Sometimes this community baffles me.

mmmbuddah

So I know everyone really likes open world pvp, and I constantly hear my fellow pvpers saying they want more open world pvp. Then we get the gree event for TWO weeks. That is two weeks of possible open world madness. Yet I type into general chat if anyone wants to group for open world pvp in the contested zone on Illum, absolute silence. Then I go there myself, and I am LUCKY if I find two or more people actually fighting. Logic? Then I check the instances. 2, maybe 3 instances -if- you are lucky. So what gives?

It’s the case of wanting being more important than having?

One thing though which makes Ilum a bit hard for me is that it’s all vs. all, so you need to group-up beforehand and can’t do it on the fly.

I saw Imperial players picking on a couple of the Republic guys, and would have dearly wanted to heal the Pubs being ganked even if it got me killed in the process, but they were all in red. Being forced not to take part sucked.

I was in an incomplete group of 3, and would have gladly picked up a wandering around yolo, but… the toon is red. My understanding is that clicking on the red toon to invite him or her in the group will initiate an attack. And the last thing I want to do is to attack a yolo player.

It’s the case of wanting being more important than having?

One thing though which makes Ilum a bit hard for me is that it’s all vs. all, so you need to group-up beforehand and can’t do it on the fly.

I saw Imperial players picking on a couple of the Republic guys, and would have dearly wanted to heal the Pubs being ganked even if it got me killed in the process, but they were all in red. Being forced not to take part sucked.

I was in an incomplete group of 3, and would have gladly picked up a wandering around yolo, but… the toon is red. My understanding is that clicking on the red toon to invite him or her in the group will initiate an attack. And the last thing I want to do is to attack a yolo player.

May I suggest /invit name????

So I know everyone really likes open world pvp, and I constantly hear my fellow pvpers saying they want more open world pvp. Then we get the gree event for TWO weeks. That is two weeks of possible open world madness. Yet I type into general chat if anyone wants to group for open world pvp in the contested zone on Illum, absolute silence. Then I go there myself, and I am LUCKY if I find two or more people actually fighting. Logic? Then I check the instances. 2, maybe 3 instances -if- you are lucky. So what gives?

The best way to get people to group up in that situation is to get a team made up of people who are being trolled while trying to cap the pylon. Plenty of action on my server.

You're on the wrong server? Logged in at the wrong time?

Bastion has been pretty busy in Illum the past few nights.

I have been thinking of moving my main to the English EU PVP server. But I hear it is dying a slow and painful death :/. I was pretty much online all day, and night, cuz I have a bum foot atm. Compared to last time its a ghost town.

The best way to get people to group up in that situation is to get a team made up of people who are being trolled while trying to cap the pylon. Plenty of action on my server.

I guess it just has been dead on TRE then. I will have to check more often. Makes me sad because I made sure to get a set of healer gear for my commando especially for this event. :(

Open world PvP needs an incentive. PvPing at the Gree event site does not have any benefits (or rather they are WAY too small when you can play a bunch of WZs in the time you would finish the PvP quests. Which are btw not even really PvP related). Edited by DynamiCtagez

The thing in open world is it really favors stealth or numbers. Both if you really want to get serious. Particularly if the area is not set up for PvP with defensible positions as objectives to where a non-stealth could have the advantage. Wandering around alone in the open makes you a target.

Everyone likes open world pvp?No no no

Everyone likes to win.. if you can't win.. you don't want the open world pvp

Why you don't like the regular WZ? at least there is 'high' chance of 'fair' 8v8 match (an the group finder finds ppl for you whie you do other things) at open world pvp there is very low chance of 'fair' equal number of ppl battles not to mention finding ppl

The outlaw den and Ilum pvp zone have horrible respawn places/timers after 3-4 return/travels you wasted more time on traveling back then actual pvping

The community :

- one class point of perspective or limited perspective of balance

- elitist behavior and exploiting of current balance issues and playing only the best classes currently available

- forgetfulness about previous balance issues and their current solution (for example previous sorc/sage problems

compare it to current state or how many assasins/shadows played hatred/balance pre 3.0?)

- emotions that cloud judgment

The Dev/BW/EA

- no support in current PvP - no double WZ rewards weeks? PvP events?

- not interested in small tweaks to current open world pvp areas, gearing cost, mini/maxing costs etc

- no 'open dialog or conversation' between two communities just statements informations or suggestions one way messages 'post and forget' system

- over flooding and distracting pvp players with PvE content

- no forum clean ups or moderation, active closing/moving the troll threads (PvP forum over 1 mil of posts.. so quantity way over quality)

I haven't been to Ilum since the last Cree event, but his was my experience as a Repub on PoT5 ...

Got there and there are several Repub players at base and doing the PVE sections of the event. Ask to group for the PVP portion and you nothing but crickets. You go to the PVP section and it is nothing but Imps. So you either get ganked by a group or they leave you alone and you have to solo the content.

Either way the Repubs have gotten completely beat into submission for OWPVP on PoT5. I guess they collectively believe a 4 man group goes into the PVP section they will just get clobbered by multiple groups of Imps.

Regardless, I suspose ti means as a Repub you have to solo Cree and just hope you don't become the server's version of a pin cushion.

I haven't been to Ilum since the last Cree event, but his was my experience as a Repub on PoT5 ...

Got there and there are several Repub players at base and doing the PVE sections of the event. Ask to group for the PVP portion and you nothing but crickets. You go to the PVP section and it is nothing but Imps. So you either get ganked by a group or they leave you alone and you have to solo the content.

Either way the Repubs have gotten completely beat into submission for OWPVP on PoT5. I guess they collectively believe a 4 man group goes into the PVP section they will just get clobbered by multiple groups of Imps.

Regardless, I suspose ti means as a Repub you have to solo Cree and just hope you don't become the server's version of a pin cushion.

Sadly that is the case , it seems, on The Red Eclipse as well. I will never understand the obsession with the empire. Ever.

The problem with this isnt intent, its volume.

I also like open world PVP, but i avoid Ilum during this event as it isnt really PVP, its more like Guild Versus Player. Its never 1v1, its usually more like 10v1.

Now sure you can say get your guild etc... but im not in one currently and even when i was most of them weren't pvpers in that sense so.. the mega groups kinda monopolize these events. I dont really want to be in a guild with 100 members i dont know so thats not my cup of tea.

I love these kinds of events in theory, but it seems once again the community cant seem to get passed itself and tends to poop the bed on actually playing them.