Good god that sounds awful.

It seems there is a growing consensus that healing is overtuned or overpopulated or some combination of both at the moment.

I keep hearing many counter-arguments that dps aren't doing there job. I think this is a fallacy because by that logic healers are the most amazing players right now and the left overs are mediocre and bad dps. Is that really possible? sounds implausible to me.

Edited by KevinQCowart

It seems there is a growing consensus that healing is overtuned or overpopulated or some combination of both at the moment.

I keep hearing many counter-arguments that dps aren't doing there job. I think this is a fallacy because by that logic healers are the most amazing players right now and the left overs are mediocre and bad dps. Is that really possible? sounds implausible to me.

With the increase in population and subs thanks to Kotfe and TFA plus of how easy it is to level we're seeing 65s that don't know how to play, even if they are geared.

Matchmaking is also an issue. This leaves one team with 4 healers and the other team with none. It's a massacre.

Sorcs of course are OP as ****, between Barrier, flash bubble, selfheals + cross heals and a number of other reasons they can be impossible to kill under the right circumstances.

With the increase in population and subs thanks to Kotfe and TFA plus of how easy it is to level we're seeing 65s that don't know how to play, even if they are geared.

Matchmaking is also an issue. This leaves one team with 4 healers and the other team with none. It's a massacre.

Sorcs of course are OP as ****, between Barrier, flash bubble, selfheals + cross heals and a number of other reasons they can be impossible to kill under the right circumstances.

Imo, the issue is just plain and simple, the balance.

A new restricitive matchmaking system can be boring too. Same formations all the time. No suprises..ever. Tsc

Edited by leonlotus

Imo, the issue is just plain and simple, the balance.

A new restricitive matchmaking system can be boring too. Same formations all the time. No suprises..ever. Tsc

They can balance and nerf all they want, we will still see healers dictate the result of the match 90% of the time.

Matchmaking is the only thing that will actually balance sh*t out in the long run.

Unless you enjoy seeing 4 Sorc heals with the enemy while you have none.

Edited by Ruhun