Skank tank - what is it?

Moraaz

I heard a lot of people talking about this, but they dont agree to what it is exactly.

Is it a guardian/jugg in TANK spec (immortal spec for jugg) with a shield(or focus?) and in dps gear, or is it a rage/vigilance specced jugg in dps gear but just in tank stance?

Im a newb so please elaborate :-) thx a lot

Tank spec in DPS gear is commonly referred as a DPS tank. It loses quite a bit of defense to deal almost as much damage as any DPS.

Veng speced (Rage cannot support skank tanking due to lower survivability and heavy reliance on Shii-Cho) in Soresu is skank tanking.

Pre-3.0, Immo/Veng hybrid was also called skank tanking ;)

It is when a DPS specced character goes into tank stance and guard swaps. A lot of people will also toss on a shield gen w/ tank gear if they are super serious.

If you have to rely on doing that in ranked, don't Q. You'll probably drag down your team.

It is when a DPS specced character goes into tank stance and guard swaps. A lot of people will also toss on a shield gen w/ tank gear if they are super serious.

If you have to rely on doing that in ranked, don't Q. You'll probably drag down your team.

I won a ranked match with my dps tank so that is false.

Edited by adproduction

great! You won ONE!

You are basing your entire arguement around one match. Do you REALIZE how ridiculous that sounds?

Grand you don't even PvP anymore and NOBODY really rank pvps in Ebon Hawk. I played a total of 3 ranked matched in one week. (No one really queued prior to 12XP) Two were done with Vigilance and 1 with dps tank. DPS tank did fine while my vigilance did poor even with changed gear on the second go around.

Edited by adproduction

Grand you don't even PvP anymore and NOBODY really tank pvps in Ebon Hawk. I played a total of 3 ranked matched in one week. Two were done with Vigilance and 1 with dps tank. DPS tank did fine while my vigilance did poor even with changed gear on the second go around.

Uhm... I PVP all the *********** time...

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Dude prior to that one game you were in, you were never in PvP. Unless you are playing in the rare ranked matches.

So, I agree with Rydarus and I am pretty sure I was higher than you last season as well as this... Probs could have been higher if I decided to tank as well, but I went Venge all the way.

Also ffs learn some reading comprehension. DPS specced in tank gear.

You are seriously an idiot.

A skank tank is a dps spec'ed player who swaps to tank stance and swaps guard. This is usually done in 3 dps/healer matches and usually by a Guardian/Juggernaut, as they have the better Defensive Cooldowns compared to the other two classes who could skank tank.

Does it work? Sometimes. More often than not though, it will hurt the team worse than it helps it.

A skank tank is a dps spec'ed player who swaps to tank stance and swaps guard. This is usually done in 3 dps/healer matches and usually by a Guardian/Juggernaut, as they have the better Defensive Cooldowns compared to the other two classes who could skank tank.

Does it work? Sometimes. More often than not though, it will hurt the team worse than it helps it.

Thank youuu!

Watch Adproduction tell you that you are wrong now... xD He apparently won a single match as a DPS Tank on The Ebon Hawk after all.

Could it be... that I PVP at different times than you are on? GASPPPPP!!!

Why are you replying to yourself? Prior to retiring I played both day and night. I have my own laptop just in case you were wondering and nort once did I see you until found out what server I was on. You came on two times and never came on after that.

Thank youuu!

Watch Adproduction tell you that you are wrong now... xD He apparently won a single match as a DPS Tank on The Ebon Hawk after all.

Nobody does ranked PvP in any of the servers.

Dalfurend: yes, they...

There is a reason pvp world shrink in population and why guys like Grand land in RP servers. You guys come to RP servers because it increases your chance of fighting noobs so you can farm them for bragging rights and coms. This ain't new **** and has been going on since WoW.

We don't have teams in this game or the other severs except in this game. Ranked PvP is nigh dead due to the exodus of PvP players. It's easy to get top rank in a RP server were Ranked PvP is rare and the groups have to know PvP experience. Most people on the server RP or do PVE. People who were good at PvP were either people who had nothing else better to do or were formerly from PVP. Let me say this again in most servers ranked is dead. (From vet mouth of former PvP players from different servers)

We won our ranked match due to coordination and doing our job. My job was guard swap, taunt, AOE taunt, CC, and do damage. And case you're going to scream "I got carried" ******** you la yourself to sleep with they made a bee line for healer and later dps. Each of us got 1 kill each. The vigilance matches ended due to the fact that my character couldn't last long in environment where is the main target. So unless my healer carries as you guys love to cry, my vigilance wasn't going far. Can a dps tank do well in PvP?

They just as well in Ranked as normal PvP as it depends on the team you are playing with. But according to ******* like you there is no way my dps tank can win any game. Just like how you made the claim my dps tank couldn't do 800k damage with 100k (200k in another game) or kill anyone. (Killed 3 people in 4v4 game and a total of 40 people.) I can't wait for the next myth you bring up about dps tanks when you guys don't play my account or play dps tanks yourself. Grand hasn't played since 2.9 so his source is unreliable and you never played one so why are talking **** about a build you've never tried?

It's like you can't let go some took something you suck and did something good with it. That or you're just a cyber bully who gets off picking fights on message boards. (I am learning towards this and elitist attitude.)

that's actually not true as we don't change our stance. Most dps tank keep the same stance unless they are PVE and made dps. As for how well the build works, it depends on the team you are with.

Edited by adproduction

LMAO this guy.

Bruh, the OP wanted to know what a Skank tank was.

It's answered. If he takes anything you say seriously, his loss.

I'm

O

U

T

OP, he says this a lot, but he always comes back. He can't stop trolling.

DPS tank are guys who play in dps gear either for PVE to do more damage or PvP to have two options instead. PvP tanking is dead for the most part and tanks are poor duelist so most players opt for a split option which is to tank the squishy while doing damage. It is effective but not as good of dps as say a vigilance, but you do enough damage and protection to function.

Most of the Nay Sayers here have never played a dps tank, but if you ask around by those who have they will tell you the same as myself. I have played Operations, FPs, TFPs, and PvP. It's even good solo. You never have to switch stances unless you are the dps of a PVE group.

Edited by adproduction

I do not know if it was answered already :

A skank tank ist a dps tank. For a juggernaut this means you'd spec vengeance but have tank stance + tankequip. With that you would still take less dmg than a dps but more than a tank, but you'd parse 2k-3k dps. This is viable in fights where healers would dps becuase healing isnt too difficult. But healers never achieve 300-500 dps each without not healing at all, thats why you'd want a skank tank. He does 1k-1.5k dps more than in tankspec therefore the dps gain is higher than if you'd let your healers dps in phases where healing is easy enough + no eventual ressource problems of the healers.

I do not know if it was answered already :

A skank tank ist a dps tank. For a juggernaut this means you'd spec vengeance but have tank stance + tankequip. With that you would still take less dmg than a dps but more than a tank, but you'd parse 2k-3k dps. This is viable in fights where healers would dps becuase healing isnt too difficult. But healers never achieve 300-500 dps each without not healing at all, thats why you'd want a skank tank. He does 1k-1.5k dps more than in tankspec therefore the dps gain is higher than if you'd let your healers dps in phases where healing is easy enough + no eventual ressource problems of the healers.

Most of the content in the game is like this though as you can dps tank with no problem.

OP, he says this a lot, but he always comes back. He can't stop trolling.

DPS tank are guys who play in dps gear either for PVE to do more damage or PvP to have two options instead. PvP tanking is dead for the most part and tanks are poor duelist so most players opt for a split option which is to tank the squishy while doing damage. It is effective but not as good of dps as say a vigilance, but you do enough damage and protection to function.

Most of the Nay Sayers here have never played a dps tank, but if you ask around by those who have they will tell you the same as myself. I have played Operations, FPs, TFPs, and PvP. It's even good solo. You never have to switch stances unless you are the dps of a PVE group.

Try that on Master and Blaster HM and report back. Pics or it didn't happen.

Try that on Master and Blaster HM and report back. Pics or it didn't happen.

I will give you the names of the operations I tanked later, but most of content (not all of it) I have tanked as a dps tank. Battle of Rishi on Hard mode also kicks my ***, especially if the healer doesn't not know what he is doing.

Edited by adproduction