Wish me luck

Sarfux

Alright guys. I don't play with my blaster at all and haven't touched it on my 2 level 60 Operatives. I'm knife only on them. But now. I just figured out on what I'm going to do with this new Operative I'm making tonight.

Knife only play through the whole game starting with when I get my shiv, along with my Legacy melee features such as jab, punch, uppercut, and bash. I will be taking all ranged rifle abilities out of my hotbar and taking the blaster rifle out of the main weapon slot.

I will be leveling like this to have a strictly melee combat and knife only character through the whole game. Wish me luck guys! This is very fun so far and is quite a challenge! :)

Edited by Sarfux

Alright guys. I don't play with my blaster at all and haven't touched it on my 2 level 60 Operatives. I'm knife only on them. But now. I just figured out on what I'm going to do with this new Operative I'm making tonight.

Knife only play through the whole game starting with when I get my shiv, along with my Legacy melee features such as jab, punch, uppercut, and bash. I will be taking all ranged rifle abilities out of my hotbar and taking the blaster rifle out of the main weapon slot.

I will be leveling like this to have a little bit of strictly melee combat and knife only. Wish me luck guys! This is very fun so far and is quite a challenge! :)

Heh. I had not thought of that. You should be great though... your procs will still work and do massive damage. Hell, I may give it a try. :)

Only problem I can see with taking the rifle out of the slot is that you will be sacrificing half your tech power, which will cut your knife (aka tech) ability damage quite a bit.

But, it's your game, so good luck.

Only problem I can see with taking the rifle out of the slot is that you will be sacrificing half your tech power, which will cut your knife (aka tech) ability damage quite a bit.

But, it's your game, so good luck.

That's the whole point. Knife only, strict melee, big challenge. It's a lot of fun actually!

What about grenades?

I haven't really decided yet about that but I haven't really been using them that much. Having been thinking about it even. Technically, grenades are thrown from range, but it's not really a blaster range ability at all. I have using only my knife abilities and my legacy melee abilities. What do you think? Grenades or no grenades?

I haven't really decided yet about that but I haven't really been using them that much. Having been thinking about it even. Technically, grenades are thrown from range, but it's not really a blaster range ability at all. I have using only my knife abilities and my legacy melee abilities. What do you think? Grenades or no grenades?

I was more curious what your take was. You could try it without grenades and see if doesn't gimp you too badly.

I was more curious what your take was. You could try it without grenades and see if doesn't gimp you too badly.

Yah I don't think I'm going to use them. I haven't been and it's been going well actually. This is a lot of fun doing this while leveling!

I tried knife only on my OP (level 14ish) and it worked pretty well, lots of damage and mobility. However, I was never in a situation where I got stunned/immobed and hit from afar. The knife fights are pretty kinetic though. :D

Nice idea.

Have not tested that four legacy melee attacks for years because i thought it was just for 'style'.

When the damage was increased than you can indeed create exotic build's like:

Punch Only Warrior/Knight (no light sabers, or maybe using that CM market axe)

Punch Only Soldier/BH( no main hand, only generator)

Punch Only Smuggler/IA (no mainhand, only offhand knife)

ps:

grenades or not? practically it wouldnt make a big difference (if you mean that standardnade not the fragnade)

Edited by Gandherio

sounds like a fun thing to do . . . go for it, even tho the hardcore ones say 'no grenades' I would claim that it would make sense, using grenades, cripple them before the cutthroat . . . but that just me;) Edited by t-darko

This is very fun guys. And yes, I have used grenades from time time and have all my ranged abilities off my hotbar along with my blaster out of the slot! This is a lot of fun! I love finding new ways to play! Thanks for the support :)